Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

People who see you reversing and still walk behind your car, especially when they are dragging their children with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

People who say beers seriously. Its ****ing going for cans or drinkin'. Anyone who says beers is clearly a Trinity loser who made all their friends at 26 in the Gaming Soc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

EdenHazard wrote: »
    People who say beers seriously. Its ****ing going for cans or drinkin'. Anyone who says beers is clearly a Trinity loser who made all their friends at 26 in the Gaming Soc.

Never heard of anyone "going for cans" Eden tbh.

Somewhat related though, anyone who refers to cans as tins or tinnys. I know strictly speaking they're made from tin, but come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What are these "friends" you speak of?

On a somewhat related note it's my birthday tomorrow and I'll be 26 and am heading to my local Gaming Soc for the first time. I saw it advertised on my Trinity newsletter. They said that we would go for beers afterwards :confused:

Should I be concerned that "beers" and "friends" could be a bad combination? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

cantdecide wrote: »
    People on FB who can only post on a single topic...

I really don't need to know about another temporarily missing moggie in Co.Louth. Or Tipp. Or Wexford. Or a missing dog in Drogheda. Or a missing turtle in Templemore.

I have a friend and I actually counted his 'mobile uploads' photos.

34 were his daily life. His wife and kids, his new car, a beautiful day at the beach. How many were pics of things he was about to consume? 36. Every pint, pizza, ice cream...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

New one.

People sitting on the N11 doing 80kph in a 100 zone. Never have I more wanted missile launchers on the front of my car. Especially when they wake up and boot it as you try and overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

But... that's what they are. They're beers. People go for beers and have beers. Like going for sandwiches. I'm confused.

Disclaimer: I do go to Trinity...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

But the beer is in the can? you don't go for plates when you eat at a restaurant, you go for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Are they losers because they got the points to get into trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dartz wrote: »
    ..... boot it as you try and overtake.

There are few things worse on the roads than a driver who does something so heinous :mad:

• Advertisement

Don't worry, one day someone who's not a loser might ask you to go for beers. Chin up.

My trivial annoyance today: When you want a dessertspoon, but all the soup spoons and table spoons and one random tea strainer spoon are all in the same section of the cutlery drawer, and you pull out every other kind of spoon before the one you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Don't worry, one day someone who's not a loser might ask you to go for beers. Chin up.

My trivial annoyance today: When you want a dessertspoon, but all the soup spoons and table spoons and one random tea strainer spoon are all in the same section of the cutlery drawer, and you pull out every other kind of spoon before the one you want.

Think that's bad?
    I had to eat my soup this morning with a cheese grater for the lack of cutlery in my kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My husband's cousin puts up lots of photos of her little girl on Facebook. I've no problem with this except every fecking photo is sideways, they all need to be turned 90 degrees but she never does it.

Why bother putting up photos if your "beautiful princess" if people have to turn their heads sideways to see them? So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

"Hang on a minute there. I'm just going to make some rollies".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭green_bow

shopkeepers who are tight when filling up icecream cones , I usually tell them to fill it up well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

green_bow wrote: »
    shopkeepers who are tight when filling up icecream cones , I usually tell them to fill it up well

I used always make a balls of it when making them so threw an extra blob on top as compensation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Going for cans sounds so knackerish.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I used always make a balls of it when making them so threw an extra blob on top as compensation :pac:

Hehehehehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

I hate it when people get petrol & then leave the car at the pump .. while they go in to pay. They should move their fecking car to the space provided in front of the store! I got stuck a couple of times waiting while the driver did the weekly shopping. Does this happen in bigger cities? or is it just a bog attitude?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

poppyvally wrote: »
    I hate it when people get petrol & then leave the car at the pump .. while they go in to pay. They should move their fecking car to the space provided in front of the store! I got stuck a couple of times waiting while the driver did the weekly shopping. Does this happen in bigger cities? or is it just a bog attitude?

I can honestly say that I have never driven away from the pumps before paying for my petrol. I've always left my car in front of the pump and, tbh, I've yet to see any person drive away, park, and then pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Mickey H wrote: »
    Throw it out. Odd freaky spoon.

You can throw it all you like but the next time you open the drawer it will be back, waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Wilberto I always move as there are ppl qing behind me. I bet you dont go in to pay & do your weekly shopping

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wilberto I always move as there are ppl qing behind me. I bet you dont go in to pay & do your weekly shopping

I agree alright with the weekly shopping bit. Some people are just extracting the urine in that regard. I'd usually go in, pay, and come straight back to the car again and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

In my personal experience, young ones do the best '99s. They don't give a shite and make them massive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

In my personal experience, young ones do the best '99s. They don't give a shite and make them massive!
    I read the 99s as 69s.:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

I read the 99s as 69s.:o:D

On indeed you did Shopa. Shame on you.;););););)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You mentioned being born in America as a justification for a term you used in a separate thread.

You'll be happy to hear that pretty much everyone over there says they're, "going for beers" when they're going for beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Keeping on the country road's theme, Dublin drivers on country roads.

There's a great Des Bishop clip about that somewhere on YouTube. "Feck off back to Dublin" was one of the lines from the single-finger waving culchies to Jackeen drivers. hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Waiters/waitresses who interrupt your conversation to ask are you finished eating and can they take your plate.

When I'm finished eating I'll put my knife and fork next to each other in the centre of the plate. That's your clue. When I'm not finished I'll leave my knife and fork apart. Simple, really simple. I was told this as a child. Are restaurant owners not telling their employees this basic piece of manners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Guess you must hate everyone then... :pac:

Your logic is flawed anyways, so people are 'parking' at the pump to pay their petrol - so what?

If they go to park in the small parking lot, and it's full - you got to wait still then ain't it?

/derp

Besides, most people use that small parking lot if they're going there to purchase something other than petrol...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement