Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Czarcasm wrote: »
    This is why I'll normally sit in the back of cabs when I'm on my own. Drivers then think you're a stuck up prick and don't want to talk to you :D

:D agree. I also lie about where I work, in order to keep their wrath at bay.. In a taxi, a couple of years ago, with a colleague, the driver held forth about all that was wrong with our company, then belatedly realised that it wasn't such a good idea, as his company was on a contract with ours... An interesting climbdown ensued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A woman got on the bus (here I go again ffs) before me the other day and did the usual had to ask the driver where she was going, where to get off, how much it was etc. That was tolerable but then she did this really annoying thing when she was paying. She picked each coin out of her purse and placed it in the coin box separately! It was so annoying! Dip in for 20c, place it in box. Dip in and take a coin out - examine it - yes it's 5c, drop in box, dip in again...

ffs I nearly belted her with her purse. Silly b1tch!

I've often felt like going up throwing in a two euro coin and yelling 'SIT THE FCUK DOWN' to the person - I've a train to catch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People who don't turn off their keypad tones on their phones.
    . So you can hear the beep of every button they press. Was sitting beside someone in the staff canteen today and he spent his whole break texting.:mad: He was lucky I didnt smash his phone (or his head) also people who put their phones on loudspeaker in public
    It's not as common as it used to be but you still get the odd moron who scrolls through their entire selection of ringtones at high volume in public several times before choosing one. [1,000,000 mad smilies]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

....the way some petrol pumps cut off every 30c....ffffffffuuuuucccccckkkkkk.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KM88

reminds me of the woman in my college deli, just say you asked for a roll and chicken, cheese, lettuce ,you tell her then shes like chicken, and??

People using the word "like" so the sentence makes no sense.

People who don't punctuate properly so the sentence makes no sense.

People who use multipe question marks and/or exclamation marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Trying to take pics of cars at the cashel cannonball. I gave up...

summerskin wrote: »
    Aarrgh!! When people say case and point instead of case in point. Winds me up as much as for all intensive purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation mark pollution.

greenflash wrote: »
    People who say "now" whenever they do something.

People interviewed on TV - usually after a GAA match - who start every answer: "Listen, ......"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

KM88 wrote: »
    People interviewed on TV - usually after a GAA match - who start every answer: "Listen, ......"

Or 'look'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Links to the Daily Mail website, when you click on it it causes lag :mad:
    Daily Fail-even their website is s**t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Marty Morrissey's GAA commentary. Woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

When you are strimming the garden and you own a dog that lives in the garden, you strim a piece of long grass to uncover dogshite and it a bit of it flies up and hits you in the face :mad: ugh nearly barfed

Imagine how bad the same thing is for those of us who don't own dogs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I hate people that comment or reply on YouTube videos for songs things like 'my passion for music brought me here' or 'I am a fan of such and such group, that's why I'm here'

Also I dislike women that wear high heels that cannot walk in them elegantly! Someone should tell them, it's so fecking unattractive, it makes the best looking women look like cross dressers!

And finally, there is 1 bus stop on the current route I take that drives me mental, it just shouldn't exist! There is a bus stop around 200 yards before it and another 1 just across a junction, about 100 yards after it! At half 6 in the morning mad to get to bed I feel like killing people that push the stop button!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When you see two teenagers walking along together and both of them have one earphone in listening to separate music on their own phones.

Is looking "cool" really that important that you just don't talk to each other anymore :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Public toilets that don't have a hook on the back of the door, so I have to put my bag on the dirty floor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Public toilets that don't have a hook on the back of the door, so I have to put my bag on the dirty floor. :(

Also People who cant seem to flush a public toilet.
    Reminds me of this Brendan grace Father ted quote.

"if you don't like it...tough... I had my fun and thats all that matters"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Actually that vacuum packed plastic packaging thats impossible to remove and wrecks your hands?

That annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

In-laws. Enough said:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Also People who cant seem to flush a public toilet.
    Reminds me of this Brendan grace Father ted quote.

"if you don't like it...tough... I had my fun and thats all that matters"

Or absolutely disgusting individuals that take it upon themselves to express their artistic side by smearing feces on the sides of public toilet stalls. Seriously - animals got better toilet habits than some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Customers in shops who continue to talk on phones whilst trying to deal with counter staff...........usually via some sort of strange sign language.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

This happened to me on Saturday night! I managed to go with the handbag strap between my teeth - hovering too! Multitasking brilliance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

When people reply to a post with "Wow... just wow".

:mad:

(Don't even think about it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Marty Morrissey's GAA commentary. Woeful.

It's because he is an alien. The head on him, the hair is sprayed onto it.

Guinness farts, farmers tan, dirty fingernails, bad breath, Horseshoe hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When people post a video/link/quote, etc with nothing other than "I'll just leave this here."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

MJ23 wrote: »
    It's because he is an alien. The head on him, the hair is sprayed onto it.

Guinness farts, farmers tan, dirty fingernails, bad breath, Horseshoe hair.

I'd to google; a crude but rather brilliant description :D

How come we never see the comb over any more? That used annoy me something fierce, especially lads trying to hold it down with hairclips! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When people put youtube videos on facebook or boards and then when you click on them it says they have been removed from youtube because of copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'd to google; a crude but rather brilliant description :D

How come we never see the comb over any more? That used annoy me something fierce, especially lads trying to hold it down with hairclips! :pac:

Here's one for ya: ku6vn.jpg It's enough to put you off your dinner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Insurance companies and their "online" quotes. I'm looking for car insurance and every site I go to to get an online quote you have to give a phone number. Without fail I get a phone call just after I've put in the details trying to get me to buy the insurance. I'm doing it online so I don't have to talk to sales people. Feck off! I've just stopped answering my phone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Insurance companies and their "online" quotes. I'm looking for car insurance and every site I go to to get an online quote you have to give a phone number. Without fail I get a phone call just after I've put in the details trying to get me to buy the insurance. I'm doing it online so I don't have to talk to sales people. Feck off! I've just stopped answering my phone

I made that mistake too last year. As a result, this year I just put in the phone number 0870000000 ((or something similar))! Let's see them try and ring that one!!! :D:D :P :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement