Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Parent and child parking spaces. Why should people with children get special treatment?

It's the children who are getting the special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

So Reeling in the Years is not available on RTÉ+1... why the feck not?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have €100 or so as a credit balance on my credit card.

Bank sends me a statement saying your minimum payment this month is €0.

They also include that prepaid envelope as well every month.

Who the hell uses them envelopes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yes, sending them to a Building Society would make more sense! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Venting angry feelings by people in reaction to something they don't like. Especially when the same individuals equate this to providing an adequate logical rational response as to why they don'nt like something. because when something is how they like ts a trivial matter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Chuggers annoy me. I can see them in the distance and go "oh Feck".

As if I'm going to give a random person in the streets all my bank details for a Third world charity, when this bankrupt country is BORROWING €600m every year for the same cause, paid by the taxpayer eh, that's me! Are they feckin greedy or what?

I hate food packaging that needs a chainsaw to open it. A scissors would do, but that's never around when I need it, so the effin packet gets thrown around the kitchen in frustration.

I hate house alarms that go off when you're just sitting down in the garden on a sunny day. Sme people are so incapable of good neighbourliness. Hope the noise abatement society does something about this. Worst of all, I can never figure out where the blasted alarms are emanating from.

Biggest annoyance for me now though, is using the iPad and hitting that FECKIN ADtech Ad every fuppin minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

As if I'm going to give a random person in the streets all my bank details for a Third world charity, when this bankrupt country is BORROWING €600m every year for the same cause, paid by the taxpayer eh, that's me! Are they feckin greedy or what?

I was thinking this exact same thing this evening on Grafton Street. Is this day and age who hands out details like that on the street?!?!? Some must because they aren't standing there for the good of their health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

To stop them damaging the side of your car - they need to open the back door of their own car fully to lift the child in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I was thinking this exact same thing this evening on Grafton Street. Is this day and age who hands out details like that on the street?!?!? Some must because they aren't standing there for the good of their health.

Indeed, and you are right. Some people eh?

However, it's more the fact that these charities are getting huge donations from the State (us) through the Foreign Aid Program, (that we have to borrow to pay for), while disability services and home helps and the like are cut here for our own.

And STILL the chuggers look for more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Looking for decent movies to watch that I haven't seen before, particularly those lists about films you "Have" to see. Listen, dipshit, I don't need to be told I "Have" to see Terminator (Or any other film that is just as well known). Tell me about the ones that not many people at all know about! Like Love, or Another Earth, or Nothing, or Paperhouse, or The Parking Lot Movie, or Time Of Eve, or The Punk Syndrome. Those films are obviously out there! Just because you put one independent movie in your list of "Sci-fi movies you may have missed" (Obviously, they put Primer), I won't be tricked into thinking the movies aren't relative blockbusters, such as Sunshine or Titan A.E, so on. ARGH!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Looking for decent movies to watch that I haven't seen before, particularly those lists about films you "Have" to see. Listen, dipshit, I don't need to be told I "Have" to see Terminator (Or any other film that is just as well known). Tell me about the ones that not many people at all know about! Like Love, or Another Earth, or Nothing, or Paperhouse, or The Parking Lot Movie, or Time Of Eve, or The Punk Syndrome. Those films are obviously out there! Just because you put one independent movie in your list of "Sci-fi movies you may have missed" (Obviously, they put Primer), I won't be tricked into thinking the movies aren't relative blockbusters, such as Sunshine or Titan A.E, so on. ARGH!!!!

Purely Belter. Very good film!! :D :P :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Another bus one, the people who seem amazed that they have to pay...so bus is held up while they scrabble for money. People with prepaid tickets, who try several of the (used up) tickets before hitting on the one that still is working. They carefully pack away the tickets again, and repeat the performance next day. Why not put the used ones in the bin on the bus for used tickets :confused:
    Also keypad tones, oh dear Lord...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

True, they must be getting some people to sign up. I can't imagine why people would give their details out like that. I wonder if some give fake details, just to escape the chuggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It's the children who are getting the special treatment.

:confused:

I hate food packaging that needs a chainsaw to open it. A scissors would do, but that's never around when I need it, so the effin packet gets thrown around the kitchen in frustration.

I hate house alarms that go off when you're just sitting down in the garden on a sunny day. Sme people are so incapable of good neighbourliness. Hope the noise abatement society does something about this. Worst of all, I can never figure out where the blasted alarms are emanating from.

Biggest annoyance for me now though, is using the iPad and hitting that FECKIN ADtech Ad every fuppin minute.

There's a noise abatement society? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Here's what annoyed me today.

http://s8.postimg.org/j7dyn4go5/Bread_Hole.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

When you cant get the postition of a magnetic stir bar correct and it hits off the side of the bottle..annoys the crap outta me! but I cant get a smaller one cause the communal lab supply is stashed away by other people!

People who go to McDonalds for salad. It's actually the worst looking salad I have ever seen. If you want a salad buy/make a proper one - don't go into McDonald's just so you can make a fuucking point in front of the rest of us.

Added to that list are the w*nkers who buy coffee in that w*ankery place on abbey st - it is NOT the best coffee in Dublin ok! It's just "cool" to pretend it is. Went there once, took so long to make the "best" coffee it was tepid when I got it. Full of pretentious sh1ts. And my suspicion was confirmed when a name-dropey eejit I know started waxing lyrical about it. The best coffee in Dublin is still in my Daddy's kitchen at 7:30 am :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

lol. When I was 7 I asked mum what a brothel was (having heard this new, strange word on the news) and she told me - parenting at it's finest - It's a place where a man can go to pay a woman to love him. Pah! :D

And remarkably, for a very liberal parent, when news of Freddie Mercury's death broke and I asked how he died, her answer was, "he had AIDs...he was one of them" :(

...I learned it all at 7 I can tell ye :)

People who lick envelopes in front of me. Fuuck off and do your disgusting tongue waving elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who lick envelopes in front of me. Fuuck off and do your disgusting tongue waving elsewhere!

Tell them flies lay eggs in glue, that'll stop them in their slimy tracks!!! :pac: (probably an urban myth)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

lol. When I was 7 I asked mum what a brothel was (having heard this new, strange word on the news) and she told me - parenting at it's finest - It's a place where a man can go to pay a woman to love him. Pah! :D

And remarkably, for a very liberal parent, when news of Freddie Mercury's death broke and I asked how he died, her answer was, "he had AIDs...he was one of them" :(

What, a singer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who mow lawns at 8am on Saturday...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Well there's a mental image made me shudder upon reading! :pac:

(A bit like the Miley Cyrus VMA Awards performance I just watched - for a young one she's got a tongue like a basset hound! :pac:)

Pre-gummed envelopes, the solution to dried out tongues everywhere! :D

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Tell them flies lay eggs in glue, that'll stop them in their slimy tracks!!! :pac: (probably an urban myth)

Envelope licking should be abolished completely. It's disgusting. Hold on til I open up this letter I just received, let me just run my fingers along the line of congealed 3 day old human spit and see whats inside. Fuuck sake.

The only reaosn it still exists is to give little fat aul wans something businessy and nelly-like to do - it's followed by a real "now, thats done" air - their bingo/knitting/Joe Duffy/mass on wednesday morning/coupon lives would be incomplete otherwise...

eisenberg1 wrote: »

What, a singer?

No, a gaaaaaaaay :P My Nan did something similar a few years back, there was something on TV about TV presenter's salaries and Graham Norton's was mentioned. Cue my Nan - he gets what?! And he's one of them you know! Like what is he supposed to take a mandatory 10% gay pay cut?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

bingo/knitting/Joe Duffy/mass on wednesday morning/coupon lives would be incomplete otherwise...

I take exception and challenge you to a duel! The gauntlet has been placed before you!

• Advertisement

I take exception and challenge you to a duel! The gauntlet has been placed before you!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

One of them learned how to use technology! :D:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement