Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I can't figure out is it just me, or are some posts on Boards missing in threads?

Hard to explain... Basically when you look back over a thread you see a post and think "Hey, that wasn't there before?".

It's driving me nuts because if I post a thread in Site Dev, it could very well be my imagination :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

keano2012 wrote: »
    ya but why?! whats the point in having a scribble on a piece of paper?

worth what?! really like! if it is a signed jersey then ya it might be worth something but just a blank peice of paper i dont think so

As a keepsake from having met that person.I don't collect autographs but I do have one autograph and its worth about €600 and its only on a piece of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Sitting in a restaurant tonight and not once but three times the waiters etc burst into a chorus of "Happy Birthday" for customers. Ah here, I'm trying to have a chat without this riff-raff girlie stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Waiters who seem programmed not to see you. Even on a quiet evening with few in the restaurant, the waiter seems to be uniquely talents in looking everywhere but at the reasonably calmly gesticulating potential customer. Surely one of the basics of the job is scanning your tables to see if anyone needs anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Sweet zombie jesus I'm going to kill this woman. The entire contents of the kitchen are everywhere and now I have to hunt for my food. Probably a plot to distract me as she uses it. Now to clear space for me to store food in my room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

The smell of slurry on my lovely fresh washing. Back into the washing machine with it and wait till the slurry spreading stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Bought lovely clothes today. Really excited to look sexy and feel confident....tried on my jumper with sequins on it, and took the tag off. Two got stuck together and now there's a hole in it :( €35 down the pooper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Rasheed wrote: »
    The smell of slurry on my lovely fresh washing. Back into the washing machine with it and wait till the slurry spreading stops.

Fresh country air they said... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Return it and say it was damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shell18244

THE FRENCH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

This has annoyed me for a while but that heart-shaped thing people do with their hands (It's getting out of hand actually) really cheesy and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Rasheed wrote: »
    I went to school with a lad who lived near a battery chicken farm and when they used to spread the chicken slurry on the fields he used to come into class and make the whole room smell like vomit and disease for a week or 2 every year :D

Return it and say it was damaged.

I took the tag off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Ah I assumed it ripped instead of breaking off.

This is why we have scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Thargor wrote: »
    I went to school with a lad who lived near a battery chicken farm and when they used to spread the chicken slurry on the fields he used to come into class and make the whole room smell like vomit and disease for a week or 2 every year :D

Cattle shiite is bad, chicken shiite is worse but nothing in this earth smells as rotten as somebody spreading pig shiite. Ill be thankful for small mercies!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Big long T.V. advert breaks.
    T.V.3 takes the biscuit with 6/7 minute breaks at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Hunger is non too trivial for anyone experiencing it.......

I give in; where's that ****ty 3rd third rate chophouse menu.

I've just watched the ads on tv3...as soon as they were over I thought Jesus they took ages. Then I read your post.

Great minds!
    I also love tayto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

TV3 takes the bloody bakery! I actually cannot watch it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

People who smoke in bus shelters, especially when its raining
    People who fill up the likes of coke bottles with water or diluted drinks, you just look cheap
    Women who wear skin colour tights, you aint fooling anybody especially when you wear open toe shoes
    When people take about 10 minutes to put their money or change back into their wallet or purse just after paying for something in a shop and you are behind them in the queue
    Beggers at ATM machines, p!ss off if you think you are getting a note!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭bren2001

TV3 takes the bloody bakery! I actually cannot watch it sometimes.

In Portugal on Saturday and Sunday morning they show 2 kids films usually in English. I went there every summer for two weeks. If the film was 2 hours long, they would show an hour of it then take a 45 minute ad break and then return to the film. I used to fcuking forget what I was watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

naggers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sky channels showing that new David Beckham advert for Sky Sports twice in the same ad break. Piss off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you wait ages for the lift in work then someone comes out of it and starts talking to you/asking you questions and you end up losing the lift. Fuuuuuucking maddening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Parenting debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sometimes channels catch you out by having a really short break, like one ad or something. You go out to make a cuppa and spend a penny and when you come back you've missed a good portion of your show.
    ****ers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Parenting debates.

Abortion debates

Gay adoption/marriage debates

Public sector v private sector debates

Household charge/property tax debates

Social welfare debates

...could write the stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

nocoverart wrote: »
    This has annoyed me for a while but that heart-shaped thing people do with their hands (It's getting out of hand actually) really cheesy and annoying.

yeah, you always see them do it on Eurovision, because a heart is the logo, but more and more people are doing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

yeah, you always see them do it on Eurovision, because a heart is the logo, but more and more people are doing it now

Gareth Bale does it when he scores. Why??? I have absolutely no idea. It makes me hate him though. I'm getting angry thinking about him doing it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Abortion debates

Gay adoption/marriage debates

Public sector v private sector debates

Household charge/property tax debates

Social welfare debates

...could write the stuff :D

Religion debates.....

Trying to have a reasonable debate with a religious person has to be the most frustrating thing in the world. All logic goes out the window. In the end you just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. >.<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement