Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The elderly and bad weather

Options
  • 17-01-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

This may be a bit premature, but following the death of two elderly people in Dublin I suppose it can't hurt.

We've been promised bad weather over the next week

"There is a high risk of a very cold week ahead with some severe frosts. Some falls of snow possible also especially early in the week. However details are highly uncertain."

If anybody has an elderly or housebound relative in the Kilcullen area and the weather gets bad enough to prevent you visiting, or checking in, I'm available within reason, to call in, light the fire, ensure they have enough supplies in the house to tide them over etc.

We need to look out for the elderly all the time but they are particularly vulnerable at this time of year. I'm aware this is very premature, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. Hopefully the weather will come and go quickly and it will stay relatively mild!

Advertisement