Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

having to be nice and friendly to everyone in the office. even worse having to listen to other people laugh at the boss' stupid jokes....so fake. why cant we just be normal in the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

ITS getting ridiculous ,every 2 weeks ,someone calls around after 6pm,
    do you want to change over broadband,esb,gas etc
    i presume they are paid on a comission,
    I HAVE to spend 3minutes telling them ,i won,t switch over.
    Could i get a sign, i,m happy with all my providers,i ,ll switch when hell freezes over,OK.

if you ever shared a house,
    There,s always one stupid,lazy flatmate who never does any cleaning ,
    and never takes your milk ,coffee etc
    or cooks a large meal,
    and FORGETS , to clean the plates ,frying pan,spoons etc
    OR trys to have his girlfriend over or 3 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Today:

I had often heard that a certain country bans particular websites. Seeing is believing. The country I'm currently in refuses to allow me to use either Google Maps or Google Streetview, both of which would be incredibly useful for me because I know places and areas but not names and Streetview in particular would allow me to find out exactly what I need. It also refuses to allow me use Youtube, even to watch a simple documentary on how to do things like put a homepage button on Google Chrome for this IPad (that button was added no bother on the laptop in Ireland). Ireland's not so bad!

Apple Safari sucks big time, too, especially not being able to use its URL bar as a search engine a la Chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

riclad wrote: »

or cooks a large meal,

What's wrong with having the girlfriend over 3 nights a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

What's wrong with having the girlfriend over 3 nights a week?

The loud sex they have drowns out the sound of him sobbing while masturbating alone in the dark corner of his bedroom. He can't be having that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Today:

I had often heard that a certain country bans particular websites. Seeing is believing. The country I'm currently in refuses to allow me to use either Google Maps or Google Streetview, both of which would be incredibly useful for me because I know places and areas but not names and Streetview in particular would allow me to find out exactly what I need. It also refuses to allow me use Youtube, even to watch a simple documentary on how to do things like put a homepage button on Google Chrome for this IPad (that button was added no bother on the laptop in Ireland). Ireland's not so bad!

Apple Safari sucks big time, too, especially not being able to use its URL bar as a search engine a la Chrome.

I don't know how technically minded you are, but China would be one of those countries where the Government block websites on a whim. You can get around this if using proxies, or, if you have access to a VPN for your company e-mail, you could use that method.

1ZRed wrote: »
    The loud sex they have drowns out the sound of him sobbing while masturbating alone in the dark corner of his bedroom. He can't be having that

He described my ex in that entire paragraph. I'm just wondering if his housemates were annoyed that I was there so much.

We all get on well, drink together, stay up late playing games...now I'm paranoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

riclad wrote: »
    ITS getting ridiculous ,every 2 weeks ,someone calls around after 6pm,
    do you want to change over broadband,esb,gas etc
    i presume they are paid on a comission,
    I HAVE to spend 3minutes telling them ,i won,t switch over.
    Could i get a sign, i,m happy with all my providers,i ,ll switch when hell freezes over,OK.

or cooks a large meal,
    He described my ex in that entire paragraph. I'm just wondering if his housemates were annoyed that I was there so much.

We all get on well, drink together, stay up late playing games...now I'm paranoid!
    And you never even had the common courtesy to take his milk or coffee? He's very upset about that btw, the poor lad is inconsolable.

What a scummy way to treat someone, you should feel paranoid!

And you never even had the common courtesy to take his milk or coffee? He's very upset about that btw.

What a scummy way to treat someone, you should feel paranoid!

I took his milk and coffee numerous times. I'm willing to bet my ex never replaced it.

Sabotaged me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I've been doing it wrong for years, I thought I was meant to do it in my bed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I woke up at 5am this morning to the sound of birds chirping. They continued to chirp their chirp all through the morning. I now want to kill myself I'm that tired. Birds, what are you doing? Birds, STOP! I get really irrationally angry, especially when it's hot and sweaty and I have to close the window to blank out their f*cking chirps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm intrigued. Tell me more about these late night games…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

One day I WILL remember to do up the zip on my pants before I leave the house! :(

Every, frickin', morning! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Czarcasm wrote: »
    One day I WILL remember to do up the zip on my pants before I leave the house! :(

Every, frickin', morning! :mad:

The defendant may now step down.

I'm intrigued. Tell me more about these late night games…

Clag and pictionary, not that exciting :P

I had not heard of clag so I looked it up and the urban dictionary tells me:
    clag
    when arse hair gets matted together with sh¡t when you don't wipe your bottom properly.
    i had to soak the clag in the bath before i could pull it off
    (it was still painful though)

I'm traumatised thinking how this fits into games activity…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Or when two of the hairs get knotted together at the end :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I had not heard of clag so I looked it up and the urban dictionary tells me:

Hmmm. Newton's Cradle type things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

You see it in threads the odd time, how some people refer to the collective population of After Hours - AHers.

I actually say it in my head, After Hoursers, hurts my brain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Moar clags:

This invention says it all:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Easy. You use the clag to create a Pictionary clue.

Easy. You use the clag to create a Pictionary clue.

Pooptionary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

the acronym YOLO

Jesus lads, its a card game :o though your suggestions are infinitely more exciting.

the acronym YOLO

Young Ones Love Oral?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Young Ones Love Oral?

Similar to the actual meaning.

You Only Live Once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Whether you're leaving soon or not - you shouldn't be putting up with that!

Lock your room, keep all your stuff in there. Including your toilet roll. She wants broadband advice? Say no. Wants a go on your computer? Say no.

I lock my room now. Also working late is great too. I'll use the extra time worked to get a day off
    Anything my new housemate does. I wouldnt have minded these things at the start or now and again but it has been weeks and they are constant.

Takes my toilet roll from my en suite (goes through about a roll a week) so today I sat down to do my business and when finished I look over to see I cant wipe my ass.

what did you do??

I waddle out of the toilet with my trousers around my ankle until I found a piece of kitchen roll I had from when I had maple syrup in the room for pancakes. Otherwise I would of been ******

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I waddle out of the toilet with my trousers around my ankle until I found a piece of kitchen roll I had from when I had maple syrup in the room for pancakes. Otherwise I would of been ******

The old "Trouble Shuffle" we've all been there. :(

I hate grown assed women putting on a teenagers/childs girly voice.

Not cute ladies.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate people who chew with their mouths open. Especially when they're walking down the street doing it, and you see a gaping mouth full of masticated food coming at you. I mean for Christ's sake, how can these people make it past childhood without learning to eat properly, it's disgusting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement