Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Posted earlier about jetlag :( unfortunately it's still there .. up in 40 mins . Not a wink sleep . No point in trying anymore , might aswell get up and have a really good breakfast .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

The way Fianna Fail and Fine gael are still topping polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

lufties wrote: »
    Coming from a smallish town in rural Ireland, what annoys me is when locals act 'dumbed down', with regard to anything, acting like dunderheads just to 'fit in,'

Pat Shortt ?

Pat Shortt ?

exactly that, i think the movie 'the garage' and killinascully are good examples

Janey Mack, I didn't see yoo in ages, what foreign part of d'world are you now? shur weren't you in that place Aus-thray-leeyah..howahyoo goin on?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Skoda Octavia drives who think that there brilliant for buying one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭larchielads

the way your man pronounces coke in the new coke add where he serves them a coke zero instead of regular coke.
    he pronounces it as keoke, its coke for **** sake:mad:

man i just wanna punch him!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

The way Fianna Fail and Fine gael are still topping polls.

The way that in really doesnt matter a whole pile now who actually gets in.

The way that in really doesnt matter a whole pile now who actually gets in.

ah shur they're all the wan., is that it? .after seeing what has happened with fg/lab thus far, i'd be giving sinn fein a go. Whatever about them, I reckon they would put Irish people first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

ah shur they're all the wan., is that it? .after seeing what has happened with fg/lab thus far, i'd be giving sinn fein a go. Whatever about them, I reckon they would put Irish people first.

Are you still imitating village idiot mode? It's hard to tell :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The way people occupy seats singly on public transport so that you get onto a luas/bus and it seems like its nearly empty but you cant find a window seat/a seat not facing someone else :mad:

• Advertisement

I hate when rugby fans go on about how superior their players are when it comes to respecting the referee, as opposed to soccer players.

They usually neglect to mention that a big proportion of rugby players grew up in privileged families and went to elite private schools, while also going on to study in university.

Soccer players don't have those advantages (as a general rule), and consequently they don't have a culture of respecting referees

Education is not a cure for ignorance.

joeperry wrote: »
    When i'm away on holidays and there's a load of fllags flying but no Irish flag :(

This, and when you are looking up ingredients/instructions on something and they have the British flag beside the part we read. I know, if it had the Irish flag it would be in Irish and we'd probably read the English part anyway, but still, annoys me.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This, and when you are looking up ingredients/instructions on something and they have the British flag beside the part we read. I know, if it had the Irish flag it would be in Irish and we'd probably read the English part anyway, but still, annoys me.

It'd be an awful big box of cornflakes too, I'd never get finished reading the back of the box! :(

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It'd be an awful big box of cornflakes too, I'd never get finished reading the back of the box! :(

But you'd have an excuse for one more bowl :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The way people occupy seats singly on public transport so that you get onto a luas/bus and it seems like its nearly empty but you cant find a window seat/a seat not facing someone else :mad:

So you're giving out about people occupying seats singly which prevents you occupying seats singly?

So you're giving out about people occupying seats singly which prevents you occupying seats singly?

Exactly :D

It's all about me.

It's Hund's rule of public transport

It's Hund's rule of public transport

Hunds bus seat rule ie; rule of maximum multiplicity. I still hate it. Though the electrons are far less annoying when they do it in the orbitals.

Hunds bus seat rule ie; rule of maximum multiplicity. I still hate it. Though the electrons are far less annoying when they do it in the orbitals.

Is that because you don't have to sit beside them? :D

Is that because you don't have to sit beside them? :D

Well technically we do :P I'm just a grump really, I could live without people.

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Are you still imitating village idiot mode? It's hard to tell :pac:

Nope, i'm just giving my honest opinion. Things are pretty bad in Ireland with fascist FG at the helm...A military coup is what is needed:cool:

People saying hi every ten seconds.

Monday morning is quiet time ffs!

Working in an office with six girls, kettle makes eight cups of tea or coffee, would it kill them to top up the water for a seventh or eighth cup and THEN boil the kettle and not have me waiting around for the kettle to boil again for the sake of a cup of coffee? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I think someone's hungover. :P Cheer up grumpy boots. :)

maguic24 wrote: »
    I think someone's hungover. :P Cheer up grumpy boots. :)

No!

(Stomps arthritic feet) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

l6xx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Trying to read a newspaper outdoors on a sunny day and the slightest of breezes interfering with it

Not being able to get a buzz-free reception on radio

Going to buy something (or a few things) for roughly €2 or €3 and not having enough change despite my pocket being weighed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

people who go around trying to get celebrities autographs. whats the fcuking point? i was passing an awards ceremony a few months back- stopped to take a few pics and what not. I overheard a young couple speaking tha they go to all these things, movie premiers to get autographs and pics of all the celebs. fair enough getting a picture with them but whats the point in getting there name on a blank piece of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

keano2012 wrote: »
    people who go around trying to get celebrities autographs. whats the fcuking point? i was passing an awards ceremony a few months back- stopped to take a few pics and what not. I overheard a young couple speaking tha they go to all these things, movie premiers to get autographs and pics of all the celebs. fair enough getting a picture with them but whats the point in getting there name on a blank piece of paper?
    Maybe they just like collecting autographs?Or maybe they sell them on afterwards?Some autographs can be quite valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Squaredude wrote: »
    Maybe they just like collecting autographs?Or maybe they sell them on afterwards?Some autographs can be quite valuable.

ya but why?! whats the point in having a scribble on a piece of paper?

worth what?! really like! if it is a signed jersey then ya it might be worth something but just a blank peice of paper i dont think so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement