Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

**Vai** wrote: »
    Muck TV is my pet name for it ;)

And don't fret, there are others like you who still love that CD sound! Bloody compressed mp3 files, it just doesn't sound the same. I imagine this is how vinyl people felt when CDs came along.

Oh yeah, thread topic, the lack of CD usage annoys me, which is quite trivial.

Feck your CDs. I just buy the sheet music and bash the songs out passionately at parties. Everybody loves the guy at the party with the acoustic guitar. Everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Radio shows that consist of people talking about their new book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Feck your CDs. I just buy the sheet music and bash the songs out passionately at parties. Everybody loves the guy at the party with the acoustic guitar. Everybody.

I play guitar and even I don't like him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

People that bring guitars to parties, unasked for. Instead of listening to decent music I've to listen to your squalling attempts at Wonderwall and some rebel songs?

People that bring guitars to parties, unasked for. Instead of listening to decent music I've to listen to your squalling attempts at Wonderwall and some rebel songs?

You mean to tell me if you were at a party and I started playing 'Fields of Athenry' with the 'Sinn Fein: IRA!' chants and masterfully segued into 'Girls and Boys' and back to 'A Nation Once Again', you seriously wouldn't enjoy it!?!?!

Some people are fierce strange…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

May have mentioned this before but people in offices who sing/hum/whistle to pretend they are all relaxed and stuff. Fuuck off you dont fool me.

Followed closely by those (usually women) who talk loudly to their co-workers for the benefit of others (usually in a fake yank drawl crossed with trying to be d4 accent)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

People who use the word "morans" when they mean "morons". Gahhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

People who say less, when they should say fewer.
    People who say amount, when they should say number.

E.G.
    There was fewer people there...
    There was a large number of people/things there...

I wish there was less people on here moaning about such a large amount of things…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

jimgoose wrote: »
    I would dispute that, but first I should point out that I am completely immune to the smell of pig-shit, due to many long months excavating very old stock-houses on various pig-farms in the '80s where it was impossible, for one reason or another, to get machinery in. So, pick-axe, shovel and wheelbarrow it was. To me, the worst smell of all is that of our own, human, waste.

Wouldn't envy you that job. On the subject of being immune to smells, nursing has me nearly immune to human waste pongs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The hair style of RTEs DAvid Davin Power ... Or is that a badly fitted hairpiece ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Marty Morriseys face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

The utter tools that stand behind the presenter or the person being interviewed on the tv. Made worse if they're waving or holding a child up.

Broadcasting from a racecourse seems to draw them like flies to shiite. Looking at Galway here, utter tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

old hippy wrote: »
    People who use the word "morans" when they mean "morons". Gahhh!

But the Morans who live near me really are morons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That reminds me, I really hate the way Brits pronounce the name Moran with the stress on the second syllable. I guess they're afraid that stressing the first syllable makes it sound like moron, but really Moran and moron are quite different.

And on the same subject, the pronunciation of Gallagher with a hard G and Mahoney as Ma-HONE-ey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

dixiedan wrote: »
    The hair style of RTEs DAvid Davin Power ... Or is that a badly fitted hairpiece ??
    It's shocking isn't it? I'm not actually sure if he's being ironic by choosing a really bad wig or if he just has no style whatsoever:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Considering they are responsible for the programmes 'Geordie Shore', 'The Hills', 'Super Sweet 16' and 'Teen Mom' I would have thought 'MTV generation' would be more relevant now then at any other point in the last 25 years.
    All of those programmes pretty much some up what is wrong with the world:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I'd strangle the fuucker! That and seanchaís (or seanchaithe if you prefer), I'm supposed to stop whatever conversation I'm involved in and listen in silence to them having a musical ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

You mean to tell me if you were at a party and I started playing 'Fields of Athenry' with the 'Sinn Fein: IRA!' chants and masterfully segued into 'Girls and Boys' and back to 'A Nation Once Again', you seriously wouldn't enjoy it!?!?!

Some people are fierce strange…

Phew, I thought you were serious with your previous post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

emzolita wrote: »
    people that wash the dishes, dirtiest first, then are cleaning glasses last in piggy water. my OH cannot see the difference. Drives me mad.

That DOES my head in!

Especially greasy pans and **** first and then everything gets coated in a thin layer of slime.. Raaaarghr! :mad:

Ahem.. sorry! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

People on FB who can only post on a single topic...

I really don't need to know about another temporarily missing moggie in Co.Louth. Or Tipp. Or Wexford. Or a missing dog in Drogheda. Or a missing turtle in Templemore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My belt buckle pulls the hair between my waist and bellybutton :( It's so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

quickbeam wrote: »
    That reminds me, I really hate the way Brits pronounce the name Moran with the stress on the second syllable. I guess they're afraid that stressing the first syllable makes it sound like moron, but really Moran and moron are quite different.

And on the same subject, the pronunciation of Gallagher with a hard G and Mahoney as Ma-HONE-ey.

They should pronounce names as the person themselves would. Ask them first presenters!

I've heard Dylan Moran announced as Dylan mor-ANN also, which is not how he says it.

Both David O' Doherty and Ken Doherty pronounce there names in the standard Irish manner but then are announced on UK TV as DOCK-erty (less so for Ken admittedly).

What really grates is that a lot of sports presenters go out of there way to pronounce certain sportsman's names correctly, i.e as they themselves do e.g. Tim Cahill (KAY-Hill), Sami Hyypiä (Hoop-ee-ah), Jaap Stam (Shtum) etc. yet they completely ignore/guess others e.g. Tomás O'Leary (often pronounced Tom-ASS), Donncha O' Callaghan (quite often Dunn-Cha) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Lucena wrote: »
    I'd strangle the fuucker! That and seanchaís (or seanchaithe if you prefer), I'm supposed to stop whatever conversation I'm involved in and listen in silence to them having a musical ****.

Aye.. If I want to drink and not talk to anyone I'll stay at home an have a few, I go out to meet people and talk to them, not to be sushed at when some twat is singing, it's a pub/party ffs it's meant to be bloody noisy, if it's not it's ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

When I'm absolutely burstin for the loo and the chord on my tracksuit

bottoms gets knotted. Agony

Spending 5 minutes falling about the place trying to carefully put a pair of tights on, and then finding out after you've got them on that there was a ladder in them the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Our apartment is tiny - to get diagonally across it takes about 10 seconds. It's like pretty much every other dwelling in Japan.

So why do people let the ****king phone ring for nearly a minute? There's not way we could still by trying to get to the phone - we're either not there or not answering. So hang the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Marty Morriseys face.

Beetlejuice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Car in front that sprays water on your windscreen when they're cleaning their own. Adjust the nozzles knobjock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

gramar wrote: »
    Car in front that sprays water on your windscreen when they're cleaning their own. Adjust the nozzles knobjock.

I do this to tailgaters:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement