Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Wildwood/East Coast 2013

Options
  • 17-01-2013 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Well boys and girls!! Myself and 2 other lads heading over to the East Coast of the US of A this summer (2013). Most certainly set on Wildwood, New Jersey as of now, heading out on May 22nd. 3 of us are in UL and are finishing this year so looking to go absolutely ape **** mental! Just wondering if anybody else is heading over to this neck of the woods? Know two friends that were in Wildwood last year and heard good reports regarding accomm, jobs, beach and craic etc! Also its a bus ride from the likes of Washington DC, NYC and even Boston up North so that kind of pushed it for us! Let me know anyways what ye are at whether you're going to Wildwood or any place around? Would like to hear from ya! Cheers.. much love! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kate1212

Weeel...9 girls here also looking into Wildwood to go to this summer..:) our final year in NUIG so the craic is also our main concern :P What date ye thinking of heading out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 HogieBear92

hey sound for getting onto me!! :) we finish up UL on the 18th so we're flying out the 22nd of May.. it's prob a bit early for Wildwood as it doesn't get going really till early June but our main concern was getting a job and accomm!! which from what I've heard are two easy enough things to get in Wildwood! had two friends there last year and they highly recommended it.. they said the place itself is good craic and then you've all the Jersey Shore things up along the coast and Cities like Philly and NYC near as well etc so plenty to do! you were talking about Sandy in another thread and what I know of that is the place got a renovation.. as did a lot of other places along the coast! Their main attraction is tourism during the summer months so they making sure things will be sorted by around May! :D What dates are ye thinking of heading out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kate1212

We're headin out the 20th so we'll be out there the same time as ye :) Have ye heard of many others heading out there?? Here, ill PM ya on my facebook be easier to get in contact because i dont really know how to work this thing tbh! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kingdom Girl

Hey there, I was in New Jersey a couple of years ago and it was very quiet there plus it was really difficult to get jobs even in restaurants as the summer season was the quietest the residents had ever seen-so be sure to look up jobs before you go!I worked in Moreys Piers, the hours were long and the money was crap and accommodation can be really expensive!!
    Also I wouldn't says its a us ride to new York, more like 3 hours or so and more to Washington DC!!But Atlantic City is close and still about an hour!!Also didnt Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey last October??!!!
    Would love another J1 - but its more San Diago Id be heading!\Good luck, have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 HogieBear92

Hey there, I was in New Jersey a couple of years ago and it was very quiet there plus it was really difficult to get jobs even in restaurants as the summer season was the quietest the residents had ever seen-so be sure to look up jobs before you go!I worked in Moreys Piers, the hours were long and the money was crap and accommodation can be really expensive!!
    Also I wouldn't says its a us ride to new York, more like 3 hours or so and more to Washington DC!!But Atlantic City is close and still about an hour!!Also didnt Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey last October??!!!
    Would love another J1 - but its more San Diago Id be heading!\Good luck, have fun!

yeah heard the place went down hill for a bit but had friends there las year and they said it was good craic and I've been told from a lad that was there two years ago and he said he had great craic! so hopefully it will be the same there this year!! :) and yeah just heard the buses go everywhere so I don't mind being sat on a bus for a while.. especially when it's heading to NYC!! San Diego would be great craic you should just go for it! ;) thanks for the advice anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SideOffARasher

Hey, my friends and I are going to Wildwood this summer too, four girls. Do people sort out accommodation when they are over there instead of booking in advance? I think it's really expensive if you don't have at least 7 people in the one apartment? Oh and I'm in NUIG too :) Then the others are in UL and LIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shnapback

Hey they'res a group of us heading to Wilwood in May, NUIG aswel, I heard wildwood crescent and diamond beach are best places to live? Any body have any luck getting accommodation yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vivibarry

Well boys and girls!! Myself and 2 other lads heading over to the East Coast of the US of A this summer (2013). Most certainly set on Wildwood, New Jersey as of now, heading out on May 22nd. 3 of us are in UL and are finishing this year so looking to go absolutely ape **** mental! Just wondering if anybody else is heading over to this neck of the woods? Know two friends that were in Wildwood last year and heard good reports regarding accomm, jobs, beach and craic etc! Also its a bus ride from the likes of Washington DC, NYC and even Boston up North so that kind of pushed it for us! Let me know anyways what ye are at whether you're going to Wildwood or any place around? Would like to hear from ya! Cheers.. much love! :cool:

hellooooooo :D ahhh dude sounds awesum, there are 4 of us girls from limerick heading over to wildwood on the 22nd of May. close to alot places like the big apple which is sweeeeeet. have ye accomadation sorted or waiting till ye get over there? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnnyhall1990

well good too see a few people going to wildwood. 4 of us went last year and it was the best summer ever so good we are heading back again. flying out on the 6th of june and cannot wait!!! what is everyones plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Beckyob

Hey!! Myself and 5 other girls form Wicklow are heading over to Wildwood at the start of June. Finding it hard enough to sort out accommodation! Do any of you guys have much sorted at this stage? There's only 6 of us heading over so we're hoping to bump into more Irish over there :)

• Advertisement

hi becky theres 4 of us hopefully in total and we are heading on 6th of june. nothin really sorted yet except flights but we never had anything sorted last year either. it all fell in to place for us. youll meet other irish people at the irish nights that take place. what is it your wanting to do? and how long are you staying for? my email is jonathan.hall1990@gmail.com if theres anythin ud liek to ask me

Sound thanks a million!! It sounds savage, cant wait! sent ye an email there :)

it is i ****ing love the place. how long is everyone going for? dont think i got yer email

Ahhh can't come quick enough at this stage! We're arriving on the 4th of June and then our flight back is the 20th of August I think. What about you? Where did you work last year? Okay i sent it to ye again there, hopefully it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beebeebre

hey ! Theres 13 of us from NUIG heading out to wildwood this year , it was just a random choice of location and we dont know very much about it! does anyone have any info on houses / jobs etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Moreys Piers for jobs anyway.

From what I've heard it's fairly easy to get set up once ye get over there. Me and the other girls have just been looking for jobs on google but not getting too worried about it just yet yano! I'm just assuming we'll be alright ha. What date are you guys arriving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beebeebre

Beckyob wrote: »
    From what I've heard it's fairly easy to get set up once ye get over there. Me and the other girls have just been looking for jobs on google but not getting too worried about it just yet yano! I'm just assuming we'll be alright ha. What date are you guys arriving?

theres 5 of us heading out on the 16th may , then the other 8 arriving on the 20th! what about yous ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

My Auntie lives about 40 mins away from Wildwood and visited it about 2 weeks ago....it's not affected at all, we'll be grand!

• Advertisement

beebeebre wrote: »
    theres 5 of us heading out on the 16th may , then the other 8 arriving on the 20th! what about yous ?

Yea there's 6 of us heading out on the 4th of June. We go to NUIM, Pats and then UCD aswel! Hope we're not too late coming out to look for jobs! Im sure it'll all work out though, can't wait :)

Advertisement