Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

People driving around with fog lights on in clear weather. Really really irritates me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

those eastern European 'charity' stickers looking for old clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

TheNog wrote: »
    People driving around with fog lights on in clear weather. Really really irritates me

If you say " I get really irritated " you are more likely to deal with the problem , it's just your attitude that needs changing , why should you allow someone you don't even know to irritate you on a continual basis :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Celebs that give their kids stupid names just to be cool. The poor kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Birr76 wrote: »
    Nothing.

I gave up years ago getting annoyed about trivial things.

If I find myself getting annoyed, I remind myself it is not worth it and the feeling quickly dissapates.

It is only worth getting annoyed about things that can be changed.

Anything else is a waste of energy.

Get a haircut, Hippy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Weird one this, I know. People taking those little round stickers off apples, oranges, bananas etc. and sticking them on other things. I find it manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Lucena wrote: »
    Weird one this, I know. People taking those little round stickers off apples, oranges, bananas etc. and sticking them on other things. I find it manky.

r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Il Trap wrote: »
    For those of us who haven't mastered the skill of typing without looking at the screen - typing a sentence and then looking up to see that you've not turned off the cap locks!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Highlight what u want to change press shift and f3. Learned that in my final few weeks of college!! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Waiting on the lift in dundrum, with a buggy. Group of women come over and jump in before you, now there's no room.

Does my head in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

People who take an age to turn a corner whilst driving. Seems to be a dying art out there. Its a corner, not a wall. Why are you coming to a complete standstill???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

People who take an age to turn a corner whilst driving. Seems to be a dying art out there. Its a corner, not a wall. Why are you coming to a complete standstill???

I'm guilty of this, but in my defence, I am still a learner driver so I'm not confidant of taking corners too quickly. Unless it's a stop sign or something, I wouldnt come to a standstill, just slow down a fair bit. Somewhere around 15-20 kph is comfortable for me.

Assuming by corner you mean like a t junction and not just a bend in the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scribbles2013

I was sitting beside a woman in the cinema who decided to put on hand cream during the film and rub it in to each finger seperately for about ten minutes..

No amount of sidewards glances would get her to stop :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

God, yes. I live down the country and it's usually D - reg cars who hammer along at 110kph in a 80kph area as long as it's a straight line. The minute they meet a gentle curve they slap on the brakes and drop down to maybe 20 or 30 and still end up going around it halfway on the other side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

There are also still drivers out there who, on a normal sized main road will slow down for no reason whatsoever when a car comes in the opposite direction... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm guilty of this, but in my defence, I am still a learner driver so I'm not confidant of taking corners too quickly. Unless it's a stop sign or something, I wouldnt come to a standstill, just slow down a fair bit. Somewhere around 15-20 kph is comfortable for me.

Assuming by corner you mean like a t junction and not just a bend in the road.

Learner drivers are different. We all had to start somewhere. I am talking about experienced drivers of all ages and both sexes.

Simple corners where there are no obstructions to viewing from obstacles and easily navigable. Why??? I am not asking for you to drive around the corner on two wheels. Just slightly reduce your speed and safely drive around the corner. It's not a huge skill set that is needed. Damn frustrating, even worse when I am following you around the same fricking corner :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Learner drivers are different. We all had to start somewhere. I am talking about experienced drivers of all ages and both sexes.

Simple corners where there are no obstructions to viewing from obstacles and easily navigable. Why??? I am not asking for you to drive around the corner on two wheels. Just slightly reduce your speed and safely drive around the corner. It's not a huge skill set that is needed. Damn frustrating, even worse when I am following you around the same fricking corner :rolleyes:

Ah but you see... it's not about skill but apprehension! Just put yourself in their position: they are obviously not doing that for fun, but because they lack confidence, are afraid or unable to correctly judge the situation and so slow down more in order to feel safe. I know, I was one of them. I had all the annoying defects of a bad driver so I stopped driving. Now everyone gives out to me for not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭santana75

This will come across as sexist but I dont know a diplomatic way to say it: Women using multiple cards at atms when theres a que of people waiting behind them. Bloody hell it happens a lot, drives me nuts. Had a 3 carder the other day, it was unreal, she had zero consideration for the big que of people forming behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

santana75 wrote: »
    This will come across as sexist but I dont know a diplomatic way to say it: Women using multiple cards at atms when theres a que of people waiting behind them. Bloody hell it happens a lot, drives me nuts. Had a 3 carder the other day, it was unreal, she had zero consideration for the big que of people forming behind her.

Yea whats that about? and the women who do it look like they haven't got two quid to rub together :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,391 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I hate it when my better half leaves the cheese out of the fridge with the wrapper not closed properly.

Cheese is expensive, when you're finished, wrap it up and put it back in the feckin fridge

Also, She smokes but not in the house, which is good, but when it's cold outside, she'll stand at the door with the door open and blow smoke out the door.

You're letting all the feckin heat out. It was just cold outside, now it's cold inside too!

~end rant~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Cotton wool! It doesn't just annoy me, I hate it. I féckin' HATE it! Even the thought of it gives me an iccky feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

People that put the empty (or may aswell be) milk carton back on the fridge door so you think there is some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Dfmnoc wrote: »
    people

See posts numbered 314 and 316.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    See posts numbered 314 and 316.
    annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Boss scratches himself and fidgets like he's got parasites and cracks his knuckles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Dean09 changed his name and avatar! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Women who put their make-up on on the bus. Why bother, your face is gonna look shíte either way. Get up early and put it on at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bad spelling and grammar.
    People who waste food.
    That weird nylon/vinyl material that is used to make cheap schoolbags - makes me want to scratch my skin off.
    Brand snobbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When people don't turn the taps off tightly enough in the jacks next to my room,always have to get up and stop the annoying dripping in the dead of night!

People who ring the doorbell more then once in succession.

People who use the word banter,bants,bantersaurus or anything involving the word banter!

This exposes another annoyance: People who think turning off a tap is a test of strength. Over time it wrecks the taps and they leak, causing the same gob$hites to tighten them even more. They wouldn't leak in the first place if you just tightened them enough to tunr off the water and no more you Fcuktards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Que instead of queue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement