Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you Latvian?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm doing some research for a story and I'm just looking for some Latvian ghost stories/folk tales.

Any help welcome! :D

Sparks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 niamh_eile

Interesting! Why Latvian? It's not a regular choice of country to be interested in. I've no great knowledge of or interest in Latvia but I'm fascinated with Lithuania and Estonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sparky2009

Hi Niamh, Hard to answer that question. It's just an inner writing thing that dictates that the character is Latvian. I'd probably be making my life easier if she were Lithuanian or Estonian but you have to stick with your gut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 niamh_eile

Okay. Well, good luck with the story! The guys and girls here might be able to point you in the right direction. I did a search on Google but it seems that for most pages you need knowledge of Latvian.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sparky2009

Great. Thanks for your help Niamh. Have a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Sparky2009 wrote: »
    I'm doing some research for a story and I'm just looking for some Latvian ghost stories/folk tales.

Any help welcome! :D

Sparks

If you haven't already, you might want to start with the legend of 'Turaida Rose'. It's a well known tale involving love, tragedy and intrigue. Another route you might want to explore is the history of the Livonian Order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement