Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

When only one earphone is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Garzard wrote: »
    When only one earphone is working.

or one is dying so when you move a certain way the volume goes...twist the cable a little and hold it in place...volume comes back. Just die now and be done! :)

Lift etiquette (or lack thereof). Like airports and cars, lifts seem to bring out people's ignorance too. I was in the lift the other day, arrived at destination and the doors opened. What happened? Two women that were waiting for the lift on that floor actually pushed in before I had a chance to get out :confused: It's one of those little lifts that can take a mximum of five people or whatever, so relatively small space to get on/off anyway. I just couldn't believe it. :eek: Then there are the jokers who think its funny to jump up and down (stop it ffs this lift is always breaking down!) and one I had the misfortune to notice recently...people who let rip in the lift and then leave, so that when the doors open and you step on...you are nearly overcome by fumes. I also know someone who refuses to speak to anyone in the lift...she stands as close to the doors as possible with her back to everyone, nose practically touching the doors.

...I tend to stay at the back, making tick tock noises :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Out of order lifts, that force me to take the stairs, it's not that I have a fear of stairs, it's just that one bastard step that I always miss, then tumble down the stairs :(

EDIT: Quoting a whole post and just posting a short post after.

People who don't take the plastic ring off the milk carton before they open it, you're left like you might as well be pouring milk through a sieve!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Out of order lifts, that force me to take the stairs, it's not that I have a fear of stairs, it's just that one bastard step that I always miss, then tumble down the stairs :(

EDIT: Quoting a whole post and just posting a short post after.

People who don't take the plastic ring off the milk carton before they open it, you're left like you might as well be pouring milk through a sieve!

Dropping the milk lid in the work canteen. At home, you'd just pick it up and put it back on but at work you know they're all watching to see if you rinse it first.

Also, people who interrupt your lift journey from ground to fifth so they can go from second to third. Walk ye fat b*stard - it's one floor! And the fact that no matter what time or what floor you are waiting for the lift, it's always, ALWAYS somewhere else. Statistically, every so often it should be just there waiting, but it never is. Even when it's not being used, it's parked on a different floor and has to travel up/down to you. Then some fuucker will no doubt intercept it en route :mad:

I sometimes think I'm actually on a Truman like show or something, and there are people specifically employed just to annoy me and travel up and down the lift all day. I know goddamnit!! I knoooooooooooow!!!!!!! (looks for backdrop)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People/companies who don't know the correct makeup of their own phone numbers :confused:

Example; What's your mobile number? reply = 0870 97 1122 (should be 087 097 1122).
    Example: What's you home number? reply = 01 27 64 596 (should be 01 276 4596).

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    or one is dying so when you move a certain way the volume goes...twist the cable a little and hold it in place...volume comes back. Just die now and be done! :)

I just threw out a pair which did that. Just got harder and harder to make the second one work and I just wasn't arsed with it eventually. Also what's with those YT videos where the audio only works on one speaker / earphone?

I also effin despise those one long wire one short wire earphones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

People who drop their phones

Also what's with those YT videos where the audio only works on one speaker / earphone?

Here's one that works with two, but seriously, you'll want to sit down for it, with headphones :D

The hair place on Patrick Street with a sign outside saying, "your worth it"

Religious people who try to "convert" others or think that others are "lost" - maddening! Had a really annoying experience with religious neighbours last night :/

• Advertisement

Religious people who try to "convert" others or think that others are "lost" - maddening! Had a really annoying experience with religious neighbours last night :/

You just reminded me of a time I cussed a priest out really badly. Was home a few years ago and the parish priest was doing his 'rounds' and had dropped in to visit my parents. He asked me if I went to church in Dublin and I told him I was in fact an atheist. In the most condescending manner, he went "ah shur you never really leave god, will you not be soft in the head and go to mass" (almost imprinted in my brain, that). I believe F-words and the C-word were thrown with extreme prejudice in his direction. My parents were mortified but he deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

I hate when people don't flush the toilet properly after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

olddear wrote: »
    I hate when people don't flush the toilet properly after them.

As opposed to flushing properly?

Caonima wrote: »
    You just reminded me of a time I cussed a priest out really badly. Was home a few years ago and the parish priest was doing his 'rounds' and had dropped in to visit my parents. He asked me if I went to church in Dublin and I told him I was in fact an atheist. In the most condescending manner, he went "ah shur you never really leave god, will you not be soft in the head and go to mass" (almost imprinted in my brain, that). I believe F-words and the C-word were thrown with extreme prejudice in his direction. My parents were mortified but he deserved it.

