Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneyford 10k Challenge - Kilkenny

Options
  • 17-01-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

4th STONEYFORD 10K CHALLENGE 2013.

Date: Sunday, 19th May 2013

Distance: 10km

Race starts: 12.30pm

Special limited addition Stoneyford 10k Challenge Running Top to first 100 online entries.

€20 online entry @ http://www.runireland.com/events/stoneyford-10k-challenge-2013

All online entrants in for draw for Louis Fitzgearld Hotel/Dinner Voucher

Number, Chip Collection and Registration on Saturday evening 18th May 4-7 pm and Sunday morning 19th May 10.00- 12.00 pm At Stoneyford Community Centre.

More info and race day details on http://www.stoneyford10kchallenge.com
    Find us on Facebook : search for Stoneyford 10K Challenge

* First Male & First Female €250 each
    * Second Male & Second Female €150 each
    * Third Male & Third Female €50 each
    * Over 40, 50, 60 category prizes

*Course Record Bonus - €50
    * Chip Timing
    * Accurately measured course with Jones Counter.
    * Refreshments at Community Hall after the race.

*Online entry closing date Friday 17th May / Entries taken on Race morning until 12pm.

All proceeds will go to Scoil Náisiúnta Chiaráin Naofa, Stoneyford, Co. Kilkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Paced this last year. Really enjoyed it. Hope to race it this year if j ain't pacing it. Undulating course. Sounds tougher than it is. Prob cost me30 sec if I was racing it but it's one worth doing. All proceeds to a local school is far better supporting than into a lads back pocket. At 20 euro with chip tshirt. But the spread after it afterwards is worth paying the 20 alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

At 20 euro with chip tshirt. But the spread after it afterwards is worth paying the 20 alone

Haha, totally agree, the spread last year was phenomenal!!:D

Enjoyed the course last year alright, a couple of hills but not severe at all. Nice race for a good cause. Hopefully I can make it this year but will depends on work.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

This is a great event in all aspects,Great(accurately measured) course,well organized,fantastic prizes,hospitality second to none.Stoneyford 10k Challenge is the place to be on the 19th May 2013.Pencil it into your calendars-not one to be missed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

online entries are coming in nicely ... from far & near..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oh must really enter this, after all its only down the road from me.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Oh must really enter this, after all its only down the road from me.

your more than welcome to enter... ;) if you want to run the route . let me know .. we have unofficial training runs on the weekends for anyone interested...

enter online and get yourself a free running top ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

your more than welcome to enter... ;) if you want to run the route . let me know .. we have unofficial training runs on the weekends for anyone interested...

enter online and get yourself a free running top ...

Will have to see how I'm working in May but once I know what May is like I'll enter this year.

Got a course map/profile for this?, website http://www.stoneyford10kchallenge.com/ seems to have a placeholder page on it at present.

website back up and running ..

on D Ball Johnny ..:D:D thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DAVID AKA MACKY

I train along this route alot.Not sure it is as tough as the luggacurren 10k but testing enough.Hopefully my coach will give me the go ahead to compete in it this year provided i have no injurys and will be 7 months out of the orthotics at that stage so fingers crossed.Not sure its a coarse i could break my pb of 32.39 on though,considering the hills but it's one for the calender should i make it please god,plus its for a good cause too.The remainder of the coarse is pretty much downhill so you will always make up for lost time there so it is possible.

your more than welcome to enter David.. Brian Maher (the current national 10k champion) is the course record holder in 31.06... it would be great to have a few lads up the front pushing hard all the way...... great prize money as welll ... 250 for 1st place.. thats 100 more than the winner in enniscorthy got today .

your more than welcome to enter David.. Brian Maher (the current national 10k champion) is the course record holder in 31.06... it would be great to have a few lads up the front pushing hard all the way...... great prize money as welll ... 250 for 1st place.. thats 100 more than the winner in enniscorthy got today .

Yeah this would be a good 10k to get my summer season going so will see how the body is by may and what the boss says:D.Brians time is very hard to beat especially on that coarse.I ran 32.39 on luggacurren in laois few months ago and that was a hilly 10k but i think the hill in stoney has more of a drag to it so its a really difficult start. Ya never know word might spread and a bus load of kenyans hop off in stoneyford after hearing the moneys good this year hahahah.:D

online entries filling up... free running top to first 100 online entries ..

Pacers again this year.. 40, 45 50 55 and the hour mark ...... we have 4 great runners lined up to pace the race and one super runner.. :)
    Pacers will have balloons and T shirts .

quick update to say - 100 free T shirts are all gone ... thanks everyone for entering ..
    you can still enter online or on the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

quick update to say - 100 free T shirts are all gone ... thanks everyone for entering ..
    you can still enter online or on the day...

Ye should set up a table at the race series so people can sign up. Must sign up myself

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fowler1

WTF.village runner you are going to pay an entry fee.
    Instead of a freebie as a pacer:D

40, 45, 50 55 & a 60 minute pacer to help everyone achieve their goal time ........ expect top 5 from fowler1 at least...

What did top 5 take last year,i might get village runner
    to pace me half way.He can drop out again then:D

• Advertisement

5th last year was 34.59

5th last year was 34.59

you should be well able for that time fowler....... :D:D

fowler1 wrote: »
    What did top 5 take last year,i might get village runner
    to pace me half way.He can drop out again then:D

i dont think he would be able to pace you at that speed....... not renowned for his speed... :D:D

He be ok going down hill , uphill could be a problem.
    Sub 35 is tough on that course.

Lads is it too late to enter online or will i have to wait till raceday to enter?

Lads is it too late to enter online or will i have to wait till raceday to enter?

you can still enter on line until the 17th May.. or call to the hall saturday evening if you want to avoid the rush on sunday am ....

online entry open until friday but you can also : -
    Number, Chip Collection and Registration on Saturday evening 18th May 4-7 pm and Sunday morning 19th May 10.00- 12.00 pm At Stoneyford Community Centre.

Whats the prize money for second and third;)

€150 and €100 for 2nd and 3rd.I think the top 3 places will be hotly contested this year;)

• Advertisement

I might aim for the over 40 prize so:D

Advertisement