Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook - May be going Private!

Options
  • 17-01-2013 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Facebook have been on the stock exchange quite a while now but they belive they're not getting enough shares, I don't know if this is just rumours but according to some google staff I know its supposively true. If anyone could comment with any relevant facts to support my statement would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The IPO was less than a year ago.

Why would google staff have any inside information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

What does "not getting enough shares" mean. Sounds like nothing but rumor to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Facts to support what statement? And what would google staff know about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

juan.kerr wrote: »
    And what would google staff know about it?

Facebook staff must have been Googling whether or not the rumour is true. Google staff saw their searches and tell the Facebook staff that they heard on the grapevine that Facebook is going private. It's all wonderfully circular :D

Except no-one knows what 'not enough shares' really means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

RATM wrote: »
    Facebook staff must have been Googling whether or not the rumour is true. Google staff saw their searches and tell the Facebook staff that they heard on the grapevine that Facebook is going private. It's all wonderfully circular :D

Except no-one knows what 'not enough shares' really means.

Surely it means that they're unhappy that too few of their "Friends" are reposting their stuff. No? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

or is this just the employees phissed they didnt get enough share allocation when they initally floated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyup

THERE'S NOT ENOUGH SHARES!!

:D

This thread is... confusing

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dell are considering becoming private: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/01/16/should-dell-take-itself-private-quite-possibly-yes/

Maybe someone got confused.

Advertisement