Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHR Radio Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Point taken but if I was going for a CHR station, I would try and ensure that the music takes preference and as a result, offering an alternative to the numerous talk shows on at the same time would be preferable. The majority of my target demographic would be in bed by the time Adrian starts and wouldn't be interested in his show.
    On 5Live, Stephen Nolan's show runs from 10 right through to 2am.

11 is just too late to start - in terms of listenership figures. 5Live have a much bigger TSA than FM104.

A good example of a CHR station running a phone show from 10 would be Radio City in Liverpool; they take the In:Demand network show from 7-10 and go back to local programming with Pete Price 'till 2am, the show is syndicated on Radio City's failing sister station, City Talk 105.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

You really enjoy your radio Gavin. What do you want to do post school?

You really enjoy your radio Gavin. What do you want to do post school?

Time will tell, the salaries don't seem to great in radio, but it is something I will hopefully do in my 20's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Just saw that Dominic Byrne (previously part of The Chris Moyles Show) has joined the Capital London Breakfast Show. Great to see that he's back on air, a really brilliant newsreader. Anyone hear him this morning and if so, what was his role like? Was he given the chance to have banter with Dave and Lisa or did he just do the news?

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Just saw that Dominic Byrne (previously part of The Chris Moyles Show) has joined the Capital London Breakfast Show. Great to see that he's back on air, a really brilliant newsreader. Anyone hear him this morning and if so, what was his role like? Was he given the chance to have banter with Dave and Lisa or did he just do the news?

Didn't hear him, but from looking at the comments from our friends over on Digital Spy, he just read the news and got on with it... no real interaction with the hosts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Anyone who's a regular Beat listener will have noticed that they have done a complete rehaul of their imaging. Enda Caldwell and the previous female voice are gone and have been replaced with Dave Davin (Top 40 Oifiguil na hEireann) and another female voice.
    All the news beds and jingles seem to have been replaced.

Have to say maybe I'm just used to the old one but so far the new package doesn't seem as good as the old one.

marno21 wrote: »
    Anyone who's a regular Beat listener will have noticed that they have done a complete rehaul of their imaging. Enda Caldwell and the previous female voice are gone and have been replaced with Dave Davin (Top 40 Oifiguil na hEireann) and another female voice.
    All the news beds and jingles seem to have been replaced.

Have to say maybe I'm just used to the old one but so far the new package doesn't seem as good as the old one.

I'm gonna take a listen now, they have always had great imaging IMO. When they had the iq beats jingles, Marty Miller and the uk female back in '04-'05 the station sounded great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Marvin Humes starting his new show on Capital now. Tonight is an Easter special but he will be on every Friday from 7-10pm.

http://m.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a469025/jls-star-marvin-humes-gets-weekly-dj-show-on-capital-fm.html

98fm have changed their logo, well only slightly....

1098276_10152076073167585_2101100975_n.png

Remember the big re-brand to "Dublin's 98" , are we seeing history repeating itself here!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

gavindowd wrote: »
    98fm have changed their logo, well only slightly....

1098276_10152076073167585_2101100975_n.png

Remember the big re-brand to "Dublin's 98" , are we seeing history repeating itself here!?

What's changed? I think they have turned a corner, at least from the outside looking in programming seems to be more structured now and they have an identity with "Dublins best music mix" rather than being a classic stations or a hit music station, it's a decent mix of most genre's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement