Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox keeps disconnecting

Options
  • 17-01-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Every 10-20 mins my xbox will disconnect from xbox live. I can recconnect straight away but its getting very annoying... Anyone any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hopefully this post of mine from last year will help
    if it's exactly every half hour, and you have Eircom's Zyxel modem, do the following:

1. Log onto your modem's configuration page by going to http://192.168.1.254 via your web browser.

2. If you're asked for a password its broadband1

3. Go to the orange Network link on the left side of the screen, from the dropdown otions choose Wireless LAN, and on the screen you'll see ReAuthentication Timer, Idle Timeout, and Group Key Update Timer.

4.Change them all to 9999 seconds, and then click Apply.

This doesnt stop it completely, but 9999 seconds is nearly 3 hours, which is a big improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Thanks for the help 3 hours is so much better than 10 minutes... :D

Advertisement