Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I tend to grow quite peaceful and relaxed when Ive had a few so Im afraid a more sedate solution hit me first:o
    DSC_0048_zps585d5b81.jpg
    Crisis averted, looking forward to Lee Evans Roadrunner now!

Have you not put yourself through enough hardship already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Have you not put yourself through enough hardship already.

LOL:D
    I dunno why but when he slowed down and lost that.... urgency, I found myself enjoying him immensely. I wont deny my serious outnumberment though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    When as a pedestrian standing at traffic lights, having pushed the button and the little red light being on, someone comes up and proceeds to push it a further 5-6 times. To anyone who does this - this does NOT make the lights change faster.

Ha i always do this and the same with elevator buttons:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I tend to grow quite peaceful and relaxed when Ive had a few so Im afraid a more sedate solution hit me first:o

I was about to say "Damn, that's actually quite clever!", until I realised, that better not be pear cider you're drinking or I hope you kept a spare straw for the other end! :pac:

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I was about to say "Damn, that's actually quite clever!", until I realised, that better not be pear cider you're drinking or I hope you kept a spare straw for the other end! :pac:

Ha ha ha ha no its apple!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Posters on boards signing off posts with Regards

I see a few hundred of these emails a day in my office drone job

I don't want to see any more on boards. I check your username and know who I'm replying to!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When the roach sticks to your lips and gets pulled out of the spliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

ScumLord wrote: »
    When the roach sticks to your lips and gets pulled out of the spliff.

Then you lick your lips and end up getting the end soggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When a bus or lorry comes up beside you and you get a big blast of hot exhaust fumes right in your face. Yarghh! Doubly bad in this heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

The most trival annoying thing is this!

Why he exists I've no idea.

Also what else is trival is how can I not attach pictures and embed them in my posts anymore.

This world makes no sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Screw top milk cartons are the pits. You know the one with that you need to pull the plastic inner lid off in a circular motion. The little plastic bit usually breaks off in my hand or else you pull it so hard that the milk spills all over the place.

They truly are the work of the Devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

An unusual one, people who compare sport to battles and call athletes warriors, i don't see many be-headings in a football or rugby pitch, i like sport but it is not war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really hate inconsiderate people. My ars*hole neighbour is renting a room to a buddy and said buddy seems to be deaf, or at least needs to have the tv volume on full in his bedroom. The noise travels down the chimney breast and I've to turn my own tv up louder. Oh well, I guess I'll have to turn the volume up at around 1am, just to return the favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

sky news right now.....

keano2012 wrote: »
    sky news right now.....

World news my arse :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

World news my arse :rolleyes:

between that the cricket, your man winning the tour the france and now this.....just gona turn off my tv for the next 3 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

An unusual one, people who compare sport to battles and call athletes warriors, i don't see many be-headings in a football or rugby pitch, i like sport but it is not war.

Have a read...

http://www.thejournal.ie/referee-beheaded-quartered-brazil-984318-Jul2013/

And people who say football isn't like war:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

People updating their statuses on facebook, why?

I don't care most of the time but one type of status really annoys me.

People going on working holiday visas and J1, they're only 5 minutes of the plane and they update their location as 'living in California, Miami, Sydney or Perth'. 'Oh look, im so fcuking great'.

No you're on holidays you eejit.

Why are they dying to update their status and let people know they have gotten out of Ballybunion.

Are they embarrassed to be from where they are from?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

People going on working holiday visas and J1, they're only 5 minutes of the plane and they update their location as 'living in California, Miami, Sydney or Perth'. 'Oh look, im so fcuking great'.

Why are they dying to update their status and let people know they have gotten out of Ballybunion.

Well if I was from Kerry I would be too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

humbert wrote: »
    Subvocalisation, once I became aware of it it started to annoy me. Now I count in my head while reading to try and stop but it still hasn't completely gone away.

Youve ruined this thead for me. Id started away, was fine them bam!! All I can do now is hear myself talking in my head. Stupid subvocalisation...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I know a guy who actually updated his status saying, "just about to carry (new wife's name) over the threshold" - like he actually stopped mid carrying overthe threshold to say that! wtf? I'd be like, "put me down I'll fuucking walk myself. You shudda just married your phone you pathetic sap"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I know a guy who actually updated his status saying, "just about to carry (new wife's name) over the threshold" - like he actually stopped mid carrying overthe threshold to say that! wtf? I'd be like, "put me down I'll fuucking walk myself. You shudda just married your phone you pathetic sap"

He is probably one of those people who updated his status when the priest said "I now pronounce you man and wife"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Anything my new housemate does. I wouldnt have minded these things at the start or now and again but it has been weeks and they are constant.

Takes my toilet roll from my en suite (goes through about a roll a week) so today I sat down to do my business and when finished I look over to see I cant wipe my ass.

Decided that she wants to stay in one of the spare rooms I used to store stuff at 12 in the night. I thought ok, a bit annoying but I'll just clear out some stuff. She wanted to borrow my girlfriends duvet then too.

I had a few boxes of computer parts in the spare room, there are now boxes and computer parts all over the room while her stuff is everywhere in both. I dont even know how, its as if she produced more stuff out of thin air.

Caused the disappearance of half my cheesecake.

Keeps her rubbish beside the bin.

Uses the dishes I cleaned and then puts them on the pile of her used dishes.

Thought that she should put the spare dishes the landlord brought down to sort out when I leave into the kitchen to be in the way.

Put my washing outside and left it there over night lying against a hedge so I found 2 spiders, 2 slugs and a woodlouse in it.

Emptied the living room into the garden when it was sunny. I wouldnt have minded a chair or 2 but there was 6 chairs, a mattress and a table.

Takes my bike.

Decided that me showing her where to get broadband wasnt enough, I have to find out different price plans and pick one out for her.

Always wants to use my computer for 1 minute and then half and hour later she is done on facebook.

Broke a window and sofa.

Takes my books for me only to find out when I see her with them or lying somewhere else in the house.

Most of these I wouldnt care about but everything together makes me hate coming home in case she is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How do you tolerate any of that? Id go ballistic if someone touched my bike or computer or went into my room when I wasn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Slow people who waddle at their own leisurely pace, often two a side, blocking the entire footpath so you're forced to slow down to their snail pace until you can eventually overtake the fucks.

Irritating enough that you're slow but that's fine so long as your dimwit mate isn't right beside you at the same pace preventing the rest of us from passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you tolerate any of that? Id go ballistic if someone touched my bike or computer or went into my room when I wasn't there.

Looking at daft.ie helps. Only 2-3 weeks left...

Went into her new room to clear out my things. All the driver CDs and booklets for the computer parts are on the floor in a neat little presentation. I really dont know what to think anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Aglomerado wrote: »
    He is probably one of those people who updated his status when the priest said "I now pronounce you man and wife"...
    'just found my wife in bed with the milkman' :pac:

Anything my new housemate does. I wouldnt have minded these things at the start or now and again but it has been weeks and they are constant.

Most of these I wouldnt care about but everything together makes me hate coming home in case she is there.

Whether you're leaving soon or not - you shouldn't be putting up with that!

Lock your room, keep all your stuff in there. Including your toilet roll. She wants broadband advice? Say no. Wants a go on your computer? Say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Some kid called dano just beat seven shades out of the bus stop then starts twirling his top around his head :confused: wild man; wiiiild..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Takes my toilet roll from my en suite (goes through about a roll a week) so today I sat down to do my business and when finished I look over to see I cant wipe my ass.

what did you do??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement