Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hornady 40gr v max .223

Options
  • 17-01-2013 4:51pm

hello, anyone know where i can pick up a few boxes of these? had an order with sportsden but they are out. pref someone that will post them. cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

A good few dealers will post ammo once you email/fax on a copy of your license.

Duffy's in Galway

cheers dev, id rather not deal with duffy. i drive past him to get to most places. are the other dealers online?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭franknrol

the hornady 40 grains are being discontinued :mad: my pea shooter loved them

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Tommy87

Patrick Carly in Wexford will ship them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

franknrol wrote: »
    the hornady 40 grains are being discontinued :mad: my pea shooter loved them

I can't find any reference to that statement, where did you see this????:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Karl Scollan in Drumshambo co Leitrim stocks them 40 grain v-max for 223. They are very good round from what I seen

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭franknrol

clivej wrote: »
    I can't find any reference to that statement, where did you see this????:mad::mad:

email from knocnagoshel shooting grounds "Hi *****
    Bullet prices below for 223 :

Hornday 53gr vmax SPV 27.50
    40 gr vmax 26.00(being discontinued)
    55 gr vmax 26.00

Remington 50gr jhp umc 18.00
    50gr accutip 33.00
    55gr psp 22.50

We will have PPU partizan in stock in 5 weeks with very good prices should you wish to look at these.

The above prices are box/20 prices. A 7% discount applies on 200 orders and it can be mixed order on any centre fire rounds."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

franknrol wrote: »
    email from knocnagoshel shooting grounds "Hi *****
    Bullet prices below for 223 :

Hornday 53gr vmax SPV 27.50
    40 gr vmax 26.00(being discontinued)
    55 gr vmax 26.00

Remington 50gr jhp umc 18.00
    50gr accutip 33.00
    55gr psp 22.50

We will have PPU partizan in stock in 5 weeks with very good prices should you wish to look at these.

The above prices are box/20 prices. A 7% discount applies on 200 orders and it can be mixed order on any centre fire rounds."

That would seem that they are not going to stock them.

Not discontinued by Hornady.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gtx

got a box today from thegunstore.ie there 28E do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

cheers dev, id rather not deal with duffy. i drive past him to get to most places. are the other dealers online?
    What is the story with Duffys seen a lot of the local lads dont like him or dont use him , i seen a something on his web site i was thinking of getting ,should i go elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I get on well with Brian. Any time I call in to get ammo I always have a great chat. Haven't been up there in ages though.

lb1981 wrote: »
    What is the story with Duffys seen a lot of the local lads dont like him or dont use him , i seen a something on his web site i was thinking of getting ,should i go elsewhere.
    best i can tell you is go in to him a few times and make your own mind up! ya hear that in a good few gunshops, people traveling past his door

Advertisement