Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennel run flooring

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'd say the cow mats would be easier to get your hands on (co cops usually have them).

The kennel deck looks pricey unless you can get it in Ireland?

Patio slabs could work as well but the rubber mats would require less work to put down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I'd recommend patio slabs. They'll probably be expensive but they last forever and they're so easy to hose down and keep clean. My run is fully covered in slabs with a small corner of gravel as a toilet area.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Get concrete. Lends itself to so much function. Stools will not be a problem, power washing is very feasible, it's not too costly. It can be finished as you desire, brushed surface, bull nosed edges etc.
    A rubber mat can be placed on top anywhere and moved as needed. A run off is so easy too and at zero extra cost.
    We have 5 runs nearly 20 years old and they still don't need maintenance. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

time lord wrote: »
    Get concrete. Lends itself to so much function. Stools will not be a problem, power washing is very feasible, it's not too costly. It can be finished as you desire, brushed surface, bull nosed edges etc.
    A rubber mat can be placed on top anywhere and moved as needed. A run off is so easy too and at zero extra cost.
    We have 5 runs nearly 20 years old and they still don't need maintenance. :D

would agree 100% concrete is the best option apart from all above advantages its great to keep the dogs nails naturally worn as well

Advertisement