Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I can't stand the Angelus bells on the news. They do my head in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Jake1 wrote: »
    I hate grown assed women putting on a teenagers/childs girly voice.

Not cute ladies.:rolleyes:

Is it just their asses that are grown up? Maybe their voices are still that of a child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

young ones going around with an american accent after their stint on J1 surrounded by irish. u can not develop an accent that quickly and anyway you spent your summer around irish- where da fcuk did the accent come from. Just stop it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

I hate the eyes-rolled-back emoticon on here.

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the comment its used with, its makes me so irrationally angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

simonmln wrote: »

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the comment its used with, its makes me so irrationally angry.

Absolutely agree it's a favorite emote of people who post snide sarcastic comments and has unfortunately gained the same negative association as them. I hate that blue little sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

simonmln wrote: »

FFS :rolleyes:

Actually, there's way too few emoticons on here. Always looking for different ones. That's a trivial thing that annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I can't take it anymore...there's a street I drive through every morning on the way to work.

People insist on stopping and parallel parking at the beginning of the street usually into a tight space between two cars making everyone else stop and wait.

What bugs the bollix out of me is that a few yards further on there are no cars parked and you could just drive straight in and park up by the kerb as easy as you like with no need for any manouvering.

It seems these extra 20 yards are too much to ask and people insist on parking as close as possible to where they are going even though they'll take longer to park than walk the extra 10 steps. Morons.

gramar wrote: »
    What bugs the bollix out of me is that a few yards further on there are no cars parked and you could just drive straight in and park up by the kerb as easy as you like with no need for any manouvering.

It seems these extra 20 yards are too much to ask and people insist on parking as close as possible to where they are going even though they'll take longer to park than walk the extra 10 steps. Morons.

I had a customer come in to me last week and say "I needed to come in to you yesterday but when I drove down there wasn't a single parking space in the whole town!". I was also in work the day before that, and I guarantee you there were plenty of parking spaces in the town, or even just around the corner from the store, but when the ten or so spaces directly outside are full people suddenly feel some sort of great injustice.

One particular pet peeve, which is NOT trivial, is when people can't be bothered to find a parking space around the corner so they come into me, splutter their demands and then say "can you make it quick, I'm double parked out there". I'm pretty sure I've said this twice over the course of this thread, but DOUBLE PARKING - i.e. you've parked in the middle of the feckin' road because you're too lazy to walk 30 seconds from a parking space around the corner. It's just the most bizarre behaviour I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I had a customer come in to me last week and say "I needed to come in to you yesterday but when I drove down there wasn't a single parking space in the whole town!". I was also in work the day before that, and I guarantee you there were plenty of parking spaces in the town, or even just around the corner from the store, but when the ten or so spaces directly outside are full people suddenly feel some sort of great injustice.

One particular pet peeve, which is NOT trivial, is when people can't be bothered to find a parking space around the corner so they come into me, splutter their demands and then say "can you make it quick, I'm double parked out there". I'm pretty sure I've said this twice over the course of this thread, but DOUBLE PARKING - i.e. you've parked in the middle of the feckin' road because you're too lazy to walk 30 seconds from a parking space around the corner. It's just the most bizarre behaviour I've ever seen.

Hate being hassled like that. My usual answer to "will it be long?" is a blank stare followed by a curt, "no" and back to what I'm doing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Hate being hassled like that. My usual answer to "will it be long?" is a blank stare followed by a curt, "no" and back to what I'm doing :D

haha..did you give them a little cough in the face like that bird in Little Britain?

Double parkers arrrghhhhhh.....some people here double park in front of available parking spaces!!! There are times I've had to get out and push the other car out of the way so I could park my own!

Worst I saw was a car double parked blocking in another. Usually the owned of the blocked in car just pushes the other as handbrakes are left off for this very purpose.

This time though the woman beeped for about two minutes until a fella came out of the bar and moved his car about 3 yards. She drive out and he left his car double parked even though he now had a parking space and went back into the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

My other half never answering her phone. She'd text, I'd ring her straight back, no reply. It's a f#@king MOBILE phone, the clue is in the name.

Actually my mother is as bad, same thing. Or on Skype, call quality would be bad, so you'd say I'll ring you straight back, kil the call and ring straight back, no answer for 3 or 4 minutes.

Does my head in.

PauloMN wrote: »
    FFS :rolleyes:

Actually, there's way too few emoticons on here. Always looking for different ones. That's a trivial thing that annoys me.

I consider it a bad day when I can't find an emoticon to summarise how I feel.

My other half never answering her phone. She'd text, I'd ring her straight back, no reply. It's a f#@king MOBILE phone, the clue is in the name.

Actually my mother is as bad, same thing. Or on Skype, call quality would be bad, so you'd say I'll ring you straight back, kil the call and ring straight back, no answer for 3 or 4 minutes.

Does my head in.

Or when a call is cut off so you try ringing them back, but the line is busy because they are clearly calling you back. You try again, as do they. Then you both decide at the same time to wait and let the other one get through...except that means nobody calls. So then after a while you try again...at the same time as them...line busy.......Feels blood pressure rising! It's sort of like the mobile phone equivalent of trying to pass someone on the path and both moving to the same side to avoid each other, then back. You could actually spend your entire life doing it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

People posting a new thread and asking a question or whatever.
    Then the replies come flooding in and quoting the OP.

It bugs the life out of me when the OP is a fairly long post and you have to scroll down through all these quoted posts.

Whyyy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Charlie19 wrote: »
    People posting a new thread and asking a question or whatever.
    Then the replies come flooding in and quoting the OP.

It bugs the life out of me when the OP is a fairly long post and you have to scroll down through all these quoted posts.

Whyyy?

In the same vein.

When the OP has a problem that you have and you see their post has 3 or 4 replies and they are ALL "Same problem here" or "Plz answer having same problem"

The OP did not ask for your problems they asked for an answer to their own and posting that you have a problem helps precisely nobody :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you drop your phone in the bath is one thing, when it takes a nose dive from your shirt pocket into the toilet bowl... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Czarcasm wrote: »
    When you drop your phone in the bath is one thing, when it takes a nose dive from your shirt pocket into the toilet bowl... :(

That's nothing, my sis had a really expensive camera phone back when they weren't commonplace. Fell off her lap and straight into a cup of tea sitting on the floor below. completely ruined it. Talk about unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

elfy4eva wrote: »
    That's nothing, my sis had a really expensive camera phone back when they weren't commonplace. Fell off her lap and straight into a cup of tea sitting on the floor below. completely ruined it. Talk about unlucky.

Aye, luckily it wasn't this one (One for personal use, one for work), it was the phone my wife calls me on that took a nose dive, I can live without it for a few days :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Or when a call is cut off so you try ringing them back, but the line is busy because they are clearly calling you back. You try again, as do they. Then you both decide at the same time to wait and let the other one get through...except that means nobody calls. So then after a while you try again...at the same time as them...line busy.......Feels blood pressure rising! It's sort of like the mobile phone equivalent of trying to pass someone on the path and both moving to the same side to avoid each other, then back. You could actually spend your entire life doing it. :o

I work on the "he who called first" theory- dropped calls for whatever reason(even the recepitent's signal loss) the instigator makes the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

When people try to indicate an elongated word when typing but use the wrong set of vowels and totally distort the sound without realising it.

Example - the word 'nice'. To elongate this we would repeat the 'i'...

Niiiiiice

But peope also elongate the 'e' to completely wrong effect...

Niiiiiceeeeee

This reads as the two-syllable word 'Nicey' elongated.

Yes it's trivial but it also annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Slow walkers... i will run you over bro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"bro".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

maximoose wrote: »
    "bro".

Brah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

jugger0 wrote: »
    Brah?

Homeslice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

jugger0 wrote: »
    Brah?

Knickers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

maguic24 wrote: »
    Knickers?

Knockers?

Had a similar one, but it might get me banned....
    Crackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brown nosers giving Thanks to a post just because a mod wrote it. Fair enough if its a good post or whatever but there are some that just reek of those dispicable teacher's pets back at school trying to lick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Peoples commitment to being outraged.

When a post is obviously written tongue in cheek in AH for the amusement for all, there is always a handful of begrudgers and naysayers who take 'offence' to it.

Lighten up FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

People who double post

• Advertisement

People who ask to speak to "someone in the company who makes decisions"

:confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement