Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCC vs CC

Options
  • 17-01-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if anybody has any views on the two schools. I am in the new catchment for Castleknock Community College and live close to Castleknock College as well. I am aware that CC is fee paying and that will have a big influence on where I choose for my son next year but I would be interested to hear what people have to say. My son is sporty, bright with mild dyslexia.

Comments

Why pay the fees?
    CCC is a perfectly good school without the huge costs. That should be a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

My daughter started CCC this year and loves it. The principal and the year head are really supportive and approachable. Lots of activities that they can get involved in and its mixed which I think is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Read up the CCC enrolment policy as it has changed so, depending on where you are living, you may have to go to LCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Are their any result tables or achievement tables that you could compare them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

BostonB wrote: »
    Are their any result tables or achievement tables that you could compare them on?

I know that CCC were very high in country this year for junior - 2012 - I think top 10 which was their best ever I think with one of their students 12 straight A...

Enrolement policy has changed so check first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

As a former student, I'd recommend CCC (unless it's changed drastically in the past decade or so).

Strong focus on extra-curricular activities, good support for students with extra needs (at least there was when I was there) and the majority of teachers were good at their jobs - both in teaching their subjects and in actually caring about their students. I have very fond memories of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

vitani wrote: »
    As a former student, I'd recommend CCC (unless it's changed drastically in the past decade or so).

Strong focus on extra-curricular activities, good support for students with extra needs (at least there was when I was there) and the majority of teachers were good at their jobs - both in teaching their subjects and in actually caring about their students. I have very fond memories of the place.

Thats reassuring and good to hear from a past student perspective...

Advertisement