Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Internship 2013

Options
  • 18-01-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am searching for an internship placement this year during the summer months, I am currently studying Computing (third year). I have some basic abilities(Java, SQL etc) and I believe now would be a good time to begin my search with the winter downtime.

Could anyone suggest any companies with software development or similar placements? Or tips etc?

I realise these internships are difficult to come by as generally the student is gaining far more than the company in these cases, or so I've been told, but that doesn't mean I can't try...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Connolly91 wrote: »
    I realise these internships are difficult to come by as generally the student is gaining far more than the company in these cases, or so I've been told, but that doesn't mean I can't try...

There seems to be that perception. I find it's completely unfounded however.

What college is it may I ask, and where are you located/willing to travel to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Connolly91

I am in Institute of Technology Tallaght, which has no internship programme's currently unfortunately, so I'm searching for what I can find myself.

I am based in Clondalkin and I am willing to anywhere in Dublin and the outlying area's, such as Maynooth etc. While I don't have a car I am more than willing to travel some distance by other means such as train for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Where have you applied to?

IBM take on quite a few interns (or so I'm told from those working there). Especially those studying CS.

With regards to tips, apply everywhere you can think of.

Speak to your lecturers. I'm sure they'll be able to offer up some advice, and possible contacts.

Advertisement