Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

$hitty quotes or pictures of quotes on facebook like "No girl deserves to be just an option" or something equally vomit- inducing accompanied by a picture of clouds or rain or something pathetic like that.

Or some crappy "my children are my life" bull$hit words of wisdom. I LOVE children, and I don't mind photos being put up or people talking about their kids, I mean they ARE supposed to be their priority- but lay off with the "Repost this picture if the fun you have now is no longer clubbing and drinking, but bedtime stories and little voices saying I love you" (I actually saw this... bleugh).

Teenage girls and young mothers are the worst for this crap.

Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Everything on, and related to Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

People born and bred in Ireland using the word 'cheerio' :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

People using cutlery incorrectly...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

MrsD007 wrote: »

Who says this? I have never heard anyone say it on tv either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Anyone here tempted to do a couple of things on here., just to wind some random people up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Youd think that and yet my Internet browsing history begs to differ.
    Now you've got me thinking. I could take pics of her underwear and make money online out of this.:D Ahh but then I'd be the creepy neighbour:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

MrsD007 wrote: »

Terr-ah!

/Runs

Repetition. Especially at work. Every day, the same phrases and questions from the two usual suspects.

Repetition. Especially at work. Every day, the same phrases and questions from the two usual suspects.

*Gets gun*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GingerFire

People leaving their fog lights on when the fog is gone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Those kiddies trains in shopping centres why? Seriously why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Rebelkell wrote: »
    When your sitting in a pub watching a match and some clown walks in spots a buddy of theirs in the front seat and goes over and stands beside them blocking half the audience. Get the F*#k out of the way you ignorant sh1t!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That reminds me of when you're at a match and some bollox puts up a big umbrella, right in your eye line.

You're not going to melt, use a hood if you must, you twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's something that annoys me too. They can't be interchangeable.
    "Leave them in" to me reads "they're already inside, leave them in there".
    But sometimes people use it to mean "let them in". It makes no sense!
    Or "please leave me know". :confused:

There is a sign in the window of a car repair premises that I pass on a regular basis which requests 'Leave us check your oil'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

People who hold up signs at concerts.
    (1) The signs are usually not in the slightest bit original/funny (like, c'mon, enough of those "TRAVIS, I'M PREGNANT" signs at blink-182 concerts)
    (2) The signs are giant bits of paper blocking everyone else's eyeline :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

This
    240px-Troll_Face_small.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Hairs that come out of the brush when you're painting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

When people say "You won't believe the dream I had last night".
    I dread these words. I don't want to know about your dream, no interest!
    They then tell me about it. Its excruciating having to look interested. I boil inside and die a thousand deaths listening to the crazy dream story that has no relevance to me what so ever! So my prompt answer to "You won't believe the dream I had last night" will be to poo in my trousers and faint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

oterra wrote: »
    When people say "You won't believe the dream I had last night".
    I dread these words. I don't want to know about your dream, no interest!
    They then tell me about it. Its excruciating having to look interested. I boil inside and die a thousand deaths listening to the crazy dream story that has no relevance to me what so ever! So my prompt answer to "You won't believe the dream I had last night" will be to poo in my trousers and faint!

It depends - if it can be explained in three sentences or less and it really is weird/funny, go for it. If you're going to spend a full half hour giving me minute details of your dream about buying custard, however...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

All the commands in various programming languages that don't work the way they are meant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

coldsores :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

People short changing you when you lend them a few euro.

Was out the last night and a guy needed some euro coins and in exchange would give me some shrapnel for it. No bother, except he decided to build it up in 5 and 10 cent coins until it came to 70 cent, even though I gave him €2, to which he thickly said "yeah, that'll do. What more do you want??"

Sorry mate, I was unaware the currency rate varies substantially while in a bar.

Now this wouldn't bother me if it was anyone else with a normal response other than this guy, but he's so fecking tight with money it's unreal.
    And you know the thick response and dumbfounded look these tight arse people give you when it comes to fairing out the deal with money. Really does piss me off.

I won't be the eejit helping him out again or anyone else like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

rogieop wrote: »
    coldsores :mad:
    There's nothin trivial about herpes on your face...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

jessiejam wrote: »
    Airtricity sales people at my door every other week. Asking me do I want to save money, to which i reply "is it direct debit?".

They reply "yes but,"
    I say "no thanks"
    They reply "you mean you don't want to save money on your electricity?"

I reply, "fuk off".

Asking for cash back in a shop and not getting the cashback. Having to wait till the till is done the next morning waiting to see if their till balances. Its my money Its gone from my account and I have to wait 24hrs to get it. Fukin joke. Check the CCTV and you will know I didn't get the cash!
    I got woken up one morning by someone knocking on my door. When I answered it, the young fella there asked me if I was coming out for a game of football. :confused: is exactly how my face looked seeing as I was only home from work a couple of hours. turns out he was from Airtricity. Told him the same thing I tell everyone: "you'll have to talk to the owner of the house, he handles all the bills". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

When you turn off the shower and the cold shower curtain clings to you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

PinkFly wrote: »
    Those kiddies trains in shopping centres why? Seriously why?

Because kids enjoy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

When the missus sets the table and insists on putting my glass in front of the fork instead of the knife. It's just wrong, really grinds my gears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

IK09 wrote: »
    When the missus sets the table and insists on putting my glass in front of the fork instead of the knife. It's just wrong, really grinds my gears

Couldn't agree more, despicable behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

I have to close up at work at a certain time, I am not paid beyond that time. I hate that people don't care about that and insist on hanging on. I'm sure they think 'ah sure what's 5 minutes here and there' but I find this utterly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

AA roadwatch - useless waste of everybodys time and about as accurate as a blunderbuss.
    All soap operas - how can people be stupid enough to find these things entertaining? The mind boggles.

Forgot to say: for the toilet paper thing where the seems don't match up: unroll the upper layer on it's own and it will then match up.
    As for being thanked by people in cars that you've let pass: maybe they're from Italy, where this means fúck off? Isn't it also illegal here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mortarhate

People who absolutely wolf their lunch in about 60 seconds, then constantly ask you stuff that requires a reply while you try to eat your lunch. I know its a bit specific but there you go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement