Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wood shavings/sawdust

Options
  • 17-01-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone know where i can get wood shavings in half tonne bags if possible,a few weeks ago i seen a portable advertisement trailer advertising a number for some for horse/poultry bedding on the road between the whitford and maldron roundabout and also i spotted it on the enniscorthy road near crossabeg but never took number down as taught id see it again but never did. If anyone can help me let me know,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try Walsh's sawmills in Enniscorthy,they might be able to help.They are located on the Old Dublin Rd. just past the petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭The prowler

Thanks,i must give them a try

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Copyof100_3169_zps011b9119.jpg

Spotted this pile of wood shavings today , while out for a spin at JFK Aboreteum .

Maybe if you contact them , they may be for sale .

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bus.driver

Does anyone know how much could be 1 tone of shavings please?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Maybe Forrsitals at the Ferry Bridge in New Ross

• Advertisement

Down South wrote: »
    Maybe Forrsitals at the Ferry Bridge in New Ross

Hm,any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bus.driver wrote: »
    Hm,any details?

If it's the one I'm thinking of then head out the road from New Ross towards Enniscorthy, turn left for Kilkenny and as you turn left to head across the bridge towards Kilkenny there is a sawmills on the right had side you cannot miss it, unless you are blind, and if you are then you shoudln't be driving :P

Thanks for input.
    Do you have any idea how much could it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bus.driver wrote: »
    Thanks for input.
    Do you have any idea how much could it cost?

Can't imagine very much, It's a waste product init? Unless they clean it, dry it and sell it specifically for bedding for pets etc but don't think they do that.

Ok,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Ton of sawdust is about €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Yep that's the one

vicwatson wrote: »
    If it's the one I'm thinking of then head out the road from New Ross towards Enniscorthy, turn left for Kilkenny and as you turn left to head across the bridge towards Kilkenny there is a sawmills on the right had side you cannot miss it, unless you are blind, and if you are then you shoudln't be driving :P

Advertisement