Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole rate of 1.60!!!

• 17-01-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭

My wife was approved today for a weekly amount of 1.60!

We were told that no outgoings are considered and that gross wage is applicable which they assesed mine as 650 per week.
    They made no allowance for mortgage etc and when we asked about appealing the lady more or less said we won't succed......

Anyone else get such a lowly rate and is there any point appealing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

dahat wrote: »

We were told that no outgoings are considered and that gross wage is applicable which they assesed mine as 650 per week.
    They made no allowance for mortgage etc and when we asked about appealing the lady more or less said we won't succed......

650e is considered a good rate of pay per week i get that every 2weeks and still gotta pay my mortgage bills etc,my partner is on 144e a week cus of my wages :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The 650 is gross.......it is well reduced after the usual deductions plus maintenance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

1.60 euro a week is hardly worth the trip to the post office or even signing on!!!! too much hassle for less than the price of a cup of coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

jjbrien wrote: »
    1.60 euro a week is hardly worth the trip to the post office or even signing on!!!! too much hassle for less than the price of a cup of coffee
    True, but it's important for her to sign for her PRSI credited contribution record to remain intact.

They are going to pay it through the bank for her,save us going down for so little she said!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dahat wrote: »

As your outgoings is your concern she was right; they would not be considered. What they look at is your gross income and go down the scale on deduction from that and that's it basically. The fact you got a big mortgage is your problem; the same way you'd not get more allowance if both of you went on the dole simply because you had a big mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Nody wrote: »
    As your outgoings is your concern she was right; they would not be considered. What they look at is your gross income and go down the scale on deduction from that and that's it basically. The fact you got a big mortgage is your problem; the same way you'd not get more allowance if both of you went on the dole simply because you had a big mortgage.

You would probably qualify for mortgage interest supplement though (after a year of jumping through hoops!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I got offered a 10er a week off them when I was between college and a job! Ended up not giving them the satisfaction and held out for my job

Nody wrote: »

My mortgage is not a big mortgage,149k was the amount.

I just found it frustrating that outgoings were not factored in at all,yes i made mistakes during the boom years but we are paying back as we can.I just thought her rate would be a little higher,we had expected 40-50 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

stimpson wrote: »
    You would probably qualify for mortgage interest supplement though (after a year of jumping through hoops!)

Not necessarily. Mortgage interest supplement is usually not given to people who are in full-time employment (which you are), and also you need to restructure your loan with the bank and wait a year before being able to apply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Make sure to transfer her tax credits to you, and depending on your family size you might also qualify for FIS and a medical card. It might also be worth while entering into a MARP agreement with your bank if you are having difficulty paying your mortgage.

Advertisement