Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Truck drivers who drive up and down a road on the way to my home to a quarry. The road is narrow enough as it is but the speed they go at is downright dangerous at times! Today after meeting one I had to reverse back a bit and there was a laneway they could have pulled into on their side of the road where we both could have easily passed at the same time. But oh no after a series of hand gestures indicating that I should cross the road into the laneway that they could easily have pulled into and leaving me to reverse back out onto the road. Not even a salute of gratitude after doing so :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who behave as if they are the first ones ever to procreate. I've a relative who had a baby 14 months ago (you'd think the novelty would have worn off by now) and every time I check my FB feed, I am greeted with pure drivel about baby yoga, baby signlanguage etc. I'd be afraid to teach my baby sign language in case it didn't bother learning to speak :D ffs - how did the rest of us survive without interpretative dance for tots and placenta smoothies? Their child will likely grow up thoroughly average and they'll all be so depressed they'll have to end it there and then. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who behave as if they are the first ones ever to procreate. I've a relative who had a baby 14 months ago (you'd think the novelty would have worn off by now) and every time I check my FB feed, I am greeted with pure drivel about baby yoga, baby signlanguage etc. I'd be afraid to teach my baby sign language in case it didn't bother learning to speak :D ffs - how did the rest if us survive without interpretative dance for tots and placenta smoothies? Their child will likely grow up thoroughly average and they'll all be so depressed they'll have to end it there and then. :o

Optimist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Truck drivers who drive up and down a road on the way to my home to a quarry. The road is narrow enough as it is but the speed they go at is downright dangerous at times! Today after meeting one I had to reverse back a bit and there was a laneway they could have pulled into on their side of the road where we both could have easily passed at the same time. But oh no after a series of hand gestures indicating that I should cross the road into the laneway that they could easily have pulled into and leaving me to reverse back out onto the road. Not even a salute of gratitude after doing so :mad:

But if there was any risk of the ground being soft, it's not worth the risk, especially if he was loaded.

If you went in and got stuck, it would be relatively minor to get you out; in fact he could pull you out himself with a decent rope.

If he went in and got stuck, would have to let off the load and potentially get a crane or something to pull him out.

Would have no problem with that in the slightest.

Padkir wrote: »
    But if there was any risk of the ground being soft, it's not worth the risk, especially if he was loaded.

If you went in and got stuck, it would be relatively minor to get you out; in fact he could pull you out himself with a decent rope.

If he went in and got stuck, would have to let off the load and potentially get a crane or something to pull him out.

Would have no problem with that in the slightest.

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough but there was honestly plenty of room to pull in there and it's a level bit of ground where I've met other trucks/tractors with trailers/milk lorries etc have all pulled in there with no issue in the past. An area wider and longer than the vehicle no way it could get stuck or have anything bad happen.

Obviously if it was dangerous for the truck to pull in there I'd have been happy enough to do it. However it just struck me as being lazy/arrogant behaviour and was the nonchalant manner and lack of gratitude that annoyed me most!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough but there was honestly plenty of room to pull in there and it's a level bit of ground where I've met other trucks/tractors with trailers/milk lorries etc have all pulled in there with no issue in the past. An area wider and longer than the vehicle no way it could get stuck or have anything bad happen.

Obviously if it was dangerous for the truck to pull in there I'd have been happy enough to do it. However it just struck me as being lazy/arrogant behaviour and was the nonchalant manner and lack of gratitude that annoyed me most!

Hmmm, ok, no real excuse for it then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People who behave as if they are the first ones ever to procreate. I've a relative who had a baby 14 months ago (you'd think the novelty would have worn off by now) and every time I check my FB feed, I am greeted with pure drivel about baby yoga, baby signlanguage etc. I'd be afraid to teach my baby sign language in case it didn't bother learning to speak :D ffs - how did the rest of us survive without interpretative dance for tots and placenta smoothies? Their child will likely grow up thoroughly average and they'll all be so depressed they'll have to end it there and then. :o

The brother was something like that, baby couldn't take a piss without him shoving it up on facebook. So a week later my other brother just took him off his friends list, had no problem telling him exactly why either when the brother called to say "WTF! You unfriended me?" :D

Yeah, there's one- this whole friending and unfriending terminology, it's cringeworthy.

Bad enough when I have to say to someone when talking to them "I'm trying to think how to put this in business speak", and they say "Well you have to try"...

"Fcuk you" doesn't translate. I could've use sign language, there's one universal sign they'd have understood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

It's a quiet room, everyone working away. Then it starts. That one person who decides to eat an apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

People who behave as if they are the first ones ever to procreate.

The missus was in her parents house the other day while they happened to be babysitting her sisters kid (about 18months old, they mind her 1 day a week for past year or so, this was not the first day). First the kids mother rang to break the news that seeing as it was such a warm day, if the kid was too hot they could take off her jumper, then the father rang to say that if she was rubbing her eyes that probably means she's tired.
    FFS, these people raised 5 kids of their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How slow the Paddy Power website is!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Mouth ulcers. Cant enjoy eating anything when ya have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bent politicians or is there any other kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Cold sores, big f@*king ugly itchy things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Very very trivial but, Michaella mc collums stupid bun haircut annoys me, shes all over the news with the hair the same way and its been over a week let the damn hair down! i know she has a lot of other worries right now so her hairstyle is probably the last thing on her mind but it looks silly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Very very trivial but, Michaella mc collums stupid bun haircut annoys me, shes all over the news with the hair the same way and its been over a week let the damn hair down! i know she has a lot of other worries right now so her hairstyle is probably the last thing on her mind but it looks silly!

It's really bugging me too. This is going to sound very petty, but it is AH. The photos of her on the news make her look like a hooker. I find it kind of funny when I see her now I automatically think 'Coke and Hookers':D

I'll get my coat

There is currently a marching band rehearsing on the football pitch 100m from my house. They've been there two or three hours a day for the last week :(
    I feel your pain, we're still listening to it today and Mr P is on nights this week. Got feck all sleep last night, the next door gobs*ite and pal fell in next door sh*tfaced in the early hours, the girlfriend arrived an hour later and tramped about on wood floors in stillettos for ages. Blood pressure and urge to kill rising steadily:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I feel your pain, we're still listening to it today and Mr P is on nights this week. Got feck all sleep last night, the next door gobs*ite and pal fell in next door sh*tfaced in the early hours, the girlfriend arrived an hour later and tramped about on wood floors in stillettos for ages. Blood pressure and urge to kill rising steadily:mad:

Guilty as charged. Went through a "Mr P" phase - cringe :o

Think you two might want to have a word... :pac:

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Think you two might want to have a word... :pac:

I'm a Mr.P :eek:

*backs away slowly*

Hee hee, is OK, my Mr P is a boards user too:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I bought hair dye and A home waxing kit. Im sitting here waiting for the hair dye to....dye. then I have to wash it off in The shower, then wax, then cry, then shower again.

God I just want to be pretty :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I bought hair dye and A home waxing kit. Im sitting here waiting for the hair dye to....dye. then I have to wash it off in The shower, then wax, then cry, then shower again.

God I just want to be pretty :(

If only you didn't hate cuddles so much, I could comfort you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wonder have they checked her big bun for drugs? You could fit a lot of cocaine in there :pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If only you didn't hate cuddles so much, I could comfort you.

You could wax my legs for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

May have been already said (didn't read the thread) but...

people that wear scarves inside as a fashion accessory...drives me nuts for some reason!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You could wax my legs for me?

Emmm ,,, whats that over there ....

*** runs away **

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

May have been already said (didn't read the thread) but...

people that wear scarves inside as a fashion accessory...drives me nuts for some reason!!:mad:
    And men who drape a jumper over their shoulders and sometimes will tie the sleeves in a loose knot like Carlton Banks. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

And men who drape a jumper over their shoulders and sometimes will tie the sleeves in a loose knot like Carlton Banks. :mad:
    The famous 'catalogue' look.

My boyfriend is 31 and ties it around his waist!! haven't seen that since I was 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Pffffft....all amateurs. My oh is so manly he doesnt do jumpers...even in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Just one word.....fascinators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement