Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you charged to electronically transfer money

Options
  • 17-01-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Do banks charge you to electronically transfer money..i want to transfer money from my AIB account to a savngs account with KBC...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you're subject to charges normally on your AIB account, then yes you would be charged. If I recall correctly, it's 20c for an electronic transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I know you're with AIB but your question was asked in general terms (no AIB mentioned in thread title) so for the benefit of BOI customers who come looking, here is an extract from the current (Nov 2012) BOI 'Schedule of fees and charges for personal customers' document..

Concessionary services available with the Personal Current Account

There are no charges for the following services on the Personal Current Account:
    • Account Administration
    • Account Balance / Interest Certificate
    • Auditor Queries
    • Character Enquiry / Status Enquiry
    • Cheque Encashment
    • Cheque Clearance by phone
    • Cheque sent for collection/special presentation
    • Credit Transfers outwards
    • Replacement PIN
    • Set Up Standing Order / Accept Direct Debit
    • Standing Order Amendments/Commission
    • Stop Payment Instruction - Direct Debit / Cheque

Note: I don't think this applies to transfers to foreign accounts for which there is a separate charge.

Advertisement