Super irritating. If they want to be religious that's fine but why do they need to shove it onto everyone else? What was ironic about yesterday was this. I had actually travelled to the neighbourhood to walk some dogs for an elderly couple who cannot manage them. Not looking for thanks just want to make life a little better for the dogs. En route I called this lady to ask if she wanted groceries as she can no longer drive. This is how I ended up in her house. I would consider my evening to have been largely well spent, going a little out of my way for the benefit of others, and consider that to be better than simply hugging an altar or waving a bible in somone's face. You know, actually trying to be a good person. Yet she still thought I needed to be converted? Into what? She was parping on about finding happiness and finding peace...I'm sitting there thinking I'm pretty sure I am those things?? The poor old dog is lying on the floor nearly convulsing from the heat (he's really old) and she's banging on about God???:mad:

Super irritating. If they want to be religious that's fine but why do they need to shove it onto everyone else? What was ironic about yesterday was this. I had actually travelled to the neighbourhood to walk some dogs for an elderly couple who cannot manage them. Not looking for thanks just want to make life a little better for the dogs. En route I called this lady to ask if she wanted groceries as she can no longer drive. This is how I ended up in her house. I would consider my evening to have been largely well spent, going a little out of my way for the benefit of others, and consider that to be better than simply hugging an altar or waving a bible in somone's face. You know, actually trying to be a good person. Yet she still thought I needed to be converted? Into what? She was parping on about finding happiness and finding peace...I'm sitting there thinking I'm pretty sure I am those things?? The poor old dog is lying on the floor nearly convulsing from the heat (he's really old) and she's banging on about God???:mad:

Sounds like two species are going to find their god pretty soon in that house :pac:

"Baby on Board" signs.

"Baby on Board" signs.

Can't stand them myself, but I did see a funny one once-

"Husband in the boot"

I will admit I don't know if I'd have had quite the same reaction if I was motoring along behind a car that had on a bumper sticker on it-

"Wife in the boot" :D

Actually now I picture it, I probably would! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

People who get into your personal space while talking to you, by that I mean anyone outside of a partner...

It really annoys me, can't you have a conversation with me from a few feet away!

"Baby on Board" signs.

"Grandparent on board". The only thing more annoying that people behaving as if pro-creating were some nobel-worthy achievement - people behaving as if their children pro-creating were some nobel-worthy achievement.

"Grandparent on board". The only thing more annoying that people behaving as if pro-creating were some nobel-worthy achievement - people behaving as if their children pro-creating were some nobel-worthy achievement.

I wonder what it is about them that pisses so many people off so much?! :D

• Advertisement

I wonder what it is about them that pisses so many people off so much?! :D I get annoyed when I see them and can't even explain why. :o

I think its a combination of things really. There's the boasting about something that half the world has done. Then there's the idea that one should drive more carefully because the car in front has a baby on board. Why? We should value all human life on the roads and drive carefully anyway! It's like they want some kind of special treatment because they have a child on board. The grandparent version is more annoying again, because they are one step removed, but making the same boastful statements/demands :D I want one that says "hot OH and cute dog on board...as well as bags of label shopping and a nice bottle of chardonnay so up yours and your ****ty nappies!" - feel a bit of road rage coming on! lolol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

whrn you are driving in the Car and you pull up to your destination and the only decent song the whole journey comes on the radio as you are pulling in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

"Grandparent on board". The only thing more annoying that people behaving as if pro-creating were xhsome nobel-worthy achievement - people behaving as if their children pro-creating were some nobel-worthy achievement.

Ihuu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Caonima wrote: »
    Sounds like two species are going to find their god pretty soon in that house :pac:
    When women get to that age they don't need the operator anymore, they have a direct line :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

When someone texts you, you reply with an answer and a question and they don't reply!!! Gah! Wrecks my little head!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

People who pronounce un as on, understand becomes onderstand, unreal becomes onreal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

"Baby on Board" signs.

I was going to post about this earlier.
    I saw someone with this sign too, and it drives me mad. Im going to drive the same no-matter what you have stuck in your car :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    People who get into your personal space while talking to you, by that I mean anyone outside of a partner...

It really annoys me, can't you have a conversation with me from a few feet away!
    I work with someone like that. When I slyly move away a bit they always float in closer! Back off :mad:

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I was going to post about this earlier.
    I saw someone with this sign too, and it drives me mad. Im going to drive the same no-matter what you have stuck in your car :mad:

When I see a car with "baby on board" I have an urge to overtake, with a sign saying, "relax...my driving is safer than your sex" :D

...also hate those little stencils on boots depicting all the family as cartoon people. They even have gay ones showing two moms or two dads...pets 'n all. Talk about turning your car into a fuucking Ann and Barry book :D Though I don't recall any same sex marriages or single parent family stories in them...

• Advertisement

Other people's halitosis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement