Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite/Least Favourite Topics in Maths?

• 17-01-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭

Just after seeing a discussion on this in the OT thread, and i was just wondering what peoples most and least liked topics are in maths? Paper 1 or Paper 2.

For me my least favourite would probably be probability, some of the questions are seriously confusing! Complex numbers runs it a close second.

Favourite would probably be co-ordinate geomety, very do-able imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Least favorite has to be Probability. Can NEVER get my head around it. But like you, complex numbers comes second. :)

Favorite is either the line and the circle or calculus/integration. I really enjoy those parts of the course! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Favourite: Calculus/Line and Circle/ Probability (I actually really like it :pac:)

Least favourite: Didn't enjoy Trig much. Statistics was straightforward but rather boring. I'll reserve judgement until we do them but I can't imagine geometry/area and volume being much craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I'm only a 5th year, so the worst is definitely yet to come, but I've covered Algebra, Line and Circle, Logs/Indices and half of Trig, and the Line and Trig are definately my favorites, I detest Algebra, and the Circle is ok, but the questions catch me out sometimes :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Least favourite is probability and integration (doesnt make sense to me)
    Favourite is trig or algebra
    However by favourite I meant the areas that are easiest for me. Overall I hate maths :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

Lads simultaneous equations all the way :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

My least favourite is probability, I just can't seem to work my way around it.

My favourites would be some aspects of algebra and simultaneous equations.

I hate maths so I chose the ones which are the easiest for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Trig is definitely the one I hate. I just can't figure out how to do it. I loose so many marks over it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan1234

I like trig, calculus and the co-ordinate geometry isn't too bad. Also like the general algebra questions :)
    I despise statistics and probability though. Not looking forward to sitting paper 2 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I hate the majority of it. I only like the financial parts, and statistics, as those are the only ones that make sense. Getting a C of some sort in OL will make me a happy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Love some bits of calculus, probability co-ord geom. etc. but hate when sin/cos/radians/unit circle comes into things... they have a habit of spoiling the entire course. Almost like asking for no ketchup in your burger so they scrape it off... the residue still ruins the rest of your meal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

3d shapes hurt my soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Trigonometry and Integration are probably my favourites. So easy to work out.

Least favourite has to be probability. It makes no sense whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Calculus would be favourite as I am Godly at it.

Geometry would be my least favourite as I am very human at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I enjoy the co ordinate geometry of the line and circle . I find it very interesting

My favourite part of applied maths is inclined plains , pulleys and wedges . There by far the easiest

Advertisement