Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not showering before swimming

• 17-01-2013 7:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭

Lads lassies whats the crack...........................im appalled by the amount of fuzzballs in the aquatic centre who stride straight from clothes into nicks and straight into pool without a quick rinse in the showers................... dirty filthy Neanderthals, anyone else a testament to this ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Lads lassies whats the crack...........................im appalled by the amount of fuzzballs in the aquatic centre who stride straight from clothes into nicks and straight into pool without a quick rinse in the showers................... dirty filthy Neanderthals, anyone else a testament to this ????

Probably the same rotters that go from pool to sauna bypassing the shower again. Then squeezing their dirty sweaty swim hats onto the coals.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

It's the "clean" people that don't shower that probably pee me off more actually. The smell/taste of perfume and deodorant in the pool when certain people go past you in another lane etc can be nauseating at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Have to say anyone who had a big garlic dinner is the worst...you can smell and dare I say it taste it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I hacven't been back to the pool since I accidentally sharted in the deep end. Very embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

seriously though i heard a lad today lay an egg, come out throw his togs on and barge out ahead of me, I rinsed quick haste only to see him at the pools edge pulling stuff out of his belly button..............................then he lunges into the pool with a dive ......................... and the amount of dirty soles of the feet you can see whilst swimming under the water ....................

• Advertisement

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Probably the same rotters that go from pool to sauna bypassing the shower again. Then squeezing their dirty sweaty swim hats onto the coals.

indeed champ, never a truer word .........................smell of b.o ..............................I witnessed one guy doing jumping jacks in the sauna recently in the nac.................... sweat spraying all over the place :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

mickmc7 wrote: »
    It's the "clean" people that don't shower that probably pee me off more actually. The smell/taste of perfume and deodorant in the pool when certain people go past you in another lane etc can be nauseating at times.

Having grown up and worked around pools, the fecal matter levels far exceed urine.

Learn to wipe it and wash it people !!

Having grown up and worked around pools, the fecal matter levels far exceed urine.

Learn to wipe it and wash it people !!

Thanks for that mental picture now Rented Mule, I'm seriously damaged now.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

having worked in a pool and seen the stuff that accumulates in the filters, im of the opinion that if you started actually thinking about it you'd never get in again. so i never bother about it. plenty of swimming to be done!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I really don't understand how some people just don't bother to have a quick shower before getting into the pool - it's not just a matter of courtesy to others and self-respect via proper personal hygiene but also one of public health.

Disgusting!:(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Even worse are the people who spend 20 odd minutes in the sauna, and come out absolutely drenched in sweat only to dive straight into the pool :mad:

In general, I try not to think about what I'm swimming in. The amount of piss, ****, spit, skin, hair, sweat, and more is nauseating. Nice thought for you all :)

Swimming behind a woman the othr day in the NAC and half her kebab was hanging out of her trunks as I did the breast stroke (under water part), nearly choked on water............................at last wear proper swimming attire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

but theres loads of chlorine to disinfect everything - don't sweat it, didnt bother anyone in the 1960's

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

In fairness the shower before swimming is only a token jesture and probably doesnt serve much purpose cause most people who do shower basically step in and out.......

Also there is a reason the pool is full of clorine....its to kill all the water born poo.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Even worse are the people who spend 20 odd minutes in the sauna, and come out absolutely drenched in sweat only to dive straight into the pool :mad:

In general, I try not to think about what I'm swimming in. The amount of piss, ****, spit, skin, hair, sweat, and more is nauseating. Nice thought for you all :)

+1

I mentioned this on the "scummiest thing I've ever seen" thread. It absolutely sickens me.

forget not showering first... everyone is guilty of going for a wizz in the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Sadderday wrote: »
    forget not showering first... everyone is guilty of going for a wizz in the pool

It also disgusts me that many people actually have done this!

everyone does ! :) what ya dont know won't hurt ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

mickmc7 wrote: »

Have to agree with this. I hate that harsh metallic taste that hits the back of your throat when you breathe it in. Way worse than a harmless bit of wee or poo or snot.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭YouWantWhat

Think of the benefits - the resistance you're body is building up against all these things. Good practice for the open water season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

People not showering is the least of your worries. People urinate all the time in the pool. Swimming pools toilets always surprisingly clean.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The shower on the way into the pool does nothing more than get people wet. A rinse in warm water won't clean you if you are skank, and the majority of people are pretty clean anyway. . Pools have people in them all day. Regardless of showers, they're going to be bacteria laden. Best not to think too much about it and shower well once you get out.

And as mentioned, open water is so much worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Think of the benefits - the resistance you're body is building up against all these things. Good practice for the open water season.

Especially for swimming in the River Lee, sick :rolleyes:

Didn't stop getting severe cramps for two days after Liffey swim....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That bastard of a shower before you go in is always stone cold, they do it to piss you off, no wonder no one does

Advertisement