Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

thunderdog wrote: »
    I'm in Asia at the moment and one English phrase they like to use is 'same same but different'.

If that came over here it would kill my soul.http://meatballcandy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/fuuu-rage-guy-comic.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Bouncing into work happy on a Friday morning, delighted with life and then being put in a bad mood by the salty, sulky OH.

ffs.... I want my happy friday buzz back!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

people who moan about babies making noise when they're in public places. Like if a baby cries and some idiot (male or female) is upset by this and thinks they have a special right to not have to endure this noise.

sometimes it's not even crying, it's just the babies making silly noises and invariably some idiot will tut and huff because they ''shouldn't have to hear this''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Wrongly spelt local authority signage.

Leftist wrote: »
    people who moan about babies making noise when they're in public places. Like if a baby cries and some idiot (male or female) is upset by this and thinks they have a special right to not have to endure this noise.

sometimes it's not even crying, it's just the babies making silly noises and invariably some idiot will tut and huff because they ''shouldn't have to hear this''

True, and I'd rather listen to that than some fart parping on at someone on their mobile for everyone to hear. I was on the luas on day and this guy was practically shouting about how he needed rent money asap (he has two mortgages does everyone realise that) and blah de blah. I felt like saying "serves ya right for buying a buy to let ha-haaaa" lol

The other side, a baby laughing hysterically? Cant beat it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    True, and I'd rather listen to that than some fart parping on at someone on their mobile for everyone to hear. I was on the luas on day and this guy was practically shouting about how he needed rent money asap (he has two mortgages does everyone realise that) and blah de blah. I felt like saying "serves ya right for buying a buy to let ha-haaaa" lol

The other side, a baby laughing hysterically? Cant beat it :D

You'd think that wouldn't you? i spent 2 hours on a flight with some moron middle aged woman tutting and rolling her eyes up, even at the laughing.
    Was a pubic hair's width away from spazzing out mid air.
    It's always some precious freak who thinks the world revolves around them.

And some idiots they interviewed on newstalk a while ago about breastfeeding in public. Lads were interviewed, 20ish demograph judging by their voices and language and they were complaining about it being offensive. Lads who still get their mas to put their duvet covers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You know when your putting on something with long sleeves and you struggle about for ages trying to find the sleeve hole until you realise the sleeve is inside out.
    Then you think maybe I can sort it out without taking it off and waste more time struggling until you finally just admit defeat.
    I've never been able to sort it out from the inside but I still keep trying every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah but it's same, same but different :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When your "get up and go", has got up and gone!

Can't get into it at all today! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The majority of 'prank' videos nowadays. It's just an excuse for them to act like total pricks because it's being secretly filmed.
    I like the 'prank backfires' ones where the pricks end up getting hurt :D

• Advertisement

The clinic on Abbey Street advertising "Women's Helth" on it's window.

I'm like....you can't even spell....you're not going anywhere near me with a speculum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Leftist wrote: »

Babies crying is an incredibly annoying sound but at the same time it's not something you can really prevent. If I'm in a public place and and baby starts crying I'll just move. When on public transport when you can't get away from it then it becomes really irritating. You have to feel for the parents though because they'll know their child is annoying a load of people.

It's the parents that brought their little babies to mass that bugged me. That just isn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The clinic on Abbey Street advertising "Women's Helth" on it's window.

I'm like....you can't even spell....you're not going anywhere near me with a speculum!

I pass it twice a day on the Luas and it annoys me every time. What's worse is that they have it backwards, so it really reads "Helth Women's", which p*sses me off even more :pac:

I pass it twice a day on the Luas and it annoys me every time. What's worse is that they have it backwards, so it really reads "Helth Women's", which p*sses me off even more :pac:

oh yeah!! Maddening lol, actually are the words on two different windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The lies & inane sh1te that people (but mostly priests) come out with at funerals, particularly if the person in question was of certain disrepute. This has come back to me after reading a fairly topical news article today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Right now, the smell of smoke on the landing...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Putting on socks after a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When i ask the pharmasist for nurofen and he looks at me like im a junkie. I.said nur oh fen ...nur oh fen ........not her oh in. Like wtf hand them over im in pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

retalivity wrote: »
    The lies & inane sh1te that people (but mostly priests) come out with at funerals, particularly if the person in question was of certain disrepute. This has come back to me after reading a fairly topical news article today....

This reminded me - when priests get the dead persons name wrong! At my granny's funeral the priest called her my mum's name for the entire thing. It was very hard on my mum. Then at her anniversary mass in the same church a different priest called her the wrong name too, twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

The whatsapp last seen it annoys me so much to the point of thinking I said something stupid like when you've sent a message and then you keep seeing the last seen time change so you know the person has seen the message and take hours to reply back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

Milk low fat milk is grand in tea or when used with cooking etc but it tastes ****e with your breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Having to change down to 4th gear or even 3rd at times because of some

fukkin eejit doing 30 mph on N roads. This sort of shlte is becoming all

too regular and it's dangerous

''Down with this sort of thing!'' ''Careful Now'' :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

seen some pr1ck in mcdonalds drive through in longford, pull up after collecting his food, rip the straw open with his teeth (if you catch my drift) spit the straw wrapper out his window.

i mean, FFS he was literally 10 yards from the bin, and he parked his car in the "out" section, i.e. there were parking spaces available, but he decided to park on the road out..

pick up your rubbish, you inconsiderate, lazy pr1ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 GreenGables

My oldest son leaves his dirty dishes in the sink. Sooo annoying as I prefer them rinsed and stacked next to the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people at football matches drown out the last line of the National Anthem with their loud cheering. Find it very disrespectful and obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Game requests for Candy Crush saga...no! I have seen the damage that game has done to peoples lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 martinf30

People who talk with their mouth full, and noisy chewers... aghaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

martinf30 wrote: »
    People who talk with their mouth full, and noisy chewers... aghaaa

Yeah I know *crunch* what you mean it's really annoying *slobber* when people talk while eating *licks lips*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

The little girls face of the Persil ad. That **** lives in the uncanny valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

When people talk too seriously about something or they are "so stressed", when in actuality they are just causing this stress by taking too much on their plate at once. It isn't stress, it is stupidity. When people who don't speak clearly or are foreign and get frustrated at you for not being able to understand their poor english. Literally had someone ask me do we sell keppetelers or kipplers. It's kepplers it is kepplers and it has always been. Learn to speak the goddamn language otherwise don't look at me as if I have 2 heads when I can't understand you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement