Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Names

• 17-01-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Well I'v only ever had boy cats and dogs so never named a female cat or dog. I was sure I'd be getting a male cat and liked the name Bosco:D but what names are good for female cats? She's blue in colour with a little white any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was just saying to my mom if I got a cat again I would name it platty. So I could have a plattapus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When our little tabby started visiting us we didn't know if he was male or female so we decided we'd use 'Jazzy' for short and call it Jasmine if a girl and Jasper if a boy. He's Jazzy/Jasper(When being reprimanded). I think Iris is a lovely name, although somehow the right name always seems to pop into your head with cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm usually quick with names I had a male cat that looked like this cat I'm gettin only it was black and white (white paws) called him socks and this cats grey and white (white paws) but it's girl this time wouldn suit her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I'm usually quick with names I had a male cat that looked like this cat I'm gettin only it was black and white (white paws) called him socks and this cats grey and white (white paws) but it's girl this time wouldn suit her

Sockette?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Cleo (patra)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

We still have a male like that, called socks too! :)
    Latest addition is a female and we called her lily, just looked at her and thought it suited her. Molly was our other thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Well I'v only ever had boy cats and dogs so never named a female cat or dog. I was sure I'd be getting a male cat and liked the name Bosco:D but what names are good for female cats? She's blue in colour with a little white any suggestions ?
    Wasn't bosco a girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Wasn't bosco a girl?

'Don Bosco' jumps in my mind, he was male for sure ;)

Bosco was defo a boy I used to love watching him.

Was thinkin lily but have a cousin by that name might be weird.

I think socks is an awesome name for a cat.

Still hittin a wall with a name thinkin all evenin and nothing fits in my head

Actually, isn't your dobie called nasher? You could call the cat nipper, be like the dogs in the Denis the menace comics :D

• Advertisement

Thats not a bad idea and its caught the hubbys attention bet it wont be dropped now... He named the dog I wanted to call him blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I found this earlier, thought it might help with the names:D

406063_492019210841914_132731785_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

7 of 9 is good, there is no way another cat in the world would have this name.

A pic might help hard to get her lookin at camera though

If she goes missing, it wasn't me :D

Yeah think I'll be keeping her inside forever!!! Neighbours might get ideas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

Ive always found Lilly a lovely name for a pet, or jess after postman pat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Her dash of white looks like a star, so I'd call her Stella. She's gorgeous. I have a blue cat, he's my one eyed Popey cat. (French spelling, he's French miaowing :p)

Some good names I like jess just not sure what suits her

Oh she looks like a proper lady! She needs a proper lady cat name :D

Gorgeous cat OP.

• Advertisement

Hoping to find the perfect name so gonna give it few days and see what pops up

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Pumpkin is really sweet name for a cat :D:D

Tabitha, Abbey or Daisy?

I have just remembered we used to have a cat called Tabitha, miss her!!

I like a few names now, I once had a cat called Tammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My dad is on his third Tammy!
    First one I grew up with, she lived 17 years, next one my brother smuggled into the house and hid for a week:eek: brother named her sparky, but dad stuck with Tammy:rolleyes:
    She lasted 19 years and now he has a little stray coming to visit which he calls Tammy.
    :o
    Says its easy remember:D

We currently have a smokey grey girl kitten called Mouse, she was tiny and kept running under sofa, we just saw her out of the corner of the eye, just like a mouse(she also squeaked not meowed), Ginger boy called Jake, and tabby and white Toby.
    In the past we also had Ginger and smokey (named for their colours) and Jake had a brother called Harry (before the Potter one, my daughter was two she said he was Harry, he just was and that was that).

I know of a cat called broccoli (3yr old named it as he loved broccoli), Jessie seems popular.
    My daughter named her rats Lily, Matilda, Susan and Luna, we have a dog Oliver, and another called Tiffi (short for Tiffany, my daughter is a Pratchett fan) so any people names you like?
    Personality makes a big impact on names, I know a black and white cat called Moo, 'cos she's a cow!
    I liked Mabel for our kitten, but it didn't suit her.
    Also know a stray someone is trying to tame called Al E. Cat.
    Oh and cobwebs, or webs for short (she liked to eat spiders :D)

well this cat has a gorgeous personality she loves been on the couch goin back and forth between us never lies down cos she cant decide who to lie on. She is super clean we have a large kitchen so one end is a lounge with tv and couch and she sleeps there and didnt touch anything she shouldnt (even left my fish alone)
    not keen on spiders so wouldnt mind her gettin rid of them at all. saves me and hubby doin paper scissors rock
    She's the colour of a mouse and when the dogs in she hides behind the couch but shes too friendly for that name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I like flower names and she's blue so how about some blue flower names? :p
    Violet
    Bluebell(e)
    Iris

tk123 wrote: »
    I like flower names and she's blue so how about some blue flower names? :p
    Violet
    Bluebell(e)
    Iris

Think I'm liking bluebell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I think she looks like a Theodora......or Theo for short :) She is such a beautiful cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Think I'm liking bluebell!!

:D Yeah I thought it was perfect!

Advertisement