Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm guessing you're not talking about Dublin Bus here? People standing while the bus is moving is fairly commonplace - there's room for ~27 people to stand (acc to the plaque at the front of the bus anyway). Also, in many cases, if you wait til the bus pulls in to get up from your seat, you'll miss your stop. Navigating the stairs while the bus turns a corner is great craic :pac:

My public-transport-based trivial annoyance of the day is similar to OldNotWIse's post: people who are too slow to move towards the exit when the Luas stops at the station. I can see them edging far too slowly towards the doors and I start feeling panicked for them cause I know they won't make it before the doors close again. Makes my commute far more stressful than it should be :o

Yes it is DB, but the situation I refer to is when there are still free seats and nobody standing, but when you cant get up to let the inside person out because all the ones at the back are also getting off.

I figure the slow coaches deserve to miss their stop :) Oh know whats also annoying? (this is a bit mean) but when there are people on it who clearly are not familiar with it and when it pulls in at the lights at Easons on Abbey street, they start frantically trying to open the doors :D Actually its not annoying its just hilarious.

Hate when you're waiting to get off and some eejit starts pushing past you to get off too. Obviously they think you're not going to be, but it's really irritating - I'm getting off here too numpty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

People who say "simples" at the end of a sentence when they have just explained something. it drives me nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

pauliebdub wrote: »
    People who say "simples" at the end of a sentence when they have just explained something. it drives me nuts!

I blame the Russian stereotype meerkats for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I blame the Russian stereotype meerkats for this.

But they so cute...! :3

People who use any of the following words/terms on boards

* strawman
    *glib
    *disingenuous
    *actually read the thread
    *hyperbole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

cash paying passengers who accidentally on purpose collide with bus pass holders, because they boarded just ahead of me, there are no bus pass holders befoe me in the queue. Most of the time they are European, same age or younger than me.

A woman got on the bus (here I go again ffs) before me the other day and did the usual had to ask the driver where she was going, where to get off, how much it was etc. That was tolerable but then she did this really annoying thing when she was paying. She picked each coin out of her purse and placed it in the coin box separately! It was so annoying! Dip in for 20c, place it in box. Dip in and take a coin out - examine it - yes it's 5c, drop in box, dip in again...

ffs I nearly belted her with her purse. Silly b1tch!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A woman got on the bus (here I go again ffs) before me the other day and did the usual had to ask the driver where she was going, where to get off, how much it was etc. That was tolerable but then she did this really annoying thing when she was paying. She picked each coin out of her purse and placed it in the coin box separately! It was so annoying! Dip in for 20c, place it in box. Dip in and take a coin out - examine it - yes it's 5c, drop in box, dip in again...

ffs I nearly belted her with her purse. Silly b1tch!

Bus W*nker!

Bus W*nker!

Me? :eek: :)

No the woman with the purse of coppers!

• Advertisement

Although you do take the bus :rolleyes:

No the woman with the purse of coppers!

Must've been one hell of a strong woman to be able to lug around more than one person, were they midgets ? :pac:

Landlords/letting agents who put very few or very silly photos up of the property they are trying to rent.

"Oh look honey, this apartment has a toilet seat and a car parking space"

"I don't know love, I think I prefer this one with 3 kitchen presses and a shelf in the bathroom filled with shampoo"

"Or maybe this one - it's got a double bed and a wheelie bin!"

So many photos just showing stuff thats supposed to be there, like beds and sinks and front doors. ffs.

"Or maybe this one - it's got a double bed and a wheelie bin!"

What the hell's a wheelie bin doing in the bedroom? :confused:

BeerWolf wrote: »
    What the hell's a wheelie bin doing in the bedroom? :confused:

So you've somewhere to dump the used condoms, tampons and makeup remover pads...and it only needs changing once a year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

So you've somewhere to dump the used condoms, tampons and makeup remover pads...and it only needs changing once a year ;)

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

That's enough internet for today :(

Czarcasm wrote: »
    ed-nortan-laptop.gif

That's enough internet for today :(

I'm sorry :(

I'm sorry :(

Ahh only messing o wise one, I'm well used to any amount of euphemisms for periods, that's a trivial annoyance actually, the amount of names girls come up with for their period! :confused:

Actually euphemisms in general annoy me because it takes me a bit to figure out what they mean! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I know! It's trivial and annoys me too! :D

I hate when you're sitting on the outside of a seat and the person on the inside decides to get up as the bus is turning a corner! I usually make them wait until it's safe to stand ;) Or when they decide to get up but you can't move because there are people coming down from behind :o Or when they start foostering and getting all their things together and you're perched, ready to move out of the way but the fuuckers keep sitting there :mad:
    What about when you're on the outside seat, and the person on the inside seat is getting off. But it's you're stop too, they stand up about 1km before their stop. Have they missed stops because they stood up to late before or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I flipping hate the way when u sign out of hotmail it redirects you to the MSN homepage!!

• Advertisement

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I flipping hate the way when u sign out of hotmail it redirects you to the MSN homepage!!

Have you not been upgraded to Outlook.com?

That doesn't redirect as far as I know, but I have my e-mail on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Have you not been upgraded to Outlook.com?

That doesn't redirect as far as I know, but I have my e-mail on the phone.

yes I upgraded but I still call it hotmail out of habit! It still redirects you. :(

Ahh only messing o wise one, I'm well used to any amount of euphemisms for periods, that's a trivial annoyance actually, the amount of names girls come up with for their period! :confused:

Actually euphemisms in general annoy me because it takes me a bit to figure out what they mean! :o

Guilty as charged. Went through a "Mr P" phase - cringe :o

Shop assistants asking if they can help you with anything. Drives me mad. If I need help I will ask for it. When they pounce on you as soon as you enter, it just gives the impression they've nothing better to do, or they think you are up to no good. I usually just look them up and down and say "I dont think so", before floating off, twirling a lock of hair on my finger and generally being super bitch. I love it mwahahaaaaa (hate myself for it really)

Tailgaters - You're going at 50 in a 50 zone, and some douchebag is pressuring you to go faster... like you're obliged to their whims. And then when they overtake you they give you the stare.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,605 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Shop assistants who throw the plastic bag on top of your items as you pay for what you've bought and then sigh when you don't have the bag somehow packed instantaneously. A little assistance wouldn't go astray.

People who act surprised when they're asked to pay for their goods at the checkout and then have to rood through a bag to get a purse and take forever to do it.

I should probably just do all of my shopping online.

Something I notice with some alarm lately. If you cross the road against the lights and there's a car coming (ok I know its "bad" and "wrong") but you know you've time to get across, and the driver actually speeds up and drives nearer you to "scare" you or teach you a lesson or something? wtf is that? This is how people are killed! And how small is your penis if you have to pretend you're going to hit two women to make yourself feel like a big man? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭bren2001

Something I notice with some alarm lately. If you cross the road against the lights and there's a car coming (ok I know its "bad" and "wrong") but you know you've time to get across, and the driver actually speeds up and drives nearer you to "scare" you or teach you a lesson or something? wtf is that? This is how people are killed! And how small is your penis if you have to pretend you're going to hit two women to make yourself feel like a big man? ;)

Pretty small but I get my kicks out of it.

Shop assistants asking if they can help you with anything. Drives me mad. If I need help I will ask for it. When they pounce on you as soon as you enter, it just gives the impression they've nothing better to do, or they think you are up to no good. I usually just look them up and down and say "I dont think so", before floating off, twirling a lock of hair on my finger and generally being super bitch. I love it mwahahaaaaa (hate myself for it really)

I get the opposite effect any time I'm in Dunnes Stores or Tesco. People coming up to me asking me do I know where such and such is or do I know the price of such and such. I usually just direct them to the nearest staff member or if there's not one in sight I know where everything is and the price of stuff anyway. Sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it's funny when you bring them over to a staff member and they go "You don't work here?"... "No." :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What an outrageously stupid and dangerous thing to do. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement