Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure HDCP link lost

Options
  • 17-01-2013 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Whenever i try and watch Sky Go live via xbox the error 'Secure HDCP link lost' comes up and the screen goes black and starts jumping.
    This only started yesterday for some reason. I can still watch YouTube and play games on Xbox.
    Anyone got any ideas on what might be wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

By any chance are you using a LG tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    By any chance are you using a LG tv?

Nah its a Samsung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You connected with a HDMI cable ? This was an issue last year with an update that that didn't like some TV's which I suspect was why the last poster asked if it was LG

Does it effect DVD Movies too ???

Yeah i have tried 2 different HD cables with same result. The same issue happens when i try open netflix also. I can get so far but when the movie starts an error comes up and the shows over!!
    I have also connected using the component cables from Xbox and it works but picture isnt near as good. Very frustrating as it has worked for past month or so without any hassle.
    I havent tried any dvds yet but i will later on.

Just checked and it wont play dvds through hdmi cable either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hi PaddyCar,

I had this problem before and this fixed it for me....

Go To Settings - Display and there is an option in there called Display Discovery if that is enabled, set it to disabled and your xbox will reboot. Everything worked for me after that.

Hi PaddyCar,

I had this problem before and this fixed it for me....

Go To Settings - Display and there is an option in there called Display Discovery if that is enabled, set it to disabled and your xbox will reboot. Everything worked for me after that.
    Thanks for the reply jimbob but it still won't work for some reason. Doing my head in at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CommandoJack

Simple case-by-case fix is to turn your TV off then on again whenever the screen goes flickerey - leave your 360 on.

This works 'cos the problem is in your TV's signal handling, nothing to do with the 360 except it just switched viewing mode.

A more permanent solution is to hunt through your TV and/or receiver box's settings and find something like "HDCP Management", "HDMI Handling", "DisplayLink" or "[MANUFACTURER NAME]Link/Connect/Something]".

The setting should be somewhere in the Display portion of the settings but may be under Advanced or something else.

Once you find it, disable it. It's only there so if you connect several devices by the same manufacturer they handshake more efficiently, but these settings are known to cause much more trouble than they fix, and are generally the cause of these HDCP handshake errors.

If that doesn't work, you're on your own I'm afraid!

CJ

Thanks for the reply CJ but im not having any luck with this. Thinks its time to give up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carlson27

it worked for me by turning my TV off. I think it had something to do with the fact that i have both my Xbox and my Charter DVR running HDMI to my TV (seperate cables). there was probably an interference. but turning my DVR off then my tv and turning my TV back on it worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement