Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

minotour wrote: »
    Continuing the work theme......

People who take the stall/urinal directly next to you when there are other spots available.......

People on the fone talking loud when they think they are right and quiet when they are not sure....

Continuing the urinary theme, when you're on "the baby train", well, that's what it fcuking feels like right now-

I'm afraid to look up because there's kids everywhere, and I know before the train took off one child had already pissed on his seat.

I can't move carriages because I'm wedged in beside the window by a rather large lady, normally I wouldn't even mind that, but she's a rather large and aesthetically challenged lady with a temper that could only compete with her stroppy two year old. Two more hours of this....

Thank fcuk for headphones at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The way Americans call a main course an entree - surely that should mean a starter? Grr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The way Americans call a main course an entree - surely that should mean a starter? Grr!

the way americans say anything to be honest. cant stand the accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

keano2012 wrote: »
    the way americans say anything to be honest. cant stand the accent

'the' accent? which accent can you not stand from the many many regional variations of accents that exist in the usa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

EdenHazard wrote: »
    'the' accent? which accent can you not stand from the many many regional variations of accents that exist in the usa?

all of them! theres not one i like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When you're eating and you swallow something hard that you know is not food and it turns you off the rest of your meal.

Mariasofia wrote: »
    When you're eating and you swallow something hard that you know is not food and it turns you off the rest of your meal.

ooh-matron.gif

:D

Behave :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Ipad, Apple - everything to do with them. Not even a simple sd card is accepted by the iPad or by the iPod using an adapter which you had to purchase from Apple.

And then there's this iPad keyboard where the vertical line that flashes in the box like this one to show you where your spacebar is, stops flashing and you end up writing over stuff you've already written. So, so many more things. There has to be a more adaptable, flexible and intelligent tablet out there.

EdenHazard wrote: »

Ara don't be complicating things now.

• Advertisement

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Men that stand at the side of a buggy and push it with one hand cos they're too manly to stand behind it and push it with two hands!!! Wtf is that about?

.....And just in case this didnt annoy me enough I saw a man today do this with a wheelchair!grrr...think he was a boardsie who read this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Pretty trivial, but one of my toe nails just fell off.... No big deal, didn't do much anyway. Annoying though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Pretty trivial, but one of my toe nails just fell off.... No big deal, didn't do much anyway. Annoying though!

The whole nail?? :eek:

The whole nail?? :eek:

Yeah...I don't get it either. I was painting them and went to wipe off the nail polish because I wanted a different colour, and then it kind of popped off on one side.

I had to pull the rest off :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Might want to get that checked out.

Might want to get that checked out.

Meh its gone now. The rest are grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Cyclists who've absolutely no regard for the rules of the road, and this is in the majority that I've encountered.

Even today. I was coming onto a roundabout and these two cyclists just pull out right in front of me despite the fact they're supposed to give right of way to traffic coming from their right (in their case, me!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I saw a cyclist take a roundabout the wrong way today and nearly get hit by another cyclist going the correct way but cutting out in front of traffic as they are inclined to do.....

The two pedalistos nearly collided into each other in total surprise.......

Would that have been poetic justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Was waiting to cross the road at a pedestrian crossing today when a guy on a motorbike just mounts the pavement beside me and drives on down on the path until he reaches a spot to pull back onto the road.

It's bad enough when cyclists do it, but a fucking motorbike?!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

Cyclists who cycle in a bus lane or cycle lane the wrong way...its not a f**king contra flow cycle lane!!
    Motorists who think they can school you by driving or not moving to "teach you a lesson" when you've done nothing wrong.
    Peoples self assessed right of entitlement gets me every time.
    I could go on but i would only look bitter.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

Was waiting to cross the road at a pedestrian crossing today when a guy on a motorbike just mounts the pavement beside me and drives on down on the path until he reaches a spot to pull back onto the road.

It's bad enough when cyclists do it, but a fucking motorbike?!

I drive a motorbike and can honestly say you should have reported that prick.There's absolutely no call for that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

People who don't understand the difference between Google and Facebook.

Pretty sure this is clogging up the interwebby from all these unneccesary interactions and doing awful things to the environment...

Tesco1.png

Tesco2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

People who don't understand the difference between Google and Facebook.

Pretty sure this is clogging up the interwebby from all these unneccesary interactions and doing awful things to the environment...

Tesco1.png

Tesco2.png

There is plenty of that on boards too.

Have a quick gander at Australia to see how many visa threads are started.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

People who don't fill the Brita jug after themselves...

Rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The way people queue for the National Expressway buses at the main city bus stations. Galway, for example I would in a small queue before the driver comes out to board the bus, another queue forms at the opposite direction WTF! Where are the officials to keep the queue in order and one way :mad:.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The way people queue for the National Expressway buses at the main city bus stations. Galway, for example I would in a small queue before the driver comes out to board the bus, another queue forms at the opposite direction WTF! Where are the officials to keep the queue in order and one way :mad:.

Speaking of which, the entire lack of a Bus Eireann (can't get the fadai on this cursed iPad!) bus system over the bus network. Why is BE still using private contractors to bus us around the place? Busaras in particular belongs to about 1960 (not bad given that it was completed in 1953). It's so far from being a national bus station, and has been for decades. At 5pm each weekday the place is a nightmare as you're told at the last minute that your bus is at the railings and then you have to ask each of the drivers of the private buses there which one is going to your destination.

Talk about a neglected public transport system. Busaras should have been moved to Broadstone, or some other place in Dublin centre where there's space, decades ago. Just because some eejits made Michael Scott's Busaras, the current building, a protected structure, should not stop this state from moving from it to a more appropriate building for 2013. We haven't because cars/roads have been prioritised over public transport in public policy for the past few decades, much to the delight of the car sales, construction and fuel industries. Feck the environment, feck the public-transport-using plebs and roll on me feinerism!

/end (fairly mighty) rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm probably the only person in the world, but I absolutely detest the song Blurred Lines. I didn't like it when it came out, and I can't stand it now. The sound of it on a night out kills my buzz! I don't get why its so popular.

jamezy wrote: »
    People who don't fill the Brita jug after themselves...

Rage.

I revile those bastards, just as much as I do those lazy inconsiderate lugs who don't put the milk back in the fridge or who use the clean dishes in staff rooms and leave them dirty each and every time - where do they think the cold fresh milk or the clean dishes come from? From their non-knacker, considerate, respectful colleagues of course!

Ok, feck ye all. I'm going into my jacuzzi now and then off to discover another Pacific island gan daoine. Hope it's pissing out of the high heavens when you all wake up there! :D

• Advertisement

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Ok, feck ye all. I'm going into my jacuzzi now and then off to discover another Pacific island gan daoine. Hope it's pissing out of the high heavens when you all wake up there! :D

Hehe, you should've precluded that with the following:

To all spelling and grammer pedants -

Then again it's probably best not to have them wet their knickers this early in the morning! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement