Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

That irritating 'sharp' snot in your nose that you can't get rid of, primarily while in company of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

cantdecide wrote: »
    I do this to tailgaters:D

Tailgaters make me drive slower :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People on Facebook who do a countdown to Christmas.

147 days to Christmas.

Ads that use the tune of a song, but change the lyrics to suit there product. Spend half the days trying to figure out what the song is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When I get a stone in my shoes or sandals, and after taking them off to shake it out, it turns out to be about the size of an atom.

I'd prefer it was bigger. It would make me tougher, somehow.

the way ulster bank online randomly locks you out of your account every so often and makes you re-register even though you have put all the same details in as before :mad: You then have to wait for activation codes etc to be sent out. Fuucking maddening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Toenail catching a thread on the inside of the sock when you're trying to put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

cantdecide wrote: »
    I do this to tailgaters:D

Gonna have to take a bullet with you on that. Astonishingly amusing:)
    MJ23 wrote: »
    Toenail catching a thread on the inside of the sock when you're trying to put it on.

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Airplanes that allow passengers to push back their seats during a flight. Then I'm squashed so I have to push back my seat into the person behind me. And so on. This morning the guy behind me asked me not to because he was in the last row and had no room to push back. So I had to ask the attendant could she ask the people in front to move back up.

This is a totally unnecessary cause of tension between passengers.

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Airplanes that allow passengers to push back their seats during a flight. Then I'm squashed so I have to push back my seat into the person behind me. And so on. This morning the guy behind me asked me not to because he was in the last row and had no room to push back. So I had to ask the attendant could she ask the people in front to move back up.

This is a totally unnecessary cause of tension between passengers.

Business class <3

:D

[ Been on first class, once, when I was a kid - free upgrade, while I was traveling alone! ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Business class <3

[ Been on first class, once, when I was a kid - free upgrade, while I was traveling alone! ]

That was Business Class! (but not 'Premium Class'). :)

• Advertisement

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    That was Business Class! (but not 'Premium Class'). :)

Ew, what airline was that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Ew, what airline was that ?

Hope it wasn't any of these guys:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

People with a whistly nose. Breath through your mouth, dammit.

People who make a beeline to the table next to you, when sitting in an empty establishment. I will never fathom this.

The above, probably mentioned already. Me not reading the entire thread to confirm that will probably annoy someone else:)

du Maurier wrote: »
    People with a whistly nose. Breath through your mouth, dammit.

People who make a beeline to the table next to you, when sitting in an empty establishment. I will never fathom this.

The above, probably mentioned already. Me not reading the entire thread to confirm that will probably annoy someone else:)

People who re-post points that others have made :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The bus pulling off before you have a chance to sit down especially if you have kids.
    Old people jumping the queue for the bus.
    Kids on scooters in the supermarket
    People having a good root thinking no one is looking at them

People who don't read the thread & post the same things as previous people do

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who re-post points that others have made :D :P
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    People who don't read the thread & post the same things as previous people do

Oh the irony... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

when the light is on but the switch is pointing up, drives me crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

dubstarr wrote: »
    The bus pulling off before you have a chance to sit down especially if you have kids.
    Old people jumping the queue for the bus.
    Kids on scooters in the supermarket
    People having a good root thinking no one is looking at them

This is far from trivial as it's plain ignorant, but as we're on the topic of buses i'll post it anyway.

I absolutely HATE when people (mostly young lads and foreign lads) sit on the aisle seat when both seats are free to prevent somebody from sitting beside them. They also do it with their backpacks sometimes, it really infuriates me it's so unaccommodating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

When the TV volume is not on an even number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

stoneill wrote: »
    When the TV volume is not on an even number.

I'd go so far as to say I start sweating when it isn't on a multiple of five.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

elfy4eva wrote: »
    This is far from trivial as it's plain ignorant, but as we're on the topic of buses i'll post it anyway.

I absolutely HATE when people (mostly young lads and foreign lads) sit on the aisle seat when both seats are free to prevent somebody from sitting beside them. They also do it with their backpacks sometimes, it really infuriates me it's so unaccommodating

I tend to get irritated with the wannabe alpha males who take up two seats by splaying their legs apart to display their wannabe alpha maleness and look menacing should you dare glance at the "spare" seat. I weigh up the pros and cons of possible conflict and either squash up beside them (eventually they reluctantly bunch up a bit) or stare mindlessly at the non existent advert just above their wannabe alpha frames.

old hippy wrote: »
    I tend to get irritated with the wannabe alpha males who take up two seats by splaying their legs apart to display their wannabe alpha maleness and look menacing should you dare glance at the "spare" seat. I weigh up the pros and cons of possible conflict and either squash up beside them (eventually they reluctantly bunch up a bit) or stare mindlessly at the non existent advert just above their wannabe alpha frames.

You're probably best not sit anywhere near them, it's hard for a person to put their legs together when they're suffering from crotch rot.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You're probably best not sit anywhere near them, it's hard for a person to put their legs together when they're suffering from crotch rot.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Absent mindedness is bugging me this week. I really hate it, like last night, I went upstairs to switch on the immersion and decided to fold some laundry while I was there. Half way down the stairs I had to stop and think hard if I'd gone up to switch it on or off, couldn't remember so had to go back and check. Still it could be worse, I sometimes forget to switch it off for hours:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Czarcasm wrote: »

That nearly killed me:D
    Absent mindedness is bugging me this week. I really hate it, like last night, I went upstairs to switch on the immersion and decided to fold some laundry while I was there. Half way down the stairs I had to stop and think hard if I'd gone up to switch it on or off, couldn't remember so had to go back and check. Still it could be worse, I sometimes forget to switch it off for hours:o

Aye.... The amount of times Ive walked from the door to the car, only to have get out and take the 6 steps back to the door to see if I locked it is shameful...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Oh the irony... :)

people who don't know what irony is

:eek:

Not meeee! :pac:

Welcome to my world, memory like a goldfish, that's why nowadays I write everything down in a...

Where the fcuk did I put my notepad?? :(

Reading things like this online & getting paranoid.

had it on earlier today & now you have me doubting myself if I turned it off .. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

People who say 'Same difference'. This drives me up the wall, its bloody 'Big difference' none of that 'same difference' shíte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement