Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Women who sit on that seat on the luas that fronts out onto the open area near the doors...with their legs crossed! Not content with occupying a seat, they also want to take up valuable standing room too. I was standing beside one the other day, the usual sardine scenario, nowhere else to go and this woman was taking up at least half a person's standing room with her crossed legs, and her pointy boot kept digging into my shin when we stopped suddenly. Jabbing b1tch :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

*non-pc rant below

That all these Costa del Knackeragua easily-led sorts have infiltrated Aer Lingus with their scumbag trumpet and cheering culture from Ryanair.

Yes, the plane landed safely. Big swing. That's sort of the idea of the airline industry: land planes safely, get more people to pay money, land planes safely.... Duh. No, I do not want to hear your stupid cheering, clapping and loud obnoxious comments at this commonplace event, you relentless dolts. Now fuck off back to your steak and chips and your Ryanair lottery tickets and yellow cabins on the cattle trucks and give the rest of us a bit of peace and serenity at the end of a journey with a company that is, relatively speaking, an absolute pleasure to fly with.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think its a combination of things really. There's the boasting about something that half the world has done. Then there's the idea that one should drive more carefully because the car in front has a baby on board. Why? We should value all human life on the roads and drive carefully anyway! It's like they want some kind of special treatment because they have a child on board. The grandparent version is more annoying again, because they are one step removed, but making the same boastful statements/demands :D I want one that says "hot OH and cute dog on board...as well as bags of label shopping and a nice bottle of chardonnay so up yours and your ****ty nappies!" - feel a bit of road rage coming on! lolol:D

I thought this too - fricking hate baby on board stickers. I had a baby recently and refused to get one. Until I discovered that people use then for other reasons then to tell people to drive carefully. I parked in On street parking a few weeks ago, took the pram out of the boot and off I went.

When I got back to the car some as absolute asshole had parked so close behind me that their front bumper was touching the back bumper of my car. I couldn't open the boot even an inch to get the pram back in. I had to do a million point turn to get out on the street with the pram sitting on the path and then put the pram back in while parked in the middle of the road.

I was telling people about it afterwards and a few people said a baby on board sticker would have indicated I needed to get into the boot. Now, I'm not sure about that and I reckon the dick behind me wouldn't have cared but apparently they do have purposes other than telling people to drive carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I thought this too - fricking hate baby on board stickers. I had a baby recently and refused to get one. Until I discovered that people use then for other reasons then to tell people to drive carefully. I parked in On street parking a few weeks ago, took the pram out of the boot and off I went.

When I got back to the car some as absolute asshole had parked so close behind me that their front bumper was touching the back bumper of my car. I couldn't open the boot even an inch to get the pram back in. I had to do a million point turn to get out on the street with the pram sitting on the path and then put the pram back in while parked in the middle of the road.

I was telling people about it afterwards and a few people said a baby on board sticker would have indicated I needed to get into the boot. Now, I'm not sure about that and I reckon the dick behind me wouldn't have cared but apparently they do have purposes other than telling people to drive carefully.

I would be willing to bet it wouldnt have made a difference, a person is a dick no matter what the procreating capabilities of someone else are. If I see one I wouldnt think "oh, maybe they'll need extra space". Although I would give space between the cars but with some of the 4x4 prams people buy these days they would need an entire parking space for it.

One of the theories is they let emergency teams know theres a child in the accident, although I dont know what they are meant to do when a child isnt actually in the car. As far as I can tell they exist to earn the sellers money, nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Hotels leaving televisions with crt monitors in rooms. It makes the room look much older and in need of modernisation. If they don't have the money to replace them, they'd be much better off in terms of their hotel image to just remove them and leave no tv. This would also leave more space in the often tiny bedrooms.

(I've been to loads of hotels this summer, admittedly not in Ireland, which have no tvs at all in the rooms. Instead, each room had an ipod/mp3 with a dock. It took up far less space and made the room look much bigger. Each hotel had superb wifi so I was able to check any tv programme online if I really wanted to.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I hate when there is a tiny chip on my big toe nail and my socks get trapped on it when putting them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lemons9s

Seeing there/their/they're and your/you're used incorrectly!!! S

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When you eat an icecream on a wooden stick, and you scrape the last bite off the stick and end up with that taste of wooden stick rather than icecream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

osarusan wrote: »
    When you eat an icecream on a wooden stick, and you scrape the last bite off the stick and end up with that taste of wooden stick rather than icecream.

That actually DOES bother me, sometimes, because more times I have a habit of eating the stick too, and not that I'm a connoiseur of ice cream sticks, but there's definitely a less woody taste off the magnum sticks than there is off a loop the loop stick, magnum sticks not as splintery either- not just a premium ice cream but a premium stick too! :o

Dostoevsky get yourself one of these babies-

http://www.slingbox.com/

If you have sky multiroom at home (which I do, any source input really, but if it's a DVD player you still have to call home and ask your wife to put in the DVD you want to watch >_>), you hook the slingbox up to it, connect it to your home internet connection, and you can be sitting in your hotel room half way up the country watching and controlling your sky box the very same as if you were sitting at home in front of it.

Also available as an android, iphone or windows phone app for when you're out and about! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭bnt

"Don't try this at home" ... so it's OK to try dangerous things at work, or in the supermarket, or on the street? They should be saying "don't try this ... anywhere, anytime". :mad:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Deliberately going out of your way to avoid accepting someone's FB friend request specifically to avoid the awkward IM chat.... and guess what they're also online at 2am and you have the very awkward IM chat you were trying to avoid.

When I have to resist the urge to betray my own stupidity :(

I was in a shop earlier getting smokes and I asked the girl behind the counter "Do you sell a lot of those electronic cigarettes?", "Ya" she replied, "they're gas"...

I just had to tell myself "Don't be a prick, you know well what she meant" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Burger kings chips. They changed them awhile ago and angus burgers disappeared at the same time around the horse burgers so I thought that it was a supply issue and they would return to normal soon. Sadly they are still the same, used to be better than McDonalds chips.

Burger kings chips. They changed them awhile ago and angus burgers disappeared at the same time around the horse burgers so I thought that it was a supply issue and they would return to normal soon. Sadly they are still the same, used to be better than McDonalds chips.

Superknacks shurikan, the pot noodle of fast food, with Abrakebabra coming a close second for a taco chip and dirty doner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

The trivial thing that's annoying me is myself and my procrastinating. I have an assignment due Monday and I can't make myself start. And then I'll be wondering why I didn't do better when the results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Rasheed wrote: »
    The trivial thing that's annoying me is myself and my procrastinating. I have an assignment due Monday and I can't make myself start. And then I'll be wondering why I didn't do better when the results come out.
    Oh FFS, you're in there ahead of me!

Mine was due three weeks ago. Another weekend is going down the procrastination tubes, and I'm posting here rather than just getting it done...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 morrow_irl

Not knowing how many horses is in a plethora

morrow_irl wrote: »
    Not knowing how many horses is in a plethora
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/plethora

None. Unless the horses are dissolved and injected directly into the bloodstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

endacl wrote: »
    Oh FFS, you're in there ahead of me!

Mine was due three weeks ago. Another weekend is going down the procrastination tubes, and I'm posting here rather than just getting it done...

:mad:

I think there's something wrong with me. I'm panicking yet calming making another pot of tea. I'll help you with yours if you help me with mine!

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/plethora

None. Unless the horses are dissolved and injected directly into the bloodstream.

Their username is morrow_irl, not marrow_irl! :D

I wonder anyway did they mean what are a group of horses called?

I herd they were called a team, or a stud (if all belonging to one owner).

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Their username is morrow_irl, not marrow_irl! :D

I wonder anyway did they mean what are a group of horses called?

I herd they were called a team, or a stud (if all belonging to one owner).
    Or a 'clatter', when freshly shod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

These toilet roll dispensers. -__-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Or a 'clatter', when freshly shod.

I always thought it was a 'few' or a 'load' myself!! :D :P :P!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sensitive teeth - it feels awful! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Kids running down the opposite direction of an escalator/travelator.

Mine always seem to be bus-related...I think I'll start walking to work...

When someone gets onto a bus and walks really slowly down the aisle trying to decide on a seat/take in their surroundings, and then the bus pulls off and they stutter and fall their way to a seat. Just fuucking hurry up and get to your seat so you wont be falling all over the place!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Mine always seem to be bus-related...I think I'll start walking to work...

When someone gets onto a bus and walks really slowly down the aisle tryign to decide on a seat/take in their surroundings, and then the bus pulls off and they stutter and fall their way to a seat. Just fuucking hurry up and get to your seat so you wont be falling all over the place!

I've just noticed the capital "I" in your username... why? whY? :(

Only messing :D

Yeah but would the bus driver in that case not be in the wrong though for pulling off while people were still unseated or not secured?

I don't know, just I see it happen a lot too with old grannys and what have you, one woman I picked up off the floor was only after getting out of the hospital and still had the stitches in her hip (I don't make a habit of picking up grannies on buses! That's what the bingo nights are for :D).

Oh yeah actually, there's one that annoys me- bus drivers who stutter park- they park the bus, you think they're stopped so you get up to disembark, and suddenly the fcuker starts moving again because they want to be all nice and square to the pavement. Park properly the first time and they wouldn't have that problem!

I've just noticed the capital "I" in your username... why? whY? :(

Only messing :D

Yeah but would the bus driver in that case not be in the wrong though for pulling off while people were still unseated or not secured?

I don't know, just I see it happen a lot too with old grannys and what have you, one woman I picked up off the floor was only after getting out of the hospital and still had the stitches in her hip (I don't make a habit of picking up grannies on buses! That's what the bingo nights are for :D).

Oh yeah actually, there's one that annoys me- bus drivers who stutter park- they park the bus, you think they're stopped so you get up to disembark, and suddenly the fcuker starts moving again because they want to be all nice and square to the pavement. Park properly the first time and they wouldn't have that problem!

I know! It's trivial and annoys me too! :D

I hate when you're sitting on the outside of a seat and the person on the inside decides to get up as the bus is turning a corner! I usually make them wait until it's safe to stand ;) Or when they decide to get up but you can't move because there are people coming down from behind :o Or when they start foostering and getting all their things together and you're perched, ready to move out of the way but the fuuckers keep sitting there :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

[...]

I'm guessing you're not talking about Dublin Bus here? People standing while the bus is moving is fairly commonplace - there's room for ~27 people to stand (acc to the plaque at the front of the bus anyway). Also, in many cases, if you wait til the bus pulls in to get up from your seat, you'll miss your stop. Navigating the stairs while the bus turns a corner is great craic :pac:

My public-transport-based trivial annoyance of the day is similar to OldNotWIse's post: people who are too slow to move towards the exit when the Luas stops at the station. I can see them edging far too slowly towards the doors and I start feeling panicked for them cause I know they won't make it before the doors close again. Makes my commute far more stressful than it should be :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement