Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steven Reid plays half a game with a broken leg!

• 17-01-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

West Brom manager has come out saying that Steven Reid played 45 minutes of the game against Arsenal with a broken leg... A BROKE F$%£ING LEG!
    "He played for 45 minutes with a broken leg, which shows the character of the boy. We didn't release the injury but it was a fractured fibula he got against Arsenal."

Link to BBC article

I've always admired the lad and thought he was treated fairly ****ty by Trap. The boy has serious heart and the balls the size of Bengali tigers it seems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Broken legs can be very different. It always sounds impressive though when you here stories like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

full_irish wrote: »

I've always admired the lad and thought he was treated fairly ****ty by Trap. The boy has serious heart and the balls the size of Bengali tigers it seems.

Sure he obviously didn't know...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Meh, he's no Bert Trautmann. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

JPA wrote: »
    Sure he obviously didn't know...:confused:

Rumour has it he broke it himself. Was finding Podolski to easy to mark so thought to give himself a bit of a challenge ;)

That boy is an entirely different kettle of fish. As if he was part of a master race or sumit...

• Advertisement

Some guy played a chunk of a cup final with a broken neck.

Back when men were men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Meh, i walked around for four days on a broken leg without knowing it. Even went into work with it. No threads being made about me!!! :mad:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Some guy played a chunk of a cup final with a broken neck.

Back when men were men.

That's Bernhard 'Bert' Trautmann Incognito was on about. Ex-German POW fella who played for city back in the 50's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This doesn't surprise me at all. The guy is one of the hardest workers in the game. A couple of years ago when he was out with a knee injury for pretty much the whole season he was still working on every other part of his body in the gym every day. He spent up to six hours a day working out. Its the reason he was in such great shape when he came back from it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The guy is one of the hardest workers in the game.

Here here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Paul McShane plays with two left feet and a head the size of a basketball, proper hardman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Actually he played a few games with a stress fracture in his also

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Actually he played a few games with a stress fracture in his also

Oh god that sounds serious, I havent even heard of an 'also'. :P

RvP played on while medically half dead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

rarnes1 wrote: »
    RvP played on while medically half dead

i admire a man who gets back up and plays football after being the victim of attempted murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Meh, i stood barefoot on a piece of Lego once, was back in the work the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

full_irish wrote: »
    Oh god that sounds serious, I havent even heard of an 'also'. :P

Haha Jaysus just noticed that, Stress fracture in his Back I meant to say

21/25

Advertisement