Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I get the opposite effect any time I'm in Dunnes Stores or Tesco. People coming up to me asking me do I know where such and such is or do I know the price of such and such. I usually just direct them to the nearest staff member or if there's not one in sight I know where everything is and the price of stuff anyway. Sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it's funny when you bring them over to a staff member and they go "You don't work here?"... "No." :pac:

Stop dressing like a Dunnes staff member when you go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Shop assistants asking if they can help you with anything. Drives me mad. If I need help I will ask for it. When they pounce on you as soon as you enter, it just gives the impression they've nothing better to do, or they think you are up to no good. I usually just look them up and down and say "I dont think so", before floating off, twirling a lock of hair on my finger and generally being super bitch. I love it mwahahaaaaa (hate myself for it really)

Just for the record, some shop assistants HAVE to do that, it's part of their job description. I know people who work in certain clothes stores and who would be in trouble if a manager saw them not greeting customers immediately.

It annoys me too - so much so that in the past I would have avoided a couple shops if there were no other customers - but they're probably just following orders rather than making any judgement on you...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Something I notice with some alarm lately. If you cross the road against the lights and there's a car coming (ok I know its "bad" and "wrong") but you know you've time to get across, and the driver actually speeds up and drives nearer you to "scare" you or teach you a lesson or something? wtf is that? This is how people are killed! And how small is your penis if you have to pretend you're going to hit two women to make yourself feel like a big man? ;)

Yeah, I've had that. Dicks, the lot of them.

Also I hate when it's been raining and some nematode decides to deliberately drive into that puddle and saturate you. Grrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I get the opposite effect any time I'm in Dunnes Stores or Tesco. People coming up to me asking me do I know where such and such is or do I know the price of such and such. I usually just direct them to the nearest staff member or if there's not one in sight I know where everything is and the price of stuff anyway. Sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it's funny when you bring them over to a staff member and they go "You don't work here?"... "No." :pac:

lol, I get small old ladies asking me to take things off high shelves for them. I don't mind doing it to help them out, and I don't charge that much ;)

old hippy wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had that. Dicks, the lot of them.

Also I hate when it's been raining and some nematode decides to deliberately drive into that puddle and saturate you. Grrr!

Thought I was maybe being paranoid :o It's actually frightening how aggressive people can become when behind the wheel. Never had the puddle experience but that's super mean :eek:

• Advertisement

Thought I was maybe being paranoid :o It's actually frightening how aggressive people can become when behind the wheel. Never had the puddle experience but that's super mean :eek:

Darn tootin! I was on my way to the venue of choice, dressed to impress, if you know what I mean and arrived a sorry mess, drowned looking and unclean :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

A couple of years ago a few guys filmed themselves splashing kids. They put it on youtube and were found and prosecuted for assault.

I think you can be done for driving without due care and attention for splashing people. You'd have to report it to the Gardaí of course and even then it would be your word against theirs.

I think you can be done for driving without due care and attention for splashing people. You'd have to report it to the Gardaí of course and even then it would be your word against theirs.

I'd be laughed out of the station if I reported it to the met :D

I was threatened and abused by a fellow Irishperson on the streets of London some years back - on the same stretch of road - and that, I did report.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Garzard wrote: »
    "Baby on Board" signs.

Just car stickers in general. They aren't EVER funny. EVER.
    My other car is a porsche - no it's not
    Dads taxi - fúck off muppet.
    I seen one the other day on a little boy racer car, said "my other toy has tits" - first thing i though was a blow up doll.

If i ever get onto room 101 - car stickers are going in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Shop assistants asking if they can help you with anything. Drives me mad. If I need help I will ask for it. When they pounce on you as soon as you enter, it just gives the impression they've nothing better to do, or they think you are up to no good. I usually just look them up and down and say "I dont think so", before floating off, twirling a lock of hair on my finger and generally being super bitch. I love it mwahahaaaaa (hate myself for it really)

As a former retail worker that's something they have to do, not want to do, most shop assistants don't really care if you need help or not :pac: nor do they really want to sell you tat on the counter for 3.99 because you bought something else. I hated that sh1t.

krudler wrote: »
    As a former retail worker that's something they have to do, not want to do, most shop assistants don't really care if you need help or not :pac: nor do they really want to sell you tat on the counter for 3.99 because you bought something else. I hated that sh1t.

Oh yeah when they ask if you wanna buy xy or z at the till? :) Feel a bit bad now :o

Just car stickers in general. They aren't EVER funny. EVER.
    My other car is a porsche - no it's not
    Dads taxi - fúck off muppet.
    I seen one the other day on a little boy racer car, said "my other toy has tits" - first thing i though was a blow up doll.

If i ever get onto room 101 - car stickers are going in!

I stand by my ironic sticker of "Dogs on Board". People need to take care when I am transporting my b1tches! Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A couple of years ago a few guys filmed themselves splashing kids. They put it on youtube and were found and prosecuted for assault.

So... you were annoyed that they got prosecuted? :confused:

BeerWolf wrote: »
    So... you were annoyed that they got prosecuted? :confused:

lol no it was part of an earlier series of people getting splashed by cars. This is not a trivial things that annoys me.
    Rain getting in my shoe and wetting my sock is a trivial thing that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Oh yeah when they ask if you wanna buy xy or z at the till? :) Feel a bit bad now :o

There's this one shop in the square in tallaght, can't remember it's name but it sells the same sort of stuff as boots. When you get to the till they ask, "would you like any phone credit, or stamps?" eh, no - just the pile of crap i have in my hands please! Bugs the shít out of me!

There's this one shop in the square in tallaght, can't remember it's name but it sells the same sort of stuff as boots. When you get to the till they ask, "would you like any phone credit, or stamps?" eh, no - just the pile of crap i have in my hands please! Bugs the shít out of me!

Yeah, I get that in WH Smiths. I realise the staff are told to do it but it is a wee bit tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

AIB portlaoise, every time I'm here the queue is so long. Ugh!

OT, but can I withdraw cash using my passport if this isn't my usual branch??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Noise, I'm surrounded by it this week and it's annoying the hell out of me as I'm stressed out anyway. 2 doors down from us(terraced house), is being gutted after the tank in the attack burst and destroyed the place. So sledgehammers and hammering a go go since yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

not being able to have the threesome I so desire with the mother daughter combo that work in my local credit union

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

AIB portlaoise, every time I'm here the queue is so long. Ugh!

OT, but can I withdraw cash using my passport if this isn't my usual branch??

You'll have to give the bank teller a cuddle!

No, seriously, depends on the bank teller, a passport is a legal document form of identification, so just explain to the teller (or sweet talk them, your choice, depending on how bad you want the money), and you should be alright.

Thanks C...got it no bother. The gun and balaclava helped I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Stop dressing like a Dunnes staff member when you go shopping.

It's the cheap suit and the dopey head - management material all over :pac:

Thanks C...got it no bother. The gun and balaclava helped I think!

Tis my money Father, I just didn't want to fill out the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Noise, I'm surrounded by it this week and it's annoying the hell out of me as I'm stressed out anyway. 2 doors down from us(terraced house), is being gutted after the tank in the attack burst and destroyed the place. So sledgehammers and hammering a go go since yesterday.

There is currently a marching band rehearsing on the football pitch 100m from my house. They've been there two or three hours a day for the last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

SKY REMOTE AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm eating spinach, pine nut pasta salad...it tastes like billy roll!! was really looking forward to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭paulbok

The full screen ads on the RTE news app (iphone).
    Every time you click into, or out of a story it pops up and has to be closed.
    There was one a few weeks ago that was on for a week and now another one.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When you use an ATM and it waits until after you put in your pin and wait ages only to tell you that it only has 50's, sigh. some of them do tell you beforehand but its usually the crappy ones in shops and petrol stations that make you wait there forever before telling you it has no 20's. grrrrrrrr.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    When you use an ATM and it waits until after you put in your pin and wait ages only to tell you that it only has 50's, sigh. some of them do tell you beforehand but its usually the crappy ones in shops and petrol stations that make you wait there forever before telling you it has no 20's. grrrrrrrr.

Yes, and thats after the "do you want English or Irish" jig, and followed by "do you want a receipt?" "oh actually we dont have any", "do you wish to proceed anyway?" "are you sure?" "look after the environment y'all, dont be putting them there receipts on the ground!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement