Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

The 'Gaeilge / English' option at Bank of Ireland ATM's.

Sheer tokenism, which just gets in the way of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

A fly walking across the TV screen. Especially repeat offenders. feels like they're taking the piss.
    Baby on board stickers on cars. or worse still,little princess on board. I know a girl who has one of them. She's 25, single, childless, in no possible way a princess, and hasn't been little since '98.
    The way mother's get should blinding allocated parking at supermarkets, right outside the door they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People who put fake badges on their car. Like putting a red TDI badge on Volkswagen on M sport badge on a BMW when they're not. Why would you? It's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Rasheed wrote: »
    People who put fake badges on their car. Like putting a red TDI badge on Volkswagen on M sport badge on a BMW when they're not. Why would you? It's sad.

Like that episode of Top Gear where Jeremy's car has the supersport SS badge included in the service history documents and meant his car had something like 100 less bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not read anything in this thread, off the top of my head;

-Text speak on forums, chat programs or mobile phone text messages.

-People taking an hour to take €20 out at the ATM

-Cashiers that don't even acknowledge your existence while you pay for something. Also cashiers that dick around doing nothing and don't apologise for the delay when they finally get around to serving you.

-People that use a laser card to pay for 3 euro worth of shopping.

-People that walk slowly in front of me.

-People walking down busy streets abruptly stopping in middle of said street.

-Anyone who populates the back row of the top deck of any bus.

-Anyone who on a busy bus, refuses to let anyone sit down beside them and parks their bag there.

-People who spam Facebook with irrelevant **** no-one cares about

-People who go to the gym and do nothing but bicep curls for the entire time they're there.

-People who hog a piece of equipment in the gym and spend the entire time on their phone.

-People who wait til they're told how much their shopping is and spend an hour fishing through their wallet to pay.

-The use of the words 'banter', 'epic'.

-TV ads being deafeningly loud.

-Anyone in the cinema who spends the entire movie talking/texting etc etc.

-People who complain about movies/tv shows they've never watched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Not read anything in this thread

- People who wade into a thread and without reading it, mention numerous things that have been mentioned numerous times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

middle aged men's fat jowls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Czarcasm wrote: »
    - People who wade into a thread and without reading it, mention numerous things that have been mentioned numerous times already.

You'd quickly lose the will to live if you tried to read through the whole of this thread.

Reading through a lot of these posts, I reckon hermitry should be the choice of lifestyle for a fair few people on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yamanoto wrote: »
    The 'Gaeilge / English' option at Bank of Ireland ATM's.

Sheer tokenism, which just gets in the way of the process.

You probably get an extra 25c into your account if you select Irish

You'd quickly lose the will to live if you tried to read through the whole of this thread.

Reading through a lot of these posts, I reckon hermitry should be the choice of lifestyle for a fair few people on here.

Where does one sign up? :P I'm a 29 year old out and out crank. I dread to think what i'll be like in 40 years :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You probably get an extra 25c into your account if you select Irish

they should take the 25c off the account for wasting everyone's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

And men who drape a jumper over their shoulders and sometimes will tie the sleeves in a loose knot like Carlton Banks. :mad:

There's a scene in one of the 'Fifty Shades' books (:o) where Christian artfully drapes a cable sweater around his shoulders, and Ana stands there gaping at how gorgeous he looks. It made me laugh because the mental image I immediately got was of one of the men on the knitting patterns my mam has from the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Czarcasm wrote: »

- People that don't read the thread's title. :pac:

i.e. - "Trivial things that annoy YOU", the poster's own list of annoyances. This isn't a collaboration to add to a list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Drunken people who complain about people talking loudly on the bus, not realising they are being even louder and more obnoxious than the person on the phone.

Drunken people who finish off their can of Kestrel and push their way onto aforementioned bus.

Also,

Drunken people.

Buses.

Kestrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Neighbours dogs barking even though you've asked them multiple times to stop, settling down for a lazy Saturday or Sunday then it starts and you know you're in for 6 hours of a dog roaring its head off because its been left at home while theyve gone out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thargor wrote: »
    Neighbours dogs barking even though you've asked them multiple times to stop

Dogs don't understand English.

Serious answer: I've never met a pet owner who can control their pet's vocal output.

There are 5 euro collars on Ebay that will give them either a little shock or a spray of mist in the face if they bark, 2-3 days of wearing those and the problem would go away, its just pure ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Neighbours dogs barking even though you've asked them multiple times to stop, settling down for a lazy Saturday or Sunday then it starts and you know you're in for 6 hours of a dog roaring its head off because its been left at home while theyve gone out.

I hear you. My neighbour's dog is (amazingly!) fine when left alone in the back garden when there's no-one at home. When the owner arrives home it's a different story, barking, scraping the back door, trying to jump in the kitchen window (!), he just wants to be inside with his owner.
    Staring him down with an unblinking expression from an upstairs window works for me to shut him up so I can get a bit of peace.

There are 5 euro collars on Ebay that will give them either a little shock or a spray of mist in the face if they bark, 2-3 days of wearing those and the problem would go away, its just pure ignorance.

Then along comes a burglar and the dog doesn't bark to alert you.

/derp :pac:

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a dog in the garden...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

BeerWolf wrote: »

Buy an alarm and let your neighbours sleep in peace.

• Advertisement

What good's a house alarm if some knacker's stealing something outside ?

What good is a house alarm if some knacker's stealing something outside ?

The dogs bark non-stop all the time, what good is that as a burglar alarm?

Everyone hates yappers, but you can always train the dog. You can't discredit the usefulness of a dog to alert you of the presence of someone on your property.

Well he'd be like the stopped clock that's right twice a day I suppose...he's statistically likely to be barking when someone intrudes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Everyone hates yappers, but you can always train the dog. You can't discredit the usefulness of a dog to alert you of the presence of someone on your property.

The owners haven't trained the dog though, thats what is annoying.

These dogs can be dismissed as completely useless noise machines and if you saw them you would agree, Im not complaining about fully trained alsatians here Im talking about a dog that barks non-stop in a repetitive way for 6-7-8 hours at a time when the neighbours leave the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

All the purple sweets in Starburst sweets :( I don't like the purple ones they're mank!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

These dogs can be dismissed as completely useless noise machines and if you saw them you would agree, Im not complaining about fully trained alsatians here Im talking about a dog that barks non-stop in a repetitive way for 6-7-8 hours at a time when the neighbours leave the house.
    The dog is lonely and bored, it's your human neighbours that are the problem, not the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

1. Dart ticket getting stuck in machine. Trapped in four stations so far this week.
    2. Avoiding people on the street that are busy texting on their phone. What did people do before mobiles?
    3. People who don't get the concept of queing or think it doesn't apply to them.

• Advertisement

The dog is lonely and bored, it's your human neighbours that are the problem, not the dog.
    No sh!t, I wasnt calling the dog ignorant or trying to reason with it believe it or not...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement