Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving phone provider while out of contract

Options
  • 17-01-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am out of contract with eircom for the phone. Now i am changing provider.
    Do i have to notify eircom of this?
    And if I dont do i incur a charge ( although i dont see why to be honest)

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id like to know this too, thankfully im moving away from eircom, atlast there is another option for me and thousands more like me.
    Cant say its been a pleasure, quite the opposite actually.

Id like to know this too, thankfully im moving away from eircom, atlast there is another option for me and thousands more like me.
    Cant say its been a pleasure, quite the opposite actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

There is a 30 day written notification required to cease a service / account or move providers.

Customers may incur on months telephone / Broadband (if applicable) if the written notification is not received.

This is common practice with most telecommunications companies  

Here is the a link to the cancellation process in full - http://bit.ly/H8bvZQ

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark but can you tell us why the other providers are telling us differently?

If what you say is true does this 30 days notice mean i have to wait 30 days before i can go live with another provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi Guys,

There is a 30 day written notification required to cease a service / account or move providers.

Customers may incur on months telephone / Broadband (if applicable) if the written notification is not received.

Thanks, Mark
    There is no way I am paying it the contract was 12 months and I now am out of contract I do not recall anyone telling me anything about a 30 day notice can I get my signed contract sent to me please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi Guys,

Thanks, Mark
    What a load of crap. How are Eircom gonna deal with Sky when they initiate a porting request for a customer that is out of contract? Eircom must comply with the request and are not allowed to stall the process. Seems to me Eircom are trying to squeeze the last cent from the customer. Shame on Eircon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Eircom can't stall the process, they'll just charge you for an extra month on your final bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

what if your next bill date isnt for another 30 days and your last bill is fully paid

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nor40

hi guys im just after nearly getting a heart attack here  !!!!!   I have not yet received my January paper bill yet from eircom which was due to me last week so anyway a few minutes ago i logged into my account and I nearly fell off the chair because my phone bill was 195.23 I went into the bill details and read why I was being charged ...  as last week I switched my home broadband from eircom to Vodafone and eircom are now charging me  131.70 euro outside of the normal bill which is 63.53 euro these charges are  as  follows
    ( 1 ) Charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service 20.96
    (2 )  Residential line early cease charge   110.74

reading the above posts I totally agree with Kristopheus

My point being I was never informed by "  eircom " that I was under contract with them & If so I will be asking them for a copy of my signature where I signed this because there is none & being an eircom customer for a long time now they should have informed all their customers of this when it came into place as a few years back I switched from eircom to Vodafone & this charge or contract thing wasn't in place I went back to eircom a few months later so I would like to know when it came into place and its a load of crap to me just because they are millions in  " death " they try to screw their customers for every penny I don't mean to sound a bad person here and I am sorry if I offend anyone here but I will be calling eircom customer care in the morning about this and I will fight my case to the end and i am sorry but i think i am in the right here all advise welcome thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Hi Mark,

You might get a little inundated with questions like these!!

Last September I was cold called and agreed to a new contract - I wrote to Eircom within the 7 day cooling off period to cancel this and followed up with a further phone call - after some argument, lodging an official complaint and some frankly underhand tactics by Eircom reps I was advised that I was out of contract I asked for this to be sent to me in writing but this was never followed up - fortunately I've kept all the correspondence.  As I'm now changing provider can you confirm for me that I'm out of contract.  PM sent with account details.

As per posts above can you provide a copy of the signed contract / terms and conditions sent to me setting out details of the cancellation policy (i.e. 30 days)

Cheers!

• Advertisement

And if I dont do i incur a charge

Hi Guys,

All the questions are answered in the cancellation process link.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Apologies I've sent a number of PMs (didn't realise that they'd sent)

I would like to instigate a formal complaint and instruct Eircom that I am cancelling can you provide me with a current e-mail address in order to do so.

Thanks

Claregirl wrote: »
    Mark,

Apologies I've sent a number of PMs (didn't realise that they'd sent)

I would like to instigate a formal complaint and instruct Eircom that I am cancelling can you provide me with a current e-mail address in order to do so.

Thanks

Hi Claregirl,

Sorry I answered the other thread as well. Don't worry about the multiple messages, happens all the time : )

Can you look over my reply and get back to me when you can.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Claregirl,

Sorry I answered the other thread as well. Don't worry about the multiple messages, happens all the time : )

Can you look over my reply and get back to me when you can.

Thanks, Mark
    PM Sent thanks very much for sorting this for me Mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Claregirl wrote: »
    PM Sent thanks very much for sorting this for me Mark!

Hi Claregirl

Thanks for the PM, Mark will be in to tomorrow and we will respond to you then.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nor40

nor40 wrote: »
    hi guys im just after nearly getting a heart attack here  !!!!!   I have not yet received my January paper bill yet from eircom which was due to me last week so anyway a few minutes ago i logged into my account and I nearly fell off the chair because my phone bill was 195.23 I went into the bill details and read why I was being charged ...  as last week I switched my home broadband from eircom to Vodafone and eircom are now charging me  131.70 euro outside of the normal bill which is 63.53 euro these charges are  as  follows
    ( 1 ) Charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service 20.96
    (2 )  Residential line early cease charge   110.74

reading the above posts I totally agree with Kristopheus

My point being I was never informed by "  eircom " that I was under contract with them & If so I will be asking them for a copy of my signature where I signed this because there is none & being an eircom customer for a long time now they should have informed all their customers of this when it came into place as a few years back I switched from eircom to Vodafone & this charge or contract thing wasn't in place I went back to eircom a few months later so I would like to know when it came into place and its a load of crap to me just because they are millions in  " death " they try to screw their customers for every penny I don't mean to sound a bad person here and I am sorry if I offend anyone here but I will be calling eircom customer care in the morning about this and I will fight my case to the end and i am sorry but i think i am in the right here all advise welcome thanks
    hi peeps im just filling you in on the latest activity from this post I received a call from eircom yesterday re the above situation ... ad he informed me that I will only have to pay 17.63 for my calls on bill & that the other charges above will be written off by eircom  and he will close off  my account .... you see I went all the way with this issiue and won my case because I had the guts to speak up the truth about fake contracts and no written signature on my behalf I sorry again if any offence is taken here by anyone but you are entitled to question your rights within any company because they wont tell you anything unless you ask the and query the issiue  and to this note I would like to wish eircom the best in their future business as I really never had any probles with the foor a good many years now ok cheers peeps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

hi peeps im just filling you in on the latest activity from this post I received a call from eircom yesterday re the above situation ... ad he informed me that I will only have to pay 17.63 for my calls on bill & that the other charges above will be written off by eircom  and he will close off  my account .... you see I went all the way with this issiue and won my case because I had the guts to speak up the truth about fake contracts and no written signature on my behalf I sorry again if any offence is taken here by anyone but you are entitled to question your rights within any company because they wont tell you anything unless you ask the and query the issiue  and to this note I would like to wish eircom the best in their future business as I really never had any probles with the foor a good many years now ok cheers peeps
    Go on you good thing they are robbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

hi peeps im just filling you in on the latest activity from this post I received a call from eircom yesterday re the above situation ... ad he informed me that I will only have to pay 17.63 for my calls on bill & that the other charges above will be written off by eircom  and he will close off  my account .... you see I went all the way with this issiue and won my case because I had the guts to speak up the truth about fake contracts and no written signature on my behalf I sorry again if any offence is taken here by anyone but you are entitled to question your rights within any company because they wont tell you anything unless you ask the and query the issiue  and to this note I would like to wish eircom the best in their future business as I really never had any probles with the foor a good many years now ok cheers peeps
    Thanks for getting back nor40 and I am happy this was resolved. The forum is here for exactly this reason.
    Goodluck.
    Tony

Advertisement