Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    People who say less, when they should say fewer.
    People who say amount, when they should say number.

E.G.
    There was fewer people there...
    There was a large number of people/things there...

There were fewer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

the bus stops on Nassau street there by trinity. They all stand against the wall and then when they see their bus coming down at the end of the road they all move forward to the edge of the footpath like one big mad herd. Totally ignoring anyone that is walking along the footpath. One day I am just going to walk straight into them. To make it worse there are a lot of tourist coaches that stop there and when getting on/off they dont care about anyone else. One day I will just walk straight into them while sticking the shoulder out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Those dog leads that extend out for miles. Nearly snotted myself when a dog ran across the front of me and made a tripwire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Pat Kenny leaving RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Drivers who tail gate you for miles, then pass you out and proceed to slow down and go at a slower pace than you were going at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who can't remember their pin code.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

People who amble aimlessly along footpaths whilst making themselves as broad as they can, blocking traffic. Particularly people with trolley bags - usually the trolley bag is bigger than the person themselves. I hate trolley bags, and I hate the people who use them. People who chain their bikes in such a way to block footpaths. Restaurants and businesses who put signs, or chairs and tables outside their premises to block the footpath. Dublin Bus and various bus companies that encourage their customers to cluster up on busy, narrow footpaths to block traffic. Cyclists who happily rampage down footpaths. People who wait to cross the road on a narrow path and entirely block the footpath for other users - completely oblivious or ignorant to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

people who slowly walk up the middle of stairs / steps or stand in the middle of slow moving escalators

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People who say 'Same difference'. This drives me up the wall, its bloody 'Big difference' none of that 'same difference' shíte.

People say 'same difference' because there isn't a big difference…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Fecking rain that's too heavy for the first speed of the windscreen wipers but too light for the second speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

More car stuff:

When you notice someone behind dashing up right up behind you and just as they're about to make car lurve to your bumper they throw out the anchor and take a left... depriving you of the opportunity to become highly indignant.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Pat Kenny leaving RTE.
    He'll be back.
    In Montrose House you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭bren2001

People who arrive at pedestrian lights press the button when there are no cars and cross without waiting for the green man. I'm always stopped at them when driving or cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Probably mentioned several times but people who practically have a smoke lit before they get off the Luas/Bus/Train whatever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

People who'd phone up Sunshine 101 and say their favourite band was either U2 or Simple Minds. Or both. (Back in the mid 80s)

People who pronounce Dalek as Darlek. :mad:

People who refuse to watch a film if it's
    a) Black and white
    b) Silent
    c) Subtitled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Cardamom pods.

You're digging into a beautiful curry, then BAM. Fu@king Fairy Liquid bursts into your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

My favorite ball-breaker lady as she heads out the door: "I'm off Tuesday so I'll touch base with you on Wednesday"...

In my head: "Just fcuk off will you!"

Reality: "See you Wednesday, have a good weekend!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Cardamom pods.

You're digging into a beautiful curry, then BAM. Fu@king Fairy Liquid bursts into your mouth.

Aye - love my Indian food, but I always hated them! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Hate when your at the bus stop first and when the bus arrives everyone jumps in front of you and you're left standing :mad:

Sillys who put a wet teaspoon in the sugar bowl. You end up with it covered in a rock hard coating.
    Barstaff who take your drink before its finished, not talking about a dribble left but about a fifth of it. Happens more nearer to closing time.
    Its like they lie in wait until you go to the toilet so they can swoop in.
    Another thing that annoys me is that my bleedin useless friends never tell them it's not finished.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

People who say 'Same difference'. This drives me up the wall, its bloody 'Big difference' none of that 'same difference' shíte.

I'm in Asia at the moment and one English phrase they like to use is 'same same but different'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

People that make noise with their mouth when they eat, over at my parents house today and I forgot about the noise she makes as shes eating something, its like a kissing noise as shes eating something, does my head in!

When I come down the stairs in the morning barefoot and the dogs runs over and starts licking my feet. She must think I have a foot fetish...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Cardamom pods.

Cardamom doesn't taste like fairy liquid, it's more like a soft mintiness. Now fresh coriander, THAT tastes like fairy liquid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Sillys who put a wet teaspoon in the sugar bowl. You end up with it covered in a rock hard coating.
    Barstaff who take your drink before its finished, not talking about a dribble left but about a fifth of it. Happens more nearer to closing time.
    Its like they lie in wait until you go to the toilet so they can swoop in.
    Another thing that annoys me is that my bleedin useless friends never tell them it's not finished.:mad:

That's when you put the beer mat on top of the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

People at home and work leaving used teabags in the sink. Put them in the blimmin' bin or compost bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

thunderdog wrote: »
    I'm in Asia at the moment and one English phrase they like to use is 'same same but different'.

I'm a little guilty of bringing that back with me and using it

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I hate it when I don't shut my purse properly and then later when I go to take my purse out, all the coins fall out. Super annoying that is!

old hippy wrote: »
    People who refuse to watch a film if it's
    a) Black and white

Like Stir Crazy or Lethal Weapon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This new "respect" phenomenon. wtf?

State a couple of facts and then at the end write "respect" like, in a sentence of its own. Or "respect for xyz" :mad:

Man saves tortoise. Respect. :confused:

Really big on FB at the moment. Sheep!!!

Oooh I'm like a fuuckin briar today...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement