Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I dont "count calories". I think theres,more to be concerned about but I wont deny that they are,a good idea. I dont drink a litre of 7up a day for example. But the way they sneak around showing their contents of fats, sugars etc is grating a little. Take this for example;
    DSC_0049_zps8606d7e6.jpg
    Ill still bloody eat it. So why the **** should calorie conscious people have to bring calculators to their shops when buying food!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Pink GAA jerseys you see women wearing at football matches. I thought the idea of a jersey was to wear your county colours and show your support, but these neon pink jerseys all look the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

People calling around for a visit when im hungover.
    Make your own f*cking Coffee. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Pink GAA jerseys you see women wearing at football matches. I thought the idea of a jersey was to wear your county colours and show your support, but these neon pink jerseys all look the same!

Is it not a breast cancer thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Thank God someone gave me a reason. It was driving me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nope, it's simply a marketing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Don't think so. AFAIK the pink was something O'Neills came up with to appeal to women/girls. Gaagle they called it :rolleyes:

I ****ing knew it and I hate it. Its not trivial its your county colours. We wear blue not pink :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

House parties, fecking house parties bug the hell out of me. There was one next door, one across the street at the back of our house and 2 across the street at the front last night, it was like a fricking epidemic. I really and truly wish that people would fcuk right off to bed when they come home from nightclubs at 2 or 3am. Nobody wants to listen to loud drunks, oh and C your girlfriend is a cnut. They say there's no fool like an old fool, you are way too young to be such a fricking idiot. But hey, you deserve each other:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

When people try to indicate an elongated word when typing but use the wrong set of vowels and totally distort the sound without realising it.

Example - the word 'nice'. To elongate this we would repeat the 'i'...

Niiiiiice

But peope also elongate the 'e' to completely wrong effect...

Niiiiiceeeeee

This reads as the two-syllable word 'Nicey' elongated.

Yes it's trivial but it also annoys me.

Honestly thought I was wrong for thinking there was something off about that, good to see I'm not the only one who noticed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

When I make myself a nice cup of tea but then forget about it until it's cold.

Just done it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

In Ireland its a rich man's game. Trust me ive yet to see knacks playing rugby

No it's not, in Limerick it's a total working class sport, always has been

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The way you never notice that your phone is almost dead until you're just about to head off somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People who tell you to floss your teeth. Why would I need to do that? I don't get food stuck between my teeth, because I have no gaps between my teeth. Why don't I have gaps between my teeth? Because I haven't spent the last few decades forcing a bit of abrasive string between my teeth, that's why. Then advertisers have the cheek to recommend flossing as a way of avoiding bleeding gums ... :mad:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Ads for NRC Taxis on newstalk, I switch channel everytime it comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

People taking my parking space! We live in an apartment block and every apartment has a garage on the ground floor that you park your car in front of. I Came home the other day and there was a car in my space so I had to park down the street then struggle back to our front door carrying the baby in his car seat and all the other crap you carry around when you have a baby. As I got to the door a couple came out and went to the car that was in my space. I confronted them and they looked at me like I was the biggest bitch going for saying it to them because "they were only popping in to visit someone for a minute". Once they left I had to go back and move the car.

Who parks in front of someone else's garage door? Assholes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    People taking my parking space! We live in an apartment block and every apartment has a garage on the ground floor that you park your car in front if. Came home the other day and there was a car in my space so I had to park down the street then struggle back to our front door with the baby in his car seat and carrying all the other crap you carry around when you have a baby. As I got to the door a cou

Finish your story :(

People who start a story and then trail off towards the...

She never made it to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Finish your story :(

People who start a story and then trail off towards the...

Edited now! Stupid iPhone and pressing post reply too soon. That annoys me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

When the batteries in the tv remote are half dead and you have to press the button about 10 times, then you have jumped on a few channels all of a sudden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

When stopped at traffic lights and some bastard bucket collector appears

and rattles their bucket at my car window. For fux sake!

What am I supposed to do? Pull my handbrake, take my car out of gear,

get out & go rootin in my pockets for the 23 cent I have???

Just Feck Off!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Jetlag a few days after getting home . Supposed to be up at 6am :( Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I ****ing knew it and I hate it. Its not trivial its your county colours. We wear blue not pink :mad:

When people claim trivial things are not trivial.

When words lose all meaning like trivial just did for me :mad:

Right well up here we take pride in our colours and I thing it is a horrible leap back when women and girls are marketed these horrible pink jearseys because "Ohh pink is a girlie colour. Gaalic " and all this ****e. Both teams, men and women, wear the same bloody colour so I dont see why men are marketed one colours and women another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Coming from a smallish town in rural Ireland, what annoys me is when locals act 'dumbed down', with regard to anything, acting like dunderheads just to 'fit in,' in my opinion. When I come home from overseas I notice it and it bugs the crap out of me. A mixture of holier than thou, and acting oblivious to whats going on in the world, while at the same time having a sneering attitude.

The reason I think this is because there is no way that in 2013, people could be so narrow minded and stoopid. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Right well up here we take pride in our colours and I thing it is a horrible leap back when women and girls are marketed these horrible pink jearseys because "Ohh pink is a girlie colour. Gaalic " and all this ****e. Both teams, men and women, wear the same bloody colour so I dont see why men are marketed one colours and women another.

Up where? I agree it's silly that people are wearing pink because it's percieved as girly, I just think it's equally silly that someone would get so wound up about someone not wearing the 'proper' colours. They're still showing their support, even if it's in a different way. I really don't see the harm!

Up where? I agree it's silly that people are wearing pink because it's percieved as girly, I just think it's equally silly that someone would get so wound up about someone not wearing the 'proper' colours. They're still showing their support, even if it's in a different way. I really don't see the harm!

Cavan. And if they made them different I wouldnt mind but it one homogeneous group of bright pink and purple but mostly bright pink. Pink, pink, pink.

There are more bloody colours than bright pink :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those sports presenters on the radio who refuse to use the proper names of anything when talking about Gaelic Games.

"Davy Fitz has done a great job"
    "The Gooch ..."
    ".. a great game was served up at Head Quarters"
    ".. the Rebels produced a great comeback"
    " .. the Banner "
    " .. the Kingdom"

I could go on.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Those sports presenters on the radio who refuse to use the proper names of anything when talking about Gaelic Games.

"Davy Fitz has done a great job"
    "The Gooch ..."
    ".. a great game was served up at Head Quarters"
    ".. the Rebels produced a great comeback"
    " .. the Banner "
    " .. the Kingdom"

I could go on.

fookin hell, you are easily upset:eek:

• Advertisement

Honestly thought I was wrong for thinking there was something off about that, good to see I'm not the only one who noticed!

haha i thought the exact same, I know a thai girl called jane who calls herself Jaaaneeeeeee, obviously pronounced as she spells it sounds silly..but she is a bit of a thicko in fairneeeeess. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement