Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

People who won't close doors. If they're cold they'll try things in the following order:
    1. Turn on the heating.
    2. Put on more clothes.
    3. Close the windows.
    All while doors remain open. Drives me demented it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

When you order a roll at the deli counter, and they put all the salad and coleslaw at the top of the roll, where you then have to eat all that from the top down, because it doesn't FIT IN THE FCUKING ROLL!!!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Just reading some more of the thread, and it got my juices flowing :

1) People walking out of a shop and stop just outside the door to check their purchases. Gerrouttamyfukkinwaywillya.
    2) Women at the checkout who need to open their purse, put the coins in one compartment, cash in another, clubcard in another, then put the purse in a handbag, and THEN put the handbag into the shopping bag. Jaysus
    3) Barmen who blatently pass you buy at a busy bar to serve the young one at the other end with her chesticles busting out of her tube top. It's never gonna happen mate, all you are to her is the giver of drink.
    4) Following a car going much slower than you want to for 3 miles of solid-line twisty, bendy road without a single car coming against you, and then on the one piece of straight road where you could pass, there is tractor coming against you holding up string of traffic. That does my nut in. The universe is having a laugh.
    5) Tailgaters. I mean, would you like me to open my boot so you can see what's inside?

And finally, Three Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Just reading some more of the thread, and it got my juices flowing :

4) Following a car going much slower than you want to for 3 miles of solid-line twisty, bendy road without a single car coming against you, and then on the one piece of straight road where you could pass, there is tractor coming against you holding up string of traffic. That does my nut in. The universe is having a laugh.
    5) Tailgaters. I mean, would you like me to open my boot so you can see what's inside?

And finally, Three Ireland.

Maybe the people in 5 are like you in 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

JohnCleary wrote: »
    When I'm in Dublin everyone calls me Sir. Really bugs me. Currently having the cure in the Shelbourne and everything is sir this, sir that. FFS we're all the same, no need for sir crap.

I do love this place though... fire is lit, lovely band playing and a pint in hand... and its not even lunchtime on a Sunday

I think that's more down to your current location than Dublin in general.

Things that annoy me:
    -When people block the aisles of shops with their trollies or buggies and then give me dirty looks when I move them out of my way. I'm not stealing your child or your poxy shopping, I just want to get by!

-When people walk in front of me really slowly and randomly stop to look at their phones. Stand aside!

-When people congregate at the end of escalators or in shop doors. MOOOOOOOVE!

-When people return things they've borrowed (e.g. books or dvds) and they're all dog-eared or have crushed covers. I don't expect them to be immaculate but have some respect for other people's possessions.

-When people complain about something specific and changeable in their lives but refuse to actually do anything about it. I'm not interested in how your girlfriend makes you late for work because she takes ages in the shower and you have to wait for her to finish before you can shower. Just get up five minutes early and go first!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

People in a busy car park who let you know that they are pulling out, then spend 10 minutes fixing themselves before deciding to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Crisps / Corn snacks with fúck all in the bag.

I got a packet of monster munch the other day, and there were 8 in it. 8 ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Why is it that about 90% of the time that I try plug something into the USB slot that I have it the wrong way around!!

Should be a 50/50 shot of getting it right, law of averages my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

...when posters bump threads that have been dormant for three or four years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I hate windcreen wipers switches. It is bad enough that some go up to activate and others go down but, Jeeeezzzusss, why can't the 'off' setting be the last one either up or down? Instead we get the dreaded 'intermittent flick' as some kind of minus button. So you activate the screen wash and a couple of swishes later everything is hunky dory. But no, you might have activated intermittent flick accidentally so the wiper goes again across a bone dry windscreen with a horrible screech. You dive on the wiper switch. Too late you remember it's the wife's car which activates upwards not downwards. The wiper goes bananas, you whack the switch the other way. All is calm for a minute.... then our mate intermittent flick comes on again..... repeat and rinse.......

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

^^^^

People who don't read the manual and then wonder why the item isn't working as they expected it.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GingerFire

There's nothin trivial about herpes on your face...

Could be much much worse.. And not on yer face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People who don't read a thread and then put up: I don't know if this has been said already.....
    What they then continue to say has been mentioned on every page of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Canned laughter in comedy shows - especially newer US sitcoms such as the big bang.
    In fact I'll also include that show on it's own (The big bang theory) that is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

People who don't read a thread and then put up: I don't know if this has been said already.....
    What they then continue to say has been mentioned two posts back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Driving:

1) People who don't wave/signal gratitude to you when you let them out in traffic. Something really simple and basic. Bad form; bad breeding.

2) People who only indicate that they're turning right/left in the last second, when you are firmly behind them and then you depend on somebody else to let you into another lane. Inconsiderate, self-absorbed. If all drivers were like that, roads would be far more chaotic.

3) Cyclists who break red lights as a matter of course, and then give out about irresponsible drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I know its been said before but people who don't say thanks to the bus driver when paying/or getting off- doesn't take much to go "thanks" or "cya", so arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

People who try to get on a lift before the people who are exiting have left the lift.
    Drivers who park their car where they want put on the hazards, blocking a lane of traffic and disappear into a shop for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

People who reply to a post with ' I think that sentence says a lot about you.' Why bother and why not say what it say's about the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

People who refer to Britney Spears as "Britanny Spears", even when they are fans of her. Seen this in youtube comments a lot, what's wrong with these people? FFS it's even written correctly on the title of the video you're commenting on, can you not f*cking read?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

For those of us who haven't mastered the skill of typing without looking at the screen - typing a sentence and then looking up to see that you've not turned off the cap locks!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Ugh procrastinators ,
    ill tell you about them later

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

people who only start to take coins out of their wallet / purse when the bus actually turns up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The seemingly complete randomness by which AH threads are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

People who can not tell the difference between the word lose, as in to "lose a game of football" and the word loose, as in "a screw that is loose." :mad:

I try not to let it bother me most times, but when it happens over and over again in sports threads, where the words win and lose are probably amongst the most commonly used words, you'd think that people would have a bit of cop on wouldn't you?:rolleyes:

I nearly had a nervous break down reading the recent The Heineken Cup rugby threads. Everyone was talking about who would and would not qualify for the knock out stages, what other teams had to win or lose certain games and by how many tries for Munster and Leinster to go through. :eek:

Thank God for Valium is all I am saying ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

The screeching wailing sound when you're cutting food and the knife scratches the plate. Makes me cringe every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Those No nonsense insurance adverts. What utter sh1te!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Those No nonsense insurance adverts. What utter sh1te!!

GO COMPARE GO COMPARE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Those ****ing grannies and middle-agers who have this "I NEED TO GET ON THE BUS FIRST" mentality. They lash up in front of everyone eager as f**k to get on.

"OH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR TEN MINUTES YOU ONLY JUST ARRIVED"
    "COME ON LITTLE JACINTA PUSH YOUR WAY THROUGH"

Then they don't even wait to let other people off and the driver has to stop them.

Relax. We're all going to fit on the f**king bus.

20 years of travelling with Dublin Bus. These sorts of rants need to be released from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

oh the Avast thing drives me mental too. Worse even in the headphones while listening to music.

I uninstalled it just to get rid of that bloody update. I figure a virus could'nt be any worse!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement