Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who ask to speak to "someone in the company who makes decisions"

:confused::confused:

Deserving of a response like this: "I decided to go to the toilet at 10.55 instead of 11.05 this morning because I'd had too much coffee to drink. Will that do?"

Gimps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Heh - I work with some people who make decisions all the time, such as whether to breathe in or out that particular second. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Deserving of a response like this: "I decided to go to the toilet at 10.55 instead of 11.05 this morning because I'd had too much coffee to drink. Will that do?"

Gimps

Exactly. I'm torn between the follwoing two replies:

"I decided to wear my dark grey granny pants today because I'm too fuucking lazy to wash my clothes"

or

"I'm sorry, we dont have anybody here who fits that description"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Stuff like this used to kill me when I worked in the hospitality sector. Thankfully I don't have to endure ****e like that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Czarcasm wrote: »
    When you drop your phone in the bath is one thing, when it takes a nose dive from your shirt pocket into the toilet bowl... :(
    elfy4eva wrote: »
    That's nothing, my sis had a really expensive camera phone back when they weren't commonplace. Fell off her lap and straight into a cup of tea sitting on the floor below. completely ruined it. Talk about unlucky.

I had an old Sony Walkman phone in 2007 which dropped out of my top pocket while working on a crane about 20-30 metres in the air. It feel to the steel yard below missing everything and bouncing in the mud. Still worked after digging the muck out of the ports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jugger0 wrote: »
    Slow walkers... i will run you over bro

Meanderthals are the worst. The lethal combination of slow walking and unpredictable swerving. For examples, see Grafton Street, Henry Street, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Meanderthals are the worst. The lethal combination of slow walking and unpredictable swerving. For examples, see Grafton Street, Henry Street, etc.

Ooooh, nice word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

why does yahoo mail make it more awkward to delete spam mail than it does your average inbox mail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Stuff like this used to kill me when I worked in the hospitality sector. Thankfully I don't have to endure ****e like that anymore.

The reason that they ask to speak to "someone who makes decisions" is so that they don't stupidly blame someone who was following orders and is on the frontline. I see no problem with asking for a manager when needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

When your the only person in a common area in work, such as a small kitchen or printing room, & someone walks in & stands directly behind you or beside you, but doesnt utter a word. You know they're there, they know you know they're there, & there is an uncomfortable silence entirely of their making. You can either endure it, or else stop what your doing & look around & acknowledge them.

Totally trivial, but infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The reason that they ask to speak to "someone who makes decisions" is so that they don't stupidly blame someone who was following orders and is on the frontline. I see no problem with asking for a manager when needs be.

No problem asking to speak to a manager. It's the "someone who makes decisions" ****e.

No problem asking to speak to a manager. It's the "someone who makes decisions" ****e.

In my experience, the ones who instantly demand to speak to a manager are very rarely successful. They are the "it's a disgrace Joe" types :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

In my experience, the ones who instantly demand to speak to a manager are very rarely successful. They are the "it's a disgrace Joe" types :D

Or people who think they automatically have the right to speak to a manager, not even a supervisor, over something completely trivial. No I'm not putting you onto one of the managing directors because you don't like the hold music, go away you mouth breathing cretin.

krudler wrote: »
    Or people who think they automatically have the right to speak to a manager, not even a supervisor, over something completely trivial. No I'm not putting you onto one of the managing directors because you don't like the hold music, go away you mouth breathing cretin.

or people who think that threatening you with Joe Duffy is actually....a threat :(

Joe, the last resort and megaphone for the great unwashed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Trivial things that annoy me? People putting down every single caller who ever raised an issue with Joe Duffy.

Birds keep sh!tting on my Jaguar. Last time I go out with the dirty little wagons...

newmug wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy me? People putting down every single caller who ever raised an issue with Joe Duffy.

Ah but the majority if them are just people who never read t&cs, or "know their rights". People use him as if retail staff should be quaking in their boots at the mere mention of his name. You may as well tell me you'll have me licked to death by kittens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

jimgoose wrote: »
    Birds keep sh!tting on my Jaguar. Last time I go out with the dirty little wagons...

Took me a minute... :pac:

Ah but the majority if them are just people who never read t&cs, or "know their rights". People use him as if retail staff should be quaking in their boots at the mere mention of his name. You may as well tell me you'll have me licked to death by kittens.

Here, have a play with this, it's great crack:

http://clamnuts.com/joe-duffy-soundboard-2/

True. As if he has authority on anything. You might as well tell me you're gonna call Ghostbusters. He's like...tesco value legal aid :D

• Advertisement

"But Joe, I never asked about it, or read the manual or contract. but, but...it's a disgrayus!" He feeds the notion that customers are always right, which anyone who does or has ever worked in retail will tell you is utter nonsense. And companies are worse for spoonfeeding people and giving them what they want for an easy life instead of pushing back on people when they make a balls of something themselves.

Standing in the queue in the bank, "What IS that girl staring at? Oh shìt, I left my zip down again!"...

Nope, zip was ok, but trailing down the crotch of my black pants was a trail of frickin' parsley sauce from the bacon and cabbage dinner I'd had for lunch earlier! :mad:

Fcuking beautiful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Standing in the queue in the bank, "What IS that girl staring at? Oh shìt, I left my zip down again!"...

Nope, zip was ok, but trailing down the crotch of my black pants was a trail of frickin' parsley sauce from the bacon and cabbage dinner I'd had for lunch earlier! :mad:

Fcuking beautiful :(

That sounds too much like a comedy sketch to be true.

That sounds too much like a comedy sketch to be true.

I'd to use my spit to get it off... then I just left the bank when I realised how bad THAT looked! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I'm on an intercity Bus right now and a family
    just got on and are tucking into corned beef
    and/or Paté sandwiches. They f*cking reek. If you're going
    to bring your own food on a bus please have
    consideration for others and use non-smelly meats...

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I'm on an intercity Bus right now and a family
    just got on and are tucking into corned beef
    and/or Paté sandwiches. They f*cking reek. If you're going
    to bring your own food on a bus please have
    consideration for others and use non-smelly meats...

How in the name of god does anyone eat that, I presume it was duck pate? Corned beef is grand with lashings of brown sauce, but not when it's gone off :pac:

i remember I was working before with a Polish chap who was built like a brick shìthouse, so I never had the nerve to tell him take his lunchbox full of protein bombs and go sit somewhere else (one of those 1kg margarine tubs with about 20 boiled and peeled eggs in it), Jesus the waft when he'd open it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

How in the name of god does anyone eat that, I presume it was duck pate? Corned beef is grand with lashings of brown sauce, but not when it's gone off :pac:

i remember I was working before with a Polish chap who was built like a brick shìthouse, so I never had the nerve to tell him take his lunchbox full of protein bombs and go sit somewhere else (one of those 1kg margarine tubs with about 20 boiled and peeled eggs in it), Jesus the waft when he'd open it :pac:

They are eastern european (cant tell where from). Not really too sure what the meat was (smell reminded me of paté or corned beef). I do see a lot of tinned meats on the polish aisle in tesco could be one of them whatever it is it smells like B.O. and it's an enclosed space! feckers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

When housemates put bottles into the bin without taking the cap off, leaving them fully inflated and incapable of flattening
    ffs it takes up like 5-6 times the amount of space meaning the bin will be changed sooner meaning I'll be changing the bin sooner :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Men that stand at the side of a buggy and push it with one hand cos they're too manly to stand behind it and push it with two hands!!! Wtf is that about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

football jerseys with jeans, it proper infuriates me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement