Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

One of them learned how to use technology! :D:pac:

Said the person with Old in their username. Game on, game on....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Looking for decent movies to watch that I haven't seen before, particularly those lists about films you "Have" to see. Listen, dipshit, I don't need to be told I "Have" to see Terminator (Or any other film that is just as well known). Tell me about the ones that not many people at all know about! Like Love, or Another Earth, or Nothing, or Paperhouse, or The Parking Lot Movie, or Time Of Eve, or The Punk Syndrome. Those films are obviously out there! Just because you put one independent movie in your list of "Sci-fi movies you may have missed" (Obviously, they put Primer), I won't be tricked into thinking the movies aren't relative blockbusters, such as Sunshine or Titan A.E, so on. ARGH!!!!

Willy Wonka, or if you have seen it, check out "The Pusher" Trilogy, Danish, so expect subs but excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I really hope this isnt just me but.......oh and perhaps its age related....but... That thing where you bend down to pick something up like a rogue sock or kids toy and kinda miss it or fumble it and then repeat it 5 or six times like a scratched DVD...

Hey Kids. DVDs are what grandad used to watch the talkies on before kickass torrents and netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Said the person with Old in their username. Game on, game on....

...slinks away....

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

The licking of envelopes reminded me of one...

People who lick their finger when turning pages. Being handed a sheet of paper with a smear of saliva on it is fcuking disgusting!

I've seen people doing it with money too.. the germs! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Ive one, and It really gets me...
    IdiotsPeople who do not furnish proper information when putting their car up for sale.
    Theres a number of things here. I saw a -and I quote- "2003 Renault Laguna 1.9 TDI" for sale today. Its not a f*cking Volkswagen! You should care enough about your car to know what engine prefix goes in its name (dCi). Though thats at the bottom of the scale, next up is people not putting things like fuel type or engine size or gearbox type in their ad. Do it you lazy bums...
    Topping the scale for me are three simple letters that will force me to just move on and ignore the ad, no matter how good the car is. P.O.A..... Why even bother putting up a 96 Astra with no NCT if thats what in your f*cking Price Title!?:mad::mad::mad:

Phone calls from private numbers. It's just rude. Like calling to someone's house with a balaclava on :mad: I make a point of ignoring them. (Also ignore people who call to my house with a balaclava on)

Closely linked to above are those who call and ask to know who they are speaking with :confused: Er...you fuucking tell me - you called!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Phone calls from private numbers. It's just rude.

If I call my girlfriend from my office phone it comes up as a private number. Am I being rude or are you just a bit sheltered from real life?

If I call my girlfriend from my office phone it comes up as a private number. Am I being rude or are you just a bit sheltered from real life?

You're being rude. Extra rude for making personal calls too. And extra extra rude for accusing someone of being sheltered because they say something you don't like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

People who say "9am, in the morning" or " I will call you at 4.30pm, in the afternoon"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

People that piss in the sink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

People who say " I seen that man " when they mean "I saw that man ", usually from the midlands or north , learn English you ignoramuses !

When you are at a concert/show and the singer points the microphone at the crowd for everyone to sing. I am always left thinking, seriously, I paid you to sing and now, wtf?
    This also holds true when they shout "make some noise". No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Oops69 wrote: »
    People who say " I seen that man " when they mean "I saw that man ", usually from the midlands or north , learn English you ignoramuses !

nothing worse than people what cant speak proper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

There is a lovely free app that solves all the problems with private numbers. It simply rejects them without the phone ringing. Handy out.

picsay-1377689816_zps3453bf21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Dutch mega deejays speaking in fake American accents about their residency in x club in Ibiza, just shut up and play your tunes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Right now, what's really annoying me is the size of the font in my address bar. I'm using Chrome and I've tried googling to see if there's a way of reducing it, but can't find any solution.

It's driving me crazy.

When you are having a discussion with someone and they use the most irritating phrase known to man, "...but in the real world...". I don't know whether to punch them straight out or else ride up to their house with paper mache wings on a pony and say "Behold it is I, on Pegasus".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

vitani wrote: »
    Right now, what's really annoying me is the size of the font in my address bar. I'm using Chrome and I've tried googling to see if there's a way of reducing it, but can't find any solution.

It's driving me crazy.

Quick Google:-

Windows Vista:

Right click on the desktop and click Personalize on the menu that opens up. Click on Windows Color and Appearance. Click "Open classic appearance properties for more color options". In the window that opens, choose a different COLOR SCHEME click apply see if that fixes it, then change back to the color scheme you had

Windows 7:

The font of the tabs and bookmarks toolbar is linked to the fonts control in "Personalize". Under window color and appearance, go to advanced, use the menu to select "Message Box" this is the one that controls the font for the browser.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    nothing worse than people what cant speak proper

Indeed...were they not learned anything in school??

When you are having a discussion with someone and they use the most irritating phrase known to man, "...but in the real world...". I don't know whether to punch them straight out or else ride up to their house with paper mache wings on a pony and say "Behold it is I, on Pegasus".

:D...will you do this for me on my birthday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Quick Google:-

Windows Vista:

Right click on the desktop and click Personalize on the menu that opens up. Click on Windows Color and Appearance. Click "Open classic appearance properties for more color options". In the window that opens, choose a different COLOR SCHEME click apply see if that fixes it, then change back to the color scheme you had

Windows 7:

The font of the tabs and bookmarks toolbar is linked to the fonts control in "Personalize". Under window color and appearance, go to advanced, use the menu to select "Message Box" this is the one that controls the font for the browser.

Thanks. I'm using Windows XP but tried something similar and it hasn't worked. I think I'm doomed to be annoyed until I get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It's driving me crazy.

The most recently released version of chrome has this by default and you cant turn it off. Install an older version, or hope a newer version will revert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Thanks. I'm using Windows XP but tried something similar and it hasn't worked. I think I'm doomed to be annoyed until I get used to it.

This issue has been widely documented over the last few days with the latest release of Chrome 29, Beerwolf's suggestions were only going to change the title bar text size. Google have no intention of implementing a fix, as it's not a bug apparently. Best suggestion for now would be to switch back to an older version of Chrome.

Actually there's something that annoys me and I'm seeing a lot of it lately, these stupid "browser wars". Such as the issue above and little johnny says "I'm going to use IE or Firefox or Safari until they change it back!". As if anybody at Google gives a fcuk for little johnny! :pac:

Also, when you have an issue with a browser like IE, and some numbnuts suggests "Google Chrome is much better than IE, use Google Chrome!"...

That's really not solving my problem with Internet Explorer!

EDIT: Bishop ran in there before me as I was still typing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Since an update last week IE refuses to open pages in new tab, if I select the option (either by right click or ctrl+click) it's straight into a new window. Bloody annoying and as it's a work PC settings are restricted. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

maximoose wrote: »
    Since an update last week IE refuses to open pages in new tab, if I select the option (either by right click or ctrl+click) it's straight into a new window. Bloody annoying and as it's a work PC settings are restricted. Damn it.

does middleclick work? (click your scroll wheel)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Websites that have a top 10 or 20 of something but require you click through page after page instead of having them all on a list, grrr. Also image sites that if you click into the thumbnail and go back it goes to the top of the previous page not where you were looking at meaning unecessary scrolling.

#whitepeopleproblems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement