Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    1. Dart ticket getting stuck in machine. Trapped in four stations so far this week.
    Why havent you got a LEAP card if you use the DART that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thargor wrote: »
    Why havent you got a LEAP card if you use the DART that much?

I only kinda looked at it and dismissed it. Had a feeling it wasn't saving that much money and heard it doesn't always tag on / off which can lead to fines. I'll look at it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who don't look where they are fuucking going. You can see them coming and know they are going to turn around into you or hit you with their elbow or something.

Junkies screaming at each other across Abbey Street.

How women manage to take so long in fitting rooms even where there is a limit to how much you can bring in.

People who wait until they are at the top of the queue in McDonalds to ask their kids what they want.

Shops that have a minimum spend on cards.

The way I can never find anything in a pharmacy without looking suspicious.

The bit of fat in an otherwise tasty sausage.

People who say "oh hi" rather than "hi" when you answer the phone, like they are surprised you answered or something.

The explosion of "deals" and "escapes" that have hit the market, with super annoying words such as trendy/lashings/choose/grab/pick/ultimate/kick-back/idyllic/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »

The explosion of "deals" and "escapes" that have hit the market, with super annoying words such as trendy/lashings/choose/grab/pick/ultimate/kick-back/idyllic/

+1. A case in point being "Escape to Portlaoise"!

This too. I saw the very thing last week, female junkie shouting at her boyfriend who was walking 30 feet ahead: "I'm not a fukkin' junkie...RIGH'? ". Rotten.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    +1. A case in point being "Escape to Portlaoise"!

This too. I saw the very thing last week, female junkie shouting at her boyfriend who was walking 30 feet ahead: "I'm not a fukkin' junkie...RIGH'? ". Rotten.

ha more like escape from....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

When someone starts a new thread and the second poster quotes the opening post.. does my head in especially when its a long post and I'm reading on the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

When an ATM queue sticks straight out, blocking the footpath, when there's ample room to queue along the side of the building impeding no-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Thargor wrote: »
    Neighbours dogs barking even though you've asked them multiple times to stop, settling down for a lazy Saturday or Sunday then it starts and you know you're in for 6 hours of a dog roaring its head off because its been left at home while theyve gone out.

I don't think this is trivial at all. It can lead to severe sleep deprivation and a miserable existence for everyone who is forced to listen to it day and night.

There are a number of small, yappy dogs around here that bark incessantly, despite complaints being made to the owners and the council.

Steep fines need to be doled out to these idiots who have no respect for their neighbours or their pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Smarmy Atheists. Just because you read The God Delusion does not make you an expert or give you the authority to talk down to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

It annoys me when I'm sitting on an otherwise empty train/bus etc. and someone gets on and sits either right beside or right opposite me. I automatically think, oh here we go this weirdos going to chat my ear off with some boring/unnerving/depressing story.

Example; Sitting on the bus of an evening on my way into town and a man gets on and sits down beside me breathing heavily. He then apologised if he smelled bad but said he was sweating a lot. He was running late to meet some important friends in town (he was in the movie business you see) and had to run for the bus. He continued to talk about his glittering movie biz lifestyle even though I had given absolutely no indication that I was interested in hearing about it.

Also, one or both of my nostrils gets blocked nearly every night as I'm going to bed. That's a bit annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Smarmy Atheists. Just because you read The God Delusion does not make you an expert or give you the authority to talk down to people.

Just because others have a religion it's no reason the rest of us should have to live by their rules and laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

The complete deflation that I feel when I peel a lovely juicy looking mandarin only to find that it is a shrivelled up, wrinkly ball of tastlessness shite. It is ESPECIALLY annoying when it's a brand new bag of feckin oranges. :mad:

While we're on the topic of oranges, what is with those bloody nets they are sold in? Nearly rip my fingers open trying to reach the oranges only to have to go get a knife to open the net. FFS why put something so delicious into something so inaccessible???

I eat alot of oranges :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The complete deflation that I feel when I peel a lovely juicy looking mandarin only to find that it is a shrivelled up, wrinkly ball of tastlessness shite. It is ESPECIALLY annoying when it's a brand new bag of feckin oranges. :mad:

While we're on the topic of oranges, what is with those bloody nets they are sold in? Nearly rip my fingers open trying to reach the oranges only to have to go get a knife to open the net. FFS why put something so delicious into something so inaccessible???

I eat alot of oranges :o

Taxi drivers that talk too much in the morning. You've had a bad night. You've clearly not had the best morning if you have to waste money on a taxi because a bus will never get you in for nine. All you want is to get from A to B in peace. I usually end up feeling like I am intervieing for my own job when I tell them where I work (an inevitability as that's where I'm going lol).

Had one this morning who actually slowed down the car to speak, and took ages taking off at lights because he was so into the conversation and chewing my ear off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

cassid wrote: »
    I notice the older I get the more things annoy me.

I agree with you on that one ..... I'm gradually turning into victor meldrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Taxi drivers that talk too much in the morning. You've had a bad night. You've clearly not had the best morning if you have to waste money on a taxi because a bus will never get you in for nine. All you want is to get from A to B in peace. I usually end up feeling like I am intervieing for my own job when I tell them where I work (an inevitability as that's where I'm going lol).

Had one this morning who actually slowed down the car to speak, and took ages taking off at lights because he was so into the conversation and chewing my ear off :mad:

This is why I'll normally sit in the back of cabs when I'm on my own. Drivers then think you're a stuck up prick and don't want to talk to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

When you go to bed and you think your are under the sheet and duvet but really you just got inbetween them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was drinking all day at a mates house. get a taxi home round 2 am or so.

Taxi man asking me tax advice on an inheritance he got. I do work in finance sector.

Racking my drunken brain back to college days for Tax part of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People who don't look where they are fuucking going. You can see them coming and know they are going to turn around into you or hit you with their elbow or something.

How women manage to take so long in fitting rooms even where there is a limit to how much you can bring in.

People who wait until they are at the top of the queue in McDonalds to ask their kids what they want.

Shops that have a minimum spend on cards.

The way I can never find anything in a pharmacy without looking suspicious.

The bit of fat in an otherwise tasty sausage.

People who say "oh hi" rather than "hi" when you answer the phone, like they are surprised you answered or something.

This is because they try everything in combinations. If Dolores takes in 3 tops, a pair of jeans and a skirt she will try the 3 tops on with the jeans and then try them on with the skirt too. More clothes=more combinations=longer spent in changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This is because they try everything in combinations. If Dolores takes in 3 tops, a pair of jeans and a skirt she will try the 3 tops on with the jeans and then try them on with the skirt too. More clothes=more combinations=longer spent in changing room.

Then Tech like THIS would be so invaluable for women in their clothe shopping sprees, if only it'd be here sooner... :D

I can honestly say I dread going out shopping with women :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Em firstly my husband's questionable sense of decency in letting an elderly woman go ahead of us in the supermarket today(bigggggg mistake):mad: Secondly the chap on the checkout who confused the old dear by asking her if she had 4 euro in change, dear sweet Jesus I thought we'd still be there next week waiting for her to check every inch of her purse, handbag,trouser pockets and coat pockets.

Never ever let the elderly get in front of you at a checkout, I thought I'd taught him better than that, I'm so disappointed now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ignoramuses who dally at traffic lights!! :mad: Taking 15 to 20 seconds to take off. Then craaaawwwwlll through in 1st gear.

This to me is the absolute height of ignorance! It's total lack of consideration
    for the drivers behind them.

Lights don't stay green for long. Just GO!! Dammit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The media has a terribly annoying habit of saying "she welcomed her baby girl/boy into the world".
    Open the paper and it says "She WELCOMED the tot"
    Did she? Did she peek down below and say "Welcome!"

And "tot". Who says "tot"? Apart from idiots on FB who can't spell "thought".
    And people who say "sicth" instead of "sixth".

"I'll be there on the sicth". What? You'll be there on the sick?
    SPEAK PROPERLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I can never get the volume on the clock radio just right.
    If you have it on a normal setting when listening during the day then it blasts your eardrums and shocks you awake in the morning.
    If you have it on a nice wakey wakey rise and shine level for the morning, you can't hear the blasted thing during the day.
    Confound it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

fussyonion wrote: »
    The media has a terribly annoying habit of saying "she welcomed her baby girl/boy into the world".

SPEAK PROPERLY!

Ever hear some Americans saying "axed"? e.g. " I axed her for some egg nogg "

Idiots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

EdenHazard wrote: »

Talking snake believers with a chip on their shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

fussyonion wrote: »

SPEAK PROPERLY!

This annoying (mis)pronunciation is getting more and more common. I watch a lot of sports so hear it a lot.

I've even heard sikthy-sikth! e.g. "He scored a try in the sikthy-sikth minute" *shudders*

I also thought I heard fifth pronounced as fith a few times but I'm probably just going mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

People who don't turn off their keypad tones on their phones.
    . So you can hear the beep of every button they press. Was sitting beside someone in the staff canteen today and he spent his whole break texting.:mad: He was lucky I didnt smash his phone (or his head) also people who put their phones on loudspeaker in public

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Gamayun wrote: »
    This annoying (mis)pronunciation is getting more and more common. I watch a lot of sports so hear it a lot.

I've even heard sikthy-sikth! e.g. "He scored a try in the sikthy-sikth minute" *shudders*

I also thought I heard fifth pronounced as fith a few times but I'm probably just going mad...

:pac::pac: Sikthy sikth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

fceking eejits in easons around the current affairs section packing out the whole section and talking sh!t about the government and just about everything else. which they have probably just read off the magazine they were profusely reading through rather than pay the couple of euro. tight basta£ds/B!tches!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement