Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭passremarkable

people who bang on about love/hate the whole time and heap praise on aiden gillen as if its his first role, and where did they get him..
    I try telling these people about the wire but get ignored, its frustrating that dont realise how good a show it is..and gillen is class as tommy carcetti...aaahhh watch the wire , love/hate not a patch on it..but love/hate is decent dont get me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

people who bang on about love/hate the whole time and heap praise on aiden gillen as if its his first role, and where did they get him..
    I try telling these people about the wire but get ignored, its frustrating that dont realise how good a show it is..and gillen is class as tommy carcetti...aaahhh watch the wire , love/hate not a patch on it..but love/hate is decent dont get me wrong

Except maybe The Wire.....

http://youtu.be/zIom3LSbB0I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Havent seen him in The Wire but Aidan Gillen is one of the worst actors in Love Hate. Maybe is just that he was miscast. He aint no hard man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

becost wrote: »
    Those people that stand at the back of the checkout with a charity box or bucket and offer to pack your bags. They're almost as bad as chuggers.

fcuking bugs the sh!t out of me as well...i will avoid them if i can....

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dammo

Can't remember if this has been mentioned: people passing GATSO vans at half the permissible speed.

You know the story, limit is 80, guy in front gets a flash that the van is ahead, immediately slows down to 40!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Dammo wrote: »
    Can't remember if this has been mentioned: people passing GATSO vans at half the permissible speed.

You know the story, limit is 80, guy in front gets a flash that the van is ahead, immediately slows down to 40!

it doesnt matter if it has been mentioned before...fcuk it...if it annoys...let it out man! i empathise!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

People who do the simplest things like holding open a door for somebody or not taking the 1c change in the shop and acting all high and mighty about it

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Said over and over again but Keep left, Pass right. Its such a simple concept but seems like most people on the motorways just can't get it into their incompetent brain and insist on doing 20 in the right lane while the queue behind them piles up. Does my head in on a daily basis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

kraggy wrote: »
    Havent seen him in The Wire but Aidan Gillen is one of the worst actors in Love Hate. Maybe is just that he was miscast. He aint no hard man.

Not the worst actor but I think he was miscast also. He is great in everything else I have seen him in but he was miscast in love hate. Did not find him menacing or ruthless at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

PA systems. I've been rudely awakened this morning by the local football club's PA system blasting out 'we're all part of Jackies army':confused: WTF it's been a fricking long time since Jackie had an army. Looks like they're having a junior kids open day. Since when is it obligatory to have a fricking PA system in a field? This is why I never give them money when they're bag packing. Hands out for donations in the supermarket but they're able to afford a PA system to blast the neighbourhood out of it, no doubt this will be going on for most of the day:mad: Urge to kill rising:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

PA systems. I've been rudely awakened this morning by the local football club's PA system blasting out 'we're all part of Jackies army':confused: WTF it's been a fricking long time since Jackie had an army. Looks like they're having a junior kids open day. Since when is it obligatory to have a fricking PA system in a field? This is why I never give them money when they're bag packing. Hands out for donations in the supermarket but they're able to afford a PA system to blast the neighbourhood out of it, no doubt this will be going on for most of the day:mad: Urge to kill rising:P
    I feel your pain, the local stadium blares out Bill Conti -Gonna Fly Now (the Rocky tune) everytime they have something on, irritates the hell out of me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The scratchy sorta noise when you're scrubbing a pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Raic

1ZRed wrote: »
    People who say 'me' instead of 'my'. Makes my skin crawl. It's worse then again when some eejit that's not even from Dublin starts picking it up and using it. It just sounds rough to me.

Seriously, how hard is it to say 'my'?
    They are saying "my", just a more traditional pronunciation. The word "my" was originally pronounced closer to "me" than the current sound and some dialects retain this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

When someone on boards is replying to a new thread and the first few replies are posters quoting the OP. it's really annoying when the OP is really long so and their reply is only 1 sentence long so you scrol down half the page seeing the OP 4 or 5 times.

Why do people do that? It's pretty obvious the first page at least is a direct reply to the OP.

Bunch of Gowls, Joe, bunch of Gowls.
    They have me in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who say 'happy out' What is that even about? I heard a grown man use it today and it just sounds like a real bogger, hick thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

riclad wrote: »
    Get a fly strip , hang it up,cost 2 - 3 euro.
    i do,nt like men who go around with no teeshirt, top when we get good weather.

if you are not on a beach ,wear a tee shirt.
    Most irish don,t know how to dress in good weather.

Well I'm from Scotland so I'm safe to walk around with no top on :p

poxy house alarms going off every hour, same bleeding house too:mad:

( thank you for this opportunity)

oh and raisins in Bran fibre, bran flakes, etc. Who the hell wants raisins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't understand Johnson's baby powder ads where it shows the arse of a baby just lying there and you have the mother running her finger down the outline of the baby's backside.

I don't know why but it just creeps me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

gamercfc wrote: »
    I don't understand Johnson's baby powder ads where it shows the arse of a baby just lying there and you have the mother running her finger down the outline of the baby's backside.

I don't know why but it just creeps me out.

I never understood that either. Who the **** caresses a babies ass?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

When people say "ass" instead of "arse". It applies to writing aswell. You're not on an episode of friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Religious groups harassing you on the street or at your front door. I would rather not talk about 'Jesus Christ' thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

People that say "Me Ma" or "Me Da" instead of my mother/mum or my father/dad. Commonly used by inbred Dubliners. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

becost wrote: »
    People that say "Me Ma" or "Me Da" instead of my mother/mum or my father/dad. Commonly used by inbred Dubliners. :D

Also smelly Bog warriors who say mammy and daddy like they're 5 years old! feckers.

ALSO, it's Mam in the Republic of Ireland as far as I'm concerned, people who say mum can also kindly feck off!!!

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Also smelly Bog warriors who say mammy and daddy like they're 5 years old! feckers.

Oops. Hehe. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

People who say im (numbers) years young

You are not getting younger you are getting older

Deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

ALSO, it's Mam in the Republic of Ireland as far as I'm concerned people who say mum can also kindly feck off!!!

This is a very individual annoyance, but it doesn't bother me at all the whole ma/mam/mum, hell even mummy dearest gets a pass, BUT, what actually DOES annoy me is people that call their parents by their first names! It just strikes me as an uncomfortable level of familiarity that blurs the lines of parental authority. They are your parents, not your mates.

Plenty of her relations too don't understand why 16 years later I refer to my wife's parents as Mr. or Mrs. <parent's surname>. For me it's about respect. I'm not their friend either, I'm their son in law and they are my parents in law. They've never expressed an issue with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

ALSO, it's Mam in the Republic of Ireland as far as I'm concerned people who say mum can also kindly feck off!!!

Every young person I know says Mom. Mam is just as boggerish as Mammy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The only "mom" people I know are D4 roish US accent people. It's mam, not mom or mum unless you are not from Ireland.

Mom sounds so American! It's 'Mammy' for me all the way. :) I need to keep in touch with my bog roots. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Americanisms and their influence on young people. Reminds me of one child I know that has a fierce Texan drawl from watching "Bear in the Big Blue House"!

Even my wife when our child used to watch Barney and I would ask her turn off that shìte she would say to me "Why? Are you afraid it might turn our son gay?", I said "No, I'm afraid it might turn him into a gibbering fcuking idiot!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement