Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get second hand heavy duty sash clamps

Options
  • 17-01-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Anyone know where i could get the above,i have tried all the usual websites,seem to be hard to get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I seen a couple in Mitchells in Tullamore today. Proper Record ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

The new record are not near the quality of the older ones.
    Second hand are extremely hard got. i have been trying for a long time myself and only tend to come across the scrap thats left after you get to the lads off donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

www.axminster.co.uk will send you their own brand clamps which are Record imitations and the carriage is not too bad. Record stopped producing them a few years ago so they are very scarce. I wouldn't bother with 'T' clamps - too heavy for all but industrial work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

This deal from Rutlands arrived in my inbox today no idea of the quality

Dakota Sash Clamp Pack of 6 x 54" Capacity - Lifetime Guarantee

Seems like good value for 6.

• Advertisement

Vexorg wrote: »
    This deal from Rutlands arrived in my inbox today no idea of the quality

Dakota Sash Clamp Pack of 6 x 54" Capacity - Lifetime Guarantee

Seems like good value for 6.

That is good value, wonder what the shipping would cost? I've sent an inquiry but the offer is only for the next 2 days. Hope they reply as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Delivery shows at £0.00 if I go through the checkout without doing the final confirmation. My previous order had no delivery charges, but it was a larger order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Vexorg wrote: »
    Delivery shows at £0.00 if I go through the checkout without doing the final confirmation. My previous order had no delivery charges, but it was a larger order.

Rutlands charge a fixed £14 to send a package to the ROI. The clamps are cheap for a reason - they have a rolled acme thread which is not a patch on the proper screw cut Record threads.Axminster want £97.50 for 6 X 54 " clamps but the quality is way better. However it migh be worth checking out that shop in Tullamore !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Goughs tool shop in Little Mary Street, Dublin, have "Eclipse" sash clamps (flat bar, not T-section) at €20 for 3' and 4'. I have 3 of the 3' ones myself and they seem fine quality for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Goughs tool shop in Little Mary Street, Dublin, have "Eclipse" sash clamps (flat bar, not T-section) at €20 for 3' and 4'. I have 3 of the 3' ones myself and they seem fine quality for the money.

Had a look at them today very small jaws overall not sturdy looking.

• Advertisement

I ordered those clamps from Rutlands and there was nothing about shipping. They haven't arrived yet but I will let you all know what they are like when they do

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kev91

try a local enginering shop i got 2 5 foot clamps made up for 30 quid got 2 3 0r 4 foot clamps made up for 20 quid the only complaint i have about them is there extremly heavy

i also made up a set about 5 or 6 years ago when i first started making stuff with 2" box iron and threaded bar
    very cheaply made and have lasted me along time and are still doing the job

Advertisement