Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are people basing their college choice on?

• 18-01-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

More than choice of subject - what is making you chose one college over another on CAO? What sort of information did you find, that's made your decision? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Interests mainly.

Also the university and course structure (BIS in UCC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Don't go to Sligo there's no beours there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

For some reason I just much prefer UCC to CIT, never liked CIT anytime I was there. So I'm hoping to get BIS in ucc rather than cit!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

What I want to do and where I want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

course structure mainly, its surprising how much the same course can vary in different places..but I like to look out for the student life/accommodation and the societies! you don't want to end up in a course you like and a college you hate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Don't go to Sligo there's no beours there.
    OIH!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Man They Couldnt

Jade. wrote: »
    For some reason I just much prefer UCC to CIT, never liked CIT anytime I was there. So I'm hoping to get BIS in ucc rather than cit!

I'm the same as you, CIT doesn't look anywhere near as good as UCC college wise and especially BIS wise...

Finger crossed we cross paths in UCC in a few months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm applying for the courses that are the highest points. Wouldn't be seen dead in anything less than 550.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Dave0301

That is the best approach to take. :rolleyes:

What happens if you get less than 550?

Dave0301 wrote: »
    That is the best approach to take. :rolleyes:

What happens if you get less than 550?

Look for somewhere to live after my family kick me out and then set my alarm for Thursday mornings, accepting the fact that my life is surely over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Dave0301

0mega wrote: »
    Look for somewhere to live after my family kick me out and then set my alarm for Thursday mornings, accepting the fact that my life is surely over.

Your family sound amazing!

There is no need to be dismissive about courses that are less than 550 points. If you approach your entire life the same idea that things are beneath you due to a ranking or prestige it doesn't meet it will limit your options in the long run.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Your family sound amazing!

There is no need to be dismissive about courses that are less than 550 points. If you approach your entire life the same idea that things are beneath you due to a ranking or prestige it doesn't meet it will limit your options in the long run.

I was joking. :p

I'm the same as you, CIT doesn't look anywhere near as good as UCC college wise and especially BIS wise...

Finger crossed we cross paths in UCC in a few months...
    It's the main thing motivating me to work at the moment. BIS in CIT isn't appealing to me at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Speaking from experience I'd stay well away from CIT

Speaking from experience I'd stay well away from CIT
    Really? Never took a liking to the place but now I definitely need to work for ucc I think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Really? Never took a liking to the place but now I definitely need to work for ucc I think

I could just as easily say UCC is a kip and not worth bothering with.

You have no idea whether toastedpickles even went there - their posting history would suggest they didn't.

Please don't base important decisions on random internet opinions.

Ah I know what you mean. I was just wondering if people actually felt the same about cit considering I have nothing to really base my dislike for it on apart from the open day. Whereas I've spent a lot of time in ucc through out the years.

Don't step within 10 miles of UCC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Harvard's shíte lads, speaking from experience here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Yeah I done a course there and it was just awful, the teachers just criticize everything you do, even if you do it right, the set up of the place is a failure in every sense of the word....I could go on but I'l spare you the horrors

• Advertisement
Advertisement