Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

cantdecide wrote: »
    I hate when some people on Boards have a different opinion to mine :(

No you don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm confused, I just saw a summer advert playing the song and using the slogan'the most wonderful time of the year'. Is it just my imagination or was that not Christmas that retailers describe as the most wonderful time of the year, or is it now interchangeable. I'm annoyed now. Also I'm annoyed at how often I'm annoyed by really trivial things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'm confused, I just saw a summer advert playing the song and using the slogan'the most wonderful time of the year'. Is it just my imagination or was that not Christmas that retailers describe as the most wonderful time of the year, or is it now interchangeable. I'm annoyed now. Also I'm annoyed at how often I'm annoyed by really trivial things.

Crafty bastards, subliminal advertising to get you thinking about Christmas earlier than September this year! :eek:

Conspiracy Theories forum here I come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It's gets your attention though - successful advertising. I actually walked into the living room one day to see the ad, I presumed the channel had made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Umm you did see the pseudo santa and the sand angels right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Very trivial, but it annoys me when I'm waiting at a traffic light and the second there is no traffic whatsoever (usually following some quite heavy traffic), the green man flashes up. I could have gone anyway! It's like they know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Today, everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's gets your attention though - successful advertising. I actually walked into the living room one day to see the ad, I presumed the channel had made a mistake.

I shouldn't really be surprised though. The toy ads have already started to gear up a few weeks before the kids go back to school, as they do every year. By the first week of September there'll be back to back toy ads and once we get to the 1st November the whole 3 ring circus begins, like we'll forget when Christmas is.

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Very trivial, but it annoys me when I'm waiting at a traffic light and the second there is no traffic whatsoever (usually following some quite heavy traffic), the green man flashes up. I could have gone anyway! It's like they know!
    Traffic lights do have sensors, so in a way they do know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Physics is annoying me today. Have a supplementary exam coming up in 2 weeks and I don't know anything. But it's not for lack of studying. I just don't understand Physics whatsoever! It makes no bloody sense. Sometimes you have to convert temperature into kelvin for equations, other times you don't, with no rhyme or reason. The letters in the equations don't correspond to the letters that the words begin with AND there are no past exam papers to study off for this module. I really just want to die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Physics is annoying me today. Have a supplementary exam coming up in 2 weeks and I don't know anything. But it's not for lack of studying. I just don't understand Physics whatsoever! It makes no bloody sense. Sometimes you have to convert temperature into kelvin for equations, other times you don't, with no rhyme or reason. The letters in the equations don't correspond to the letters that the words begin with AND there are no past exam papers to study off for this module. I really just want to die.

Before you go getting all worked up NC (and it's a while now since I studied physics), but what module are you having trouble with?

There's also the Physics & Chemistry forum

That reminds me actually, when did they change the primary school math curriculum to call "carrying" "renaming", I was doing math the other day with my son and he near drove me mad thinking he was doing it some sort of arseways before I was informed that no, he was doing it correctly! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Before you go getting all worked up NC (and it's a while now since I studied physics), but what module are you having trouble with?

There's also the Physics & Chemistry forum

That reminds me actually, when did they change the primary school math curriculum to call "carrying" "renaming", I was doing math the other day with my son and he near drove me mad thinking he was doing it some sort of arseways before I was informed that no, he was doing it correctly! :o

Every part of it :L I can just about do thermal physics but can't get my head around Resistance thermometers, Optics, diffraction grating, gamma rays and resistance voltage and currents :L

It simply will not enter my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

After a shower you go to spray some deodorant but you realise it's gone white and chalky and it gets tangled in your pit hair and goes kind of sticky. Always happens to me when I'm about to go out, never just when I'm hanging around at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Sh1te left on the toilet bowl!
    not really trivial cause it's damn right nasty and should be annoying but I have just been greeted by some and need to vent!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

'Celeb' stories who quote "insiders". Lazy lazy journalism.

Also, the word 'celeb'

Leggings/tights as pants. No! Stop it!

The word 'pants' for trousers really annoys me.

It's a perfectly legitimate word. The American 'pants', I would assume, is short for pantaloons, i.e. trousers. Whereas the Anglicised 'pants' I assume is short for underpants. Both seem like perfectly fine words when I think about it logically.

But in my heart, calling trousers pants makes me cringe, and I feel like it's a stupid, got-my-words-from-telly thing to say. Again, I'm not saying it's wrong, because it's not - it just really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Losing the tv remote control grrr......has done wonders for my thighs and glutes though :).

It's a perfectly legitimate word. The American 'pants', I would assume, is short for pantaloons, i.e. trousers. Whereas the Anglicised 'pants' I assume is short for underpants. Both seem like perfectly fine words when I think about it logically.

But in my heart, calling trousers pants makes me cringe, and I feel like it's a stupid, got-my-words-from-telly thing to say. Again, I'm not saying it's wrong, because it's not - it just really annoys me.
    Panties.

*Shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

You got a problem with me brah?

Is it coz I'm fancier than you? :)

...I feel like it's a stupid, got-my-words-from-telly thing to say...

I have always pronounced the word scone as sounding like 'gone'. Since that awful TV ad, I've been pronouncing it the other, wrong way so as not to have my loved ones believe I had to have Ant and Dec how to speak...

• Advertisement

I have always pronounced the word scone as sounding like 'gone'. Since that awful TV ad, I've been pronouncing it the other, wrong way so as not to have my loved ones believe I had to have Ant and Dec how to speak...

Nooooooo say its not true.........you're from Cork boy!

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Nooooooo say its not true.........you're from Cork boy!

I am, ya!

I think I have to give sco... them up as a precaution :/

I am, ya!

I think I have to give sco... them up as a precaution :/

Get back on the ham and cheese and onion sangers fella fast. Scons me arse .....far from them you were reared :).

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Get back on the ham and cheese and onion sangers fella fast. Scons me arse .....far from them you were reared :).

Shur what about the drisheen and tripe, like. I only got a lip for the scones from robbin' them off the prods :pac:

You got a problem with me brah?

Is it coz I'm fancier than you? :)

It's coz you don't even lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Trivial things that annoy me?

Windows updates at the most annoying time.
    Spam.
    Dangerously slow drivers.
    BSOD.

When the cap lid fails to come off the bottle of Coke properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Trivial complaints about "PDAs." I always wonder for a second what people might have against Personal Digital Assistants, before I realise they mean "public displays of affection."

In general I hate unnecessary acronynms when it's not obvious what they refer to.

And it's just lazy.

I also don't mind public displays of affection anyway, let people be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Trivial complaints about "PDAs." I always wonder for a second what people might have against Personal Digital Assistants, before I realise they mean "public displays of affection."

In general I hate unnecessary acronynms when it's not obvious what they refer to.

And it's just lazy.

I also don't mind public displays of affection anyway, let people be happy!

Yeah, I know, like! Like, let us dry hump in public in peace. God, YOLO! ROFL. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Adult skipping kids in queues.Really does my head in.My son one day was buying himself some sweets.I was standing abit away from hin,he was waiting to pay.Some ignorant wagon comes up and leans over his head and tries to buy the paper.Nearly pushed him out of the way.I went over and said he was there first,well teh puss on her.He got served first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I always thought that was the right way :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